I can't leave but I have to...

To Remember

 

Wooyoung’s POV

I chewed my rice and couldn’t stop thinