The Second "Date" Part 1

He's Got A Boy [ON HIATUS]

                Something weird is up with Hyukjae. Instead of the usual frown and groan, he wore a gummy smile when he woke up. Even his regular routine was different. Instead of just leaving his bed unmade, he properly arranged it to how it should have looked all these years and he even took a shower, with soap and shampoo.

                Sora could only look in horror at the sight of her little brother becoming so happy in the morning. When he walked towards her to give her a hug, she took a quick whiff of him.

                “Hyukjae-ah, did you use my shampoo?” Hyukjae shook his head and Sora looked at him with a weird stare, he definitely used something of hers. “Then what did you use?”

                “Your deodorant.”

                Sora looked at him with agape as he let go of her and proceeded to go to the dining room to eat his breakfast. His parents looked at him the same way Sora looked at him a few moments ago.

                “Good morning appa, umma,” Hyukjae perked, smiling at them as he dug into his plate. His father took off his glasses and looked at him with a hard stare.

                “Son, do you have a fever?”

                Hyukjae looked up, his mouth full of food and swallowed. “No, why?”

                “You just seem so . . . giddy today,” his mom answered. Hyukjae looked at them back and forth with a slight smile.

                “That’s because I got date after school,” he stated, as he finished his breakfast. He quickly went into the bathroom, fixing the bed hair he had and brushing his teeth before walking the door. “I’ll be home by eight or nine!”

                With that, his family stared at the empty space where he stood before and looked at one another. “But didn’t he say he was going to work on a project with his friend Donghae?”

Mustachebanner_zps22b08e9c.png

                Donghae was acting just the same. Unlike his usually mornings, he didn’t trip over anything and was undeniably smooth today. He still wasn’t able to get the designated uniform these past few weeks, but he didn’t mind since the director of the academy said it was alright as of now. Tucking in his dress shirt, his eyes landed on the clothes he bought when he was with the others.

                I haven’t even worn them once since I bought it . . . Donghae thought.  He looked at himself in the mirror before tilting his head. Maybe he could just skip out on the regular attire today . . .

                Undressing himself of the button down shirt and khakis, he took the gray v-neck and the white and navy striped cardigan before taking the pair of pastel red jeans (A/N: Look in the author's note below the chapter for the picture of the outfit)He kept his glasses on since they were a necessity and wore his soccer shoes, since, they were the only pair of shoes he had besides his oxford ones.

                His hair was in its usual tousled state and he didn’t bother to fix it since it would be to no avail. He was satisfied, but he suddenly felt the sensation of panic. The usual dress code for the school was the uniform, and this absolutely wasn’t the uniform.

                He looked back at his button down shirt and sweater vest before packing them inside his sports bag, just in case he would have to change at school.

                Donghae looked inside his parents’ room to find Donghwa sleeping on it peacefully. It was understandable, their parents’ bed was the most soft and comfortable one in the whole house. He closed the door quietly and walked down the stairs with his bag in hand. He quickly took some yogurt from the fridge and packed it inside his bag for him to eat on the way.

                Making a quick trip to the bathroom, he was already out the door, leaving a note on the table for Donghwa to inform him that Hyukjae was coming over later.

. . .

. . .

. . .

                As soon as Donghae stepped on the campus, everyone stared at him. Almost all the spectators were girls, their eyes glued on the new Donghae in front of them. The guys could have cared less how good he looked, just the fact that the usually quiet Donghae was wearing something against school regulations.

                Siwon met with Donghae first. His eyebrows rising as soon as he saw him. “Donghae, you do know that you’re wearing a v-neck and cardigan right?”

                “I know.”

                Siwon stared at him again and repeated his question. “You do know that you’re wearing a v-neck and cardigan right?”

                Donghae rolled his eyes a bit. “I know. I chose to dress like this.”

                “It’s a high chance you’ll be forced to change right?”

                “I have my other clothes here,” Donghae said, holding up his sports bag. Siwon continued to stare at him as he repeated the question a third time, emphasizing every word.

                “You do know that you’re wearing a v-neck and cardigan right?

                Donghae sighed and rolled his eyes, emphasizing every word he said. “Omo, I didn’t know! I guess I’ll just apologize for not having the uniform!

                Siwon blinked before shaking his head. “Let’s just go inside before you get caught outside. People are starting to whip out their phones and videotaping.”

                With that, Siwon led the sore thumb away from the crowd as they safely enter the academy without getting in trouble. 

                As they walked in, the same thing happened. Only this time, everyone was staring at Donghae now. All the girls stopped their gossiping and stared, their irises practically turning into hearts. Donghae was starting to feel uncomfortable. It reminded him of that time back in Hallyu Wave when Hyukjae and him were supposed to be working on their project.

                “Omo, is that really Donghae-ssi?”

                “Wow, if he was hot when he was dressed as a nerd, he’s even hotter when he’s not.”

                “Do you think I’ll have a chance?”

                “As if! Do you know how many girls are looking at him now? You’ll get yourself killed in the crowd.”

                “Well I’ll give it a shot.”

                All the girls were staring him down, and Siwon knew what was coming. He grabbed Donghae by the bag and started to drag him as he ran as fast as he could, Donghae following his speed. That’s when the girls took their cue to run after them. Donghae was shocked at how many of these girls could run pretty well with the shoes they were wearing.

                Siwon sighed as he continued to run with Donghae. “I knew this was going to happen. Thank God we’re on the soccer team.”

                Donghae said nothing as he dared to take a glance behind them. It was practically a stampede of girls running after them, and within the crowd, Donghae could catch a glimpse of a fight happening. Girls are crazy . . .

                “Yah! No running in the hall—”

                Siwon and Donghae ran around him as they continued down the hall and made a left turn. The teacher who was trying to stop them shook his head and turned back around, only to pale at the sight. Hundreds of girls were coming his way and he had no choice but to be pushed and pulled by them as they ran by also.

                “Aish, they’re still following us?” Siwon cursed under his breath. They were starting to feel tired and they literally had nowhere to go now. They stopped when they found no stairway to go through.

                “What now?” asked a panting Donghae. They started looking around their surroundings before seeing an air vent. They gave each other a stare, knowing it was a stupid plan.

                “I think they went this way!” echoed one of the girls. Donghae and Siwon looked at each other again before Siwon knelt down to give Donghae a lift into the air vent. Opening it, Donghae threw his backpack and sports bag inside, Siwon’s bag following after.

                Donghae climbed in quick and held out his hand for Siwon to get in. The sound of running footsteps made them panic as Donghae grabbed onto his arms and Siwon pulled himself up and into the air vent. Closing it, Donghae scooted backwards as Siwon was behind him. They held their breaths as the crowd of girls came into view.

                “Damn it, you said they were here!”

                “They should be! I saw them run here!” Donghae and Siwon stayed still and made sure they couldn’t be seen in the air vent. Their hearts were beating fast in fear.

                “Aish, then where the hell would they be if they aren’t here, huh? The only way to get out of this dead end is to go through . . . the window . . .” With that, all the girls went to the nearest window and looked out. Fortunately for Donghae and Siwon, the window was already open when they were climbing in the air vent, making the girls believe that they did climb out the window.

                “Come on, they should be on the first floor!”

                The sound of running footsteps were starting to fade and the two waited until it was finally silent. Donghae looked to see if any of them were lingering around. The coast was clear and the two could finally breathe again.

                Slowly and carefully, Donghae opened the air vent, dropping his bags softly on the ground before getting out. Siwon followed after closed the air vent.

                “We should get to class, there’s five minutes left until homeroom,” Siwon said. Donghae nodded and shouldered his bags. “See you at lunch!”

                “That’s if I decide to come that is,” mumbled Donghae as he walked to his classroom.

