Love Quarrel?

He's Got A Boy [ON HIATUS]

 

                Donghae stared at quivering phone in front of him. It was vibrating like crazy and all Donghae did was stare at it.

                Hyukjae’s name was blinking on the screen.

                He wondered if he should just let it ring, but he did that for the last twenty calls and if Hyukjae kept on calling, there was no way he could just ignore it. He pressed the green button.

                “Hello?”

                “WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?! I’VE CALLED LIKE TWENTY TIMES AND YOU DIDN’T ANSWER!”

                Donghae had to hold the phone away from his ear before rubbing the back of his head. “Ha ha, sorry, I didn’t hear it ring.”

                “Or did you just ignore them?”

                Donghae flinched a bit. The ice in Hyukjae’s voice told him he was pissed, and Donghae didn’t know even know why he felt guilty. It’s not like he ignored them on purpose, he didn’t hear his phone ring . . .

                Okay, who was he kidding? He knew he ignored them for a reason, and he knew Hyukjae would be furious. Why try hiding the obvious? That would just make Hyukjae even angrier.

                “Why were you ignoring them? Are you trying to back out from our plans?”

                You hit the nail on the head there Hyukjae, Donghae thought. Donghae wasn’t exactly antisocial, but he wasn’t outgoing either. Whenever he’s around a group of people that he has to talk to outside of school makes him feel awkward and self conscious. One or two people were fine, but seven or ten? Hell no!

                “No, not exactly,” Donghae muttered.

                “Then why were you ignoring them?” He could tell Hyukjae was getting impatient. “I already told you that you’re coming.”

                “Now you’re just forcing me.”

                “So? As a friend, I actually want to get to know you better, and the others feel the same way. What’s so wrong about hanging out with the guys?”

                Donghae stayed quiet. What exactly was so wrong about that? It’s not like they were going to the club or something. Maybe he should just go.

                “You know what, don't even answer that, and open the door.”

                “Why?”

                “Because I’m here, you better be ready or else I’m kicking your !”

                To be honest, Donghae has been ready for the past hour. Even though he didn’t want to go, he just insensibly got dressed to go out.

                He sighed as he heard the other end click and put his phone in his pocket. He got up and walked toward the front door, but his steps slowed as he got nearer. Each step seemed to become softer and more careful as he walked to the door. It’s almost as if he can feel Hyukjae’s angry presence outside.

                Oh man, I think today’s the day I really die, Donghae thought, gulping. He opened the door and almost immediately was taken by a pair of arms as the door shut behind him. He looked up to see a fuming Hyukjae pulling him by the wrist and Donghae gulped.

                He didn’t say anything. He just followed him without hesitation as they walked a few blocks away from his house. Hyukjae didn’t even turn around once to look at him when he let go of his wrist; and that made Donghae a little sad.

                “Uh, Hyukjae?” No answer. Donghae frowned a bit and talked a little louder. “Hyukjae?” This time a grunt was heard. Yup, he was pissed.

                “I’m really, really sorry! I didn’t mean to ignore your calls!”

                A grunt was heard again and Donghae sighed a bit. Well, he should have known that wouldn’t work. He pouted a bit as he followed behind Hyukjae silently and it continued on like that until Donghae could feel all eyes on him as they entered a busy street in Seoul.

                He was still not used to all this attention and drooling, he was practically a wallflower back in Mokpo. Hyukjae could sense the eyes too, but since he was always hanging out with the others, he was familiar with it all. About fifteen good looking guys walking around Seoul and dressed up as models was a sight that could not be foreseen. 

                “Hyukjae, Donghae, over here!”

                The others were waving to them and the two fishes only nodded to them as they approached. Heechul raised an eyebrow as they came nearer. “Yah, what’s with this awkward atmosphere? Did something happen between you two?”

                Hyukjae glanced at Donghae in the corner of his eyes and shook his head. “No, why? Do we look awkward?”

                Ryeowook shook his head this time. “Not at all, but it just looks as if Donghae is scared of you.”

                That’s when everyone’s attention went to Donghae and their mouths were agape. “Whoa, whoa wait, are you sure this is Donghae, Hyukjae?”

                The Donghae who always wore a crisp, button down shirt with a sweat vest over it was wearing what any normal teenage boy would wear; a simple tee and jeans. And instead of the old fashioned oxford shoes, he was actually wearing sneakers.

                “Wow, you really upgraded Donghae, what happened to your old clothes?” Heechul stated, looking at him up and down.

                Hyukjae rolled his eyes and laughed a bit, letting his anger go for a moment. “Don't go jumping into conclusions hyung; those were the clothes I gave Donghae after that time in the restaurant.”

                “Oh, you mean the one where you accidentally spilled water on him and the girls in the shop were ogling him?” asked Ryeowook. Hyukjae nodded and sighed.

                “If anything, I don't think he actually has clothes like these in his wardrobe.” He looked at Donghae and Donghae pinked a bit to show that he was right. “This is why I dragged him along.”

                Everyone looked at Hyukjae curiously and Donghae cocked his head to the side. Hyukjae then smiled enthusiastically and looked to everyone, his eyes landing on Donghae. “I need you guys to help me make Donghae a regular teenage boy!”

                “EH?!?!?!”

                Donghae looked at him with his eye sockets popping out. Was this really his motive the whole time? But looking at Hyukjae now, Donghae could feel that his anger was still there, but not as much as before. He sighed.

                Maybe I should give it a try? Changes are good . . .

 


{Author's Note}

Well I have chapter six up! Sorry if there wasn't much humor, or if it seems sloppy and disorganized, but please forgive me! I'm really sleep deprived since I would spend hours in the night trying to finish all my homework and study for tests and quizzes for my classes! Plus, there's the fact that my school sent out progress reports and my mom is really mad about what she saw _ _l|l I'm usually a good student, but I seemed to have been lazy the second and third semesters so I really have to try my best! On the side note, I may not be able to update as much as I planned to since my grades are falling behind >.< So sorry! But I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Chapter seven may be up this week or next week (I hope) so please be patient! Thanks for reading~ ^^