Butterflies

He's Got A Boy [ON HIATUS]

 

                Donghae froze in his spot and looked at Hyukjae as if he was a ghost. “Are you okay Donghae?” Sungmin asked worriedly, looking at him. Lee Hyukjae awkwardly put his hand down when Donghae didn’t take it to shake.

                Well there goes his chance at skin ship with him. “Donghae, your eyes look like they’re going to pop out,” Sungmin said. He slapped Donghae softly on the cheek . . . okay, maybe not that soft. It left a red, big hand print on the side of his face.

                “OW!” Donghae yelled, holding the side of his face. “WHAT WAS THAT FOR?!”

                “Yah, don't yell at me!” Sungmin pouted, flinching away. “You were looking pale and just kept staring at Hyukjae. Are you okay?”

                “Yeah, I’m fine, I was just tired is all,” Donghae mumbled. He glanced at Hyukjae and he smiled when he caught him looking.

                “You must have been surprised to see me, weren’t you?” Hyukjae asked. He had a strong friendly aura around him and Donghae could only nod. “Well you shouldn’t be, you were the one who asked if I attended SM Academy yesterday. If anything, I should be the one surprised.”

                “Wait, you guys already met?” Sungmin asked, looking between the two.

                Hyukjae nodded. “Yup, he walked into the restaurant yesterday. Was he the new friend you and the others were talking about?”

                Friends. It sounded foreign to Donghae for some reason. Maybe it was the fact that he didn’t exactly think of them as friends? Well, he had only met them yesterday . . .

                Sungmin nodded, confirming what Hyukjae just said. “Yup, you’d be surprised if I told you how we met him.”

                “No need to, I heard it all from Heechul hyung,” Hyukjae said.

                Donghae blushed internally. Oh my Einstein, don't tell me he's talking about the soccer ball incident. “Who knew Ryeowook had that much power in his kick?” And there it is.

                Donghae literally wanted to crawl under a rock. But why? Well for one, he’s embarrassed. And two, he just didn’t know why he felt like this in front of Hyukjae. He wasn’t gay, he was straight. He was sure.

                “So I heard you’re in the same class as me and Sungmin?” asked Hyukjae.

                Donghae nodded, making sure he didn’t say a lot or else he’d probably say too much and end up kicking himself. “You don't talk much do you?”

                Donghae didn’t say anything and just smiled sheepishly. Hyukjae returned the smile and turned to Sungmin.

                “Sungmin what time is it?” Hyukjae asked. Donghae frowned a bit when he wasn’t paying attention to him.

                “It’s 8:30, we still have some time to kill,” Sungmin said, shrugging as he looked at his watch. He looked to Donghae. “If you want, we can go inside now and give a short tour of the place.”

                Donghae thought about it. He wasn’t able to scout the place yesterday since he was practically dragged everywhere, and right now seemed like a good time. “I’ll come along, the others aren’t even here yet and I don't like being alone,” said Hyukjae. And that one statement just made Donghae feel much happier.

Mustachebanner_zps22b08e9c.png

                Donghae was walking slower on purpose. It was pretty obvious why he was walking this slowly; it was because he wanted to walk next to a certain anchovy who was oblivious to all this. “And this here is the soccer field. Do you play soccer Donghae-ssi?”

                Donghae nodded and Sungmin looked surprised at this. “You do? We should all play together one time then,” Sungmin grinned and Donghae smiled at that.

                Donghae may not look like the athletic type, but he honestly had played soccer when he was little and still does in his free time. Why do you think he was so ripped?

                “How about we play one on one right now?” Hyukjae suggested and Donghae looked at him confused. “I want to see just how good you are. Plus, there’s still plenty of time left before classes start. So what do you say?”

                To play or not to play was question. Okay, that was a lame Shakespeare reference.

                “Well I don't see the harm in playing one game . . .” Donghae trailed, taking off his backpack. But then he remembered what he was wearing and looked to Hyukjae. “Um, do you have a pair of sneakers I could borrow?”

                Hyukjae laughed. Not to be mean, but that laugh was not attractive at all . . . to any normal person . . . and Donghae was definitely not normal. His laugh practically had Donghae’s insides melting and Donghae could only smile. Hyukjae went inside his own bag and took out another pair of sneakers for Donghae.

                “Here you can use these. I’m not sure if they would fit you though.”

                Donghae took them and tried them on. They were a bit big but it wasn’t much of a problem. He got up and jumped a bit in them to test them and looked to Hyukjae to start the game. “Sungmin are you playing also?”

                “Nah, I’ll just sit on the sidelines. I’m more of a martial arts person than a ball person.”

                Donghae made a mental note to never anger him in any possible way. Hyukjae was already on the field, waiting for Donghae and the soccer ball was under Hyukjae’s foot. “Should we go for five points?”

                “Whatever works for you?” Hyukjae nodded and the two faced each other. Sungmin had decided to be the referee and somehow managed to get his hands on a whistle.

                “Ready, set, go!” Sungmin placed the ball in the middle and blew the whistle.

                Hyukjae was already running toward but Donghae was just a bit faster. Donghae was already dribbling the ball to the goal but Hyukjae had come out of nowhere and stole it from him. He was running the other direction and kicked the ball into the goal.