Mustachebanner_zps22b08e9c.png

                Mr. Kim looked at Donghae when he came in. He raised an eyebrow at Donghae’s choice of outfit today and erased something on the attendance sheet.

                “Oh you’re here Donghae, I was about to mark you down absent,” Mr. Kim said. Donghae bowed to him.

                “Sorry Mr. Kim, some problems came up,” Donghae stated, before straightening again. Mr. Kim stared him down before nodded.

                “Just take your seat Donghae, I’ll excuse your lateness for today since you’re always here so early,” Mr. Kim said. He continued as he read off the call roll. “And I suggest staying away from the dean’s office, if they see you, you will receive detention.”

                Donghae nodded and bowed again. “Thank you sir.”

                Hyukjae and Sungmin looked at each other before looking at Donghae. The first thing that came to mind was his outfit. Just what the hell was he thinking when he dressed like that to go to school?

                Hyukjae couldn’t help a small smile forming on his face. He couldn’t help this small twinge of hope that their ‘date’ today made Donghae self conscious of how he dressed.

                Unconsciously, he let out a small giggle that made the girl next to him look at him with a look of disgust. “Weirdo . . .” 

. . .

. . .

. . .

                A folded piece of paper found its way onto Donghae’s desk. Raising an eyebrow, he opened it, reading the contents inside.

                I think you’re cute. Why don't you call me some time? ;) 010 – 454 – XXXX

                                                                                                                                                -Third row, seat four

                Donghae made a puzzled face and looked back. A girl with long blonde hair, tied into a high side ponytail waved at him, sending him a wink as she blew a bubble. Frozen in disgust, Donghae awkwardly smiled back at her before discreetly throwing out the piece of paper into the trash can next to him.

                Those type of girls were definitely not his type, not to mention, he didn’t prefer such direct girls that wore their skirts up to their thigh that it practically showed their when they sat.

                He turned his attention back to Mr. Kim before another piece of paper flew onto his desk. Sighing, he opened it.

                Hey, I saw you throw out Na Young’s paper. Guess she’s not your ideal type, huh? How about we have lunch together today? :)

                                                                                                                                                -Im Yoona, fourth row, fifth seat

                Donghae furrowed his eyebrows. So the blonde hooker is Na Young? He seriously needs to start learning everyone’s names in his classes. He turned around again before he caught sight of a girl smiling at him with a small wave. That was probably Im Yoona.

                She was much more subtle than Na Young. She had a caramel color for her hair as it cascaded down her shoulders. She had big eyes compared to others, and she did wear her uniform properly. But he noticed the subtle display of skin as the skirt was as short as the other girls had and her uniform had a few of the top buttons ed.

                Im Yoona wasn’t a good choice either. He only nodded as he also discreetly threw away that piece of paper. She didn’t exactly strike any interest in him.

                Just when he thought there would be no more papers thrown at him, another one had appeared. Donghae was starting to get slightly annoyed. But this time, the note was a little different. Instead of the purple or pink paper, it was just a regular piece of loose leaf.

                Yah, don't you dare throw this paper out! I see that you’re getting hit on by the other girls in class now, huh? Better not bail out on me today. Bros before hoes!

                                                                                                                                                                -Lee Hyukjae

                Donghae chuckled a bit and didn’t bother to look back at the said anchovy. He started to write on the same piece of paper.

                I won't, I won't. None of them are my type anyway. We’re still going to my house right?

                He looked up to see if Mr. Kim was looking. Quickly, he threw it onto Hyukjae’s desk, a perfect landing. Hyukjae quickly opened it and smiled in satisfaction.

                If they’re not your ideal type, what is?

                Hyukjae looked at what he wrote before shaking his head, crossing it out. He instead wrote: Yeah, right after school?

                Donghae quickly caught the paper ball that came toward him. He looked at it before nodding to Hyukjae. Just when he was about to throw out the note, he felt someone shadow over him. He looked up and saw Mr. Kim, standing in front of him.

               “Donghae, is that a note for me?” Donghae shook his head and Mr. Kim raised an eyebrow. “Likewise. Detention today after school. You know the rules, no passing notes in class.”

                Donghae dejectedly sank down in his chair. His first detention. Just how was he going to explain this to his parents when they find out?

                Hyukjae stared at his friend with an apologetic look and Donghae only smiled, indicating that it’s fine. Hyukjae sighed and raised a hand. “Uh, Mr. Kim. I think I deserve detention. I was the one who passed him a note.”

                Mr. Kim raised an eyebrow and looked at Donghae. “Is that so?” Donghae looked at Hyukjae with a frown and shook his head, not wanting Hyukjae to get in trouble.

                “Sir, it was really me who passed the note. Just give me the detention instead of Donghae.”

                Mr. Kim looked at him before putting his chalk down. “Okay then, Hyukjae you’re in detention. But Donghae, you’re on cleaning duty this afternoon.”

                Donghae looked back at Hyukjae with a frown and Hyukjae shrugged as he sent him a smile. Donghae shook his head before turning back to Mr. Kim, the corners of his mouth twitching upwards.

. . .

. . .

. . .

                Donghae sighed as he started to clean the blackboard. Hyukjae was sitting in his desk as Mr. Kim was grading some work.

                Hyukjae couldn’t help but feel guilty as he watched Donghae. It was his fault for getting them into this mess. His leg started to shake, wanting to get up and help out his friend.

                “Hyukjae, if you’re starting to feel restless, why don't you help Donghae on cleaning duty?” suggested Mr. Kim without looking up. Hyukjae brightened and stood up, grabbing the eraser and started erasing the other side of the black board.

                It didn’t look like Donghae noticed that Hyukjae was helping yet as he continued to move closer toward the middle of the board. Hyukjae just followed his movements until they were literally next to each other, cleaning their side of the board.

                As Donghae continued to advance to the right, he bumped into Hyukjae, scaring the pee out of him.

                “Whoa, Hyukjae what are you doing standing?”

                “I’m helping a friend with cleaning duty.”

                Donghae looked at him as he continued to erase. “But why?”

                “Well, we were supposed to work on our project remember? But my mistake led us here.”

                Mr. Kim turned to them. “Project? You mean for my class?”

                Donghae and Hyukjae jumped and turned to face him. They nodded. Mr. Kim smiled slightly. “Well, I’m surprised to see such students so diligent in assignments that aren’t due until June. Even for a student like Donghae, I expected him to start at least next month.”

                “We thought it would be best to get it out of the way,” Hyukjae said. Mr. Kim smiled at the two.

                “Well, how about this? Since it’s the first time you two had ever gotten in trouble, you are able to leave after finishing cleaning duty.”

                Donghae and Hyukjae beamed and bowed. “Thank you Mr. Kim!”

                “Now hurry up and finish, you won't have much time left today to work on it if you keep bowing like that.”

                Donghae and Hyukjae stopped and looked at each other with a smile. It was finally calm between the two . . . or so they thought.


{Author's Note}

Hope this chapter was long enough for you ^^ Omo, 200 subscribers! This is definitely daebak since I didn''t expect this story to have this much subscribers ^-^ Thank you so much for subscribing!

Lol, I can see some of you readers are confused as to why my vacation had just started but honestly, my vacation started June 11 since it was regents week, but we only had to go back this week to get our report cards ^^

Though, even though I said summer break started and there may be more frequent updates, my mom saw that the school has sent me a letter saying that the summer classes they are providing are going to help me with credits and decided that I will be going for the session _ _l|l

It starts July 8 and ends July 26, so during that time, the updates will probably be every two days or something, depending on the schedule they give me. 

Overall, I hope you enjoyed reading! ^^

Outfit: 

130521ccro00-1.jpg