Super Jun-UH OH

Our Crazy Life and Work

It was the second day of work, and the girls made sure to wake up earlier than the day before just to make sure that everything they need is ready. They made their breakfast, so they can have enough energy to work. “Ughh… please, just please, for once today. I just want to start work happy and end work happy as well.” Cathy murmured.

“Hey Crazy Girl, what are you grumbling about?” Marie gave her a curious look while Cathy frowned at herself.

“Just praying for the four 'devil boys' to let me work in peace. Seriously, I just want them to be happy with me. They’re always annoyed by me and I haven’t even done anything to them. Yesterday, was clearly awkward; I don’t need for it to be again.”

Marie rolled her eyes and chuckled. “’Four devil boys, really? Cat, maybe they’re just testing you to see how much patience you have. We’ve gone through that before, remember? They’re just playing you." She finished with a chuckle.

Cathy turned serious, “I’m glad you find my work amusing. It’ll be my turn to laugh when you come arguing about Super Junior." She said in a challenging tone. Marie’s jaw dropped and a grin appeared on her face. “I’m sorry, but did you just dare me?”

Cathy laughed, “Tell you what… if you don’t come with any arguments about Super Junior tonight, then I’ll pay for a week dinner. But you can’t lie, I will ask you questions and you will have to complement on each of them."

“Challenge accepted! Piece of cake!” Marie got up to leave but Cathy called her back.”Just a second Marie…” When Marie turned around Cathy had a smirk on her lips “Just so you know, I know when you’re lying."

“Don’t worry Cat, you know I never lie. This is a bet that I would proudly take. If I survived the trauma back on the states with Adam, Super Junior will not intimidate me. Trust me, I’ll learn to handle them”

“Well then let’s make it better… earn the trust of all the Super Junior members. If you succeed, you will win a trip to anyplace you want to go in the world. I’ll even pay. I’ll give you three months to succeed.”

“Even better! Now that is a bet!”

Cathy gave her a bitterly chuckle, “Are you serious?! My co-worker said that the last assistant Super Junior had left because of Kangin’s cold hearted stares. And that’s not mentioning about ‘Evil Maknae'. You’re crazy!”

“I’ve never heard anyone dying about cold stares, and if it’s true about that last assistant they had, then it’s because she was weak and couldn’t handle pressure. Although, I hope she’s alright. And oh my gosh, really? Cho Kyuhyun is the least of my worries. I know he has a reputation of being a troller, but I am not letting my guard down because of that.”

“Then suit yourself Marie. It’s settled, three months girl, three months. Good luck trying to make a change of heart from them, ha-ha, especially ‘Evil Maknae’."

Marie rolled her eyes and answered, “Thanks, good luck with your ‘Four Evil Boys’ too. You’ll need it”. They shook their hands, got up and left for work.

 

Walking down the long hallway of the building, Marie heard someone calling her from behind. She turned around and waved hello to the duo. “Hey guys! How are you?”

“We’re great? How about you?” Onew answered.

“A little nervous, but I think I can survive."

“So, you’re going to Super Junior now?” Taemin asked. She nodded as he turned away with a sad frown. “Is everything alright Taemin?”

“Well, be careful with them. You seem cool and fun, and uhh… I, I mean we wouldn’t like to lose you.” His cheeks turned red and he tried to cover it by looking away. Marie softened and flashed a smile at him.”Thank you, Taemin. Well I have to go guys. I’ll see you around." She waved and left.

“’I wouldn’t like to lose you’." Onew imitated Taemin.

“I said we."

“But you were going to say ‘I’ first."

“Shikereo!” Taemin shouted making Onew laugh at the Maknae.

 

Marie reached the practice room of Super Junior. As she sighed outside the door, she could hear music on. *Oh thank god! They’re practicing. Good! Less awkwardness* When she opened the door, she expected to see them dancing, but for her surprise, they were just chatting. She saw Sungmin and Ryeowook sitting on the floor, Kanging, Shingdong and Siwon talking on a corner of the room while Yesung and Leeteuk were talking on the other. The boys noticed her come in, so they stood from where they were and started walking towards her. *Damn it! Why isn’t there anyone else to report to whenever I meet a band?* slowly she took a breath and bowed. “Anyeonghaseyeo, nan Marie ibnida." She gave them a nervous smile while she extended her hand to the leader. Leeteuk shook her hand and talked, “So you’re new assistant. WELCOME! I’m Leeteuk. You know, is the first time we have someone who doesn’t speak Korean."

“Yeah I’m sorry, but I practice every day. And also I’ve been improving in the language.”

“I hope you know our names. I am not repeating it again."  Kangin said with an attitude and an annoyed face. Because Marie hates when people gives her attitude for no reason, she replied to him. “Yes Kanging-shi, I do know your names. But that doesn’t mean you have to be disrespectful towards someone whom you just met. Especially if she hasn’t done anything for you to be angry. So I’ll appreciate fewer attitudes and more team work. Can we agree on that?”

“Who are you to talk to me like that?”

“Your assistant! The person who will help you feel comfortable everyday, which will get you anything you want even if is far and the person whom SM director hired to help you in your career.”

“Well if you’re getting me anything I want, then I want you to get a plane ticket for you to leave.”

“Well that’s going to be hard because if I have to get a plane ticket to leave Korea I need to get money, and to get money I need to work for it. And guess what? This is my work.”

Kanging shut up and turned away. The boys were surprised by her act. It was the first time they had an assistant who answered a member like that. Marie looked at them and manages to give them a smile. “Since ill be working with you for a while, I’ll make everything I can to please you on my job. Like I said to Kanging, I am here for you. You ever need anything just let me know.” She turned to the schedule she had on her hands and turned back at the boys. “it says here that Super Junior is scheduled to practice until 3:00pm. How come I see three missing?” No one answered. Instead, they turned away and started to stretch. She looked around just to make sure she counted right. She was. Donghae, Eunhyuk and Kyuhyun weren’t here. Marie took a deep breath and turned to go sit on a chair, when suddenly she felt a poke on her arm. She turned around and saw that Sungmin wanted to say something to her. “Is everything alright Sungmin-shi?”

“ummm… it was very brave what you did with Kanging hyung. But for your own safety…”

“Let me guess…’Don”t do it again’."

“With Kyuhyun.”

She raised an eyebrow, “what do you mean?”

“Kyu can be… well let’s just say that what you heard about ‘Evil Maknae’ is no joke. Kanging wouldn’t do anything to you if you talked like you did, but Kyuhyun would. If you get on his nerves, he won’t stop until you’re gone… just be careful arraso?”

Marie nodded and smiled, “arraso, thank you Sungmin-shi. I’ll keep that in mind." He nodded and left to stretch with the rest. *great! This bet doesn’t get easy, does it?* Marie sighed internally. Suddenly, the door flew opened and the three missing boys appeared. “Practice started 15 minutes ago. Where were you?” Marie asked them a bit angry by their lateness.  

The three of them stared at her and then turned to the leader, speaking Korean “Who is she?” Eunhyuk asked.

“Is she the new assistant? Why is she mad at us?” Donghae asked. Leeteuk stepped forward and in English he answered, “Yes, she is the new assistant, she is mad because you were late as usual. Guys listen up, since Marie-ah here can’t speak Korean we will talk English with her…”

Marie interrupted him politely, “With all due respect, just because I don’t talk Korean doesn’t mean I can’t understand. I want all of you to be yourself around me, no matter how you speak. Don’t worry I’ll understand.”

“What kind of person hires someone to work with us who doesn’t speak Korean? How are we supposed to communicate if she doesn’t know what we mean?” Kyuhyun said with an attitude, ignoring what Marie just said. He thought she wouldn’t understand, but lucky for her she just learned enough to defend herself in the language.

She turned to Kyuhyun and replied, “I don’t know Kyuhyun, and maybe they were a bit tired of losing assistants that they hired someone who will have the patience enough for the ‘obstacle’ that was making them leave.” He gave her a cold stare and a grin appeared in her lips. “Like I said just because I can’t speak the language, it doesn’t mean I can’t understand it.” *Let the games begin Maknae* she thought internally as she turned around to continue her work.

*Play fire with fire, well let’s see who gets burned first* Kyuhyun thought as he began to stretch. The rest of the boys were surprised by the way the maknae and their new assistant were responding toeach other. Even Kanging was shocked. They walked to the center of the room and began practicing.

Once practice was over, Marie told the boys their schedule for the rest of the week. They all nodded (well at least most of them) and they began to leave.

“Hey Marie-ah” Sungmin called after the rest of the members left the room. She turned around and gave him a sorry smile. “I know what you’re going to say, ‘I told you not to fight back at Kyuhyun, now he’s on to you’. I’m sorry.”

“Wow, you know me so well."

Marie laughed while Sungmin smiled. “Hey, you seem cool. Definitely not like the others assistants we’ve had, I like you! So I’ll help you with Kyuhyun. He won’t get rid of you that easy"

“He won’t get rid of me at all. I’m not letting him.” He smiled at her and nodded. “Well, I’ll see you tomorrow then. Anyeong.”

“Anyeong." She waved goodbye and stayed in the practice room to finish her work.

 

 

( Hey guys!! thanks again for reading. please dont forget to comment and subscribe. thanks again)