                Hyukjae: 1. Donghae: 0.

                Donghae nodded. He didn’t intentionally lose on purpose, but he used it to observe Hyukjae’s technique and skills. Oh, so he uses an Akka move . . .

                Donghae nodded to himself and was focused on getting to the goal now that he knew Hyukjae’s technique. When the whistle blew, Donghae immediately got the ball and used a Maradona spin on him and kicked the ball in the goal immediately.

                Hyukjae: 1. Donghae: 1.

                The game continued until they were tied 4-4. Donghae and Hyukjae were starting to breathe heavily a bit, but it wasn’t much.

                “Wow, I didn’t expect you to be this good,” Hyukjae breathed as he looked at Donghae with a grin. Donghae blushed a bit. “Do you play every day?”

                Donghae shook his head. “Only when I feel stressed and have some free time.”

                “I don't believe that.”

                The whistle blew and the two came forward to the soccer ball.

Mustachebanner_zps22b08e9c.png

(A/N: Sorry, I'm not good in writing sport action scenes lol)

 

                Hyukjae and Donghae were both lying down on the ground. They were breathing heavily and the soccer ball rolled slowly out of the goal post.

                It was Donghae who had shot the soccer ball.

                “Wow, that was a good game,” Hyukjae managed to breathe out. Donghae smiled a bit.

                “Thanks.”

                “Ever thought of joining the soccer team?”

                This perked Donghae’s interest and he sat up to look at him. “There’s a soccer team in SM Academy?”

                Hyukjae nodded and sat up also. “Yup. Sungmin, Siwon, Kibum, Young Woon and I are on the team.”

                Of course, after hearing that Hyukjae was on it, Donghae suddenly had the burning passion to join the team. He nodded to Hyukjae with a smile. “I don't see in the harm of trying out. Plus, a sports team looks good on a transcript.”

                Now it was Hyukjae’s turn to feel shy. Something about that smile made Hyukjae a bit flustered. Like Donghae, he thought he was going crazy to actually be thinking this about another man. He was straight after all . . .

                “Hey you two love birds! Get off your butts and let’s go! We’re going to be late if we don't hurry!” Sungmin yelled. Donghae and Hyukjae pinked at the sound of lovebirds and immediately got up and took their bags and ran with him to homeroom.

. . .

. . .

. . .

                “Lee Sungmin, Lee Hyukjae, Lee Donghae, you three are late,” boomed Mr. Kim. He had a ruler in his hand and the three looked down to avoid his eyes. “Well, what’s the excuse this time?”

                The three shook their heads. “No excuse sir, it was by our miscalculation of trying to make it on time and our inability to make it here while running,” said Donghae. The girls in the class were drooling over at the fact that Donghae was a bit sweaty and the fact that the sweat glistened when the sun shone on him. Donghae didn’t notice.

                But Hyukjae did.

                For some reason, Hyukjae had the sudden urge to glare at every girl who ogling him. But the fact that Mr. Kim was still in front of them, stopped him.

                He really needed to snap out of this.

                “Hm, since this is your first time being late Donghae, I’ll let you three go. But the next time it happens, it’s detention for all three of you,” threatened Mr. Kim. “Now take your seats.” The three nodded vigorously and scrambled to their desks.

                To Donghae’s surprise, Hyukjae sat right next to Donghae. He looked over at him with wide eyes. “You sit here?” whispered Donghae, fixing the lenses on his face.

                Hyukjae only gave him a gummy smile and nodded. Could Donghae’s day get any better?

                Apparently it can because as soon as Donghae turned back to pay attention to Mr. Kim, there was a project assigned on the board.

                “Alright class. Since I have you guys for physics and chemistry—“

                “Sadly,” mumbled one student.

                “—I figured it might be nice to have you guys boost up your grades. The project is basically like any science project. All you have to have is a purpose, hypothesis and experiment. Remember, you must have a report and board version of the project or I won't accept it. You can choose to work solo or in groups of two.”

                Hyukjae turned to Donghae. “Donghae, do you want to work together? I mean, if you’re going to work alone it’s—”

                “It’s fine!” Donghae cut him off. He cleared his throat a bit and repeated in a calmer voice. “It’s fine.” Hyukjae grinned and looked to him.

                “Great, when can we start?”

                “Tomorrow?”

                “Where?”

                “At Hallyu Wave?”

                Hyukjae nodded. “I’m fine with that. I might have to work for a bit, so I hope you don't mind.”

                “It’s fine, really, don't worry,” Donghae reassured. Hyukjae nodded.

                “I guess I’ll see you then?”

                Donghae nodded.

                Wait, was this a date? It’s only going to be those two hanging out. But it’s for a school project. But then why did Donghae suddenly feel nervous and excited about tomorrow? He practically had butterflies in his stomach. But what he didn’t know was that Hyukjae was feeling the same way . . .

 


 

{Author's Note}

Well here's chapter 4, hope you enjoyed~! ^^ And did you hear? Super Junior-M performed "Breakdown" on M! Countdown~ :3 so happy for Zhou Mi and Henry. I kept smiling like an idiot whenever I heard the screams for the two :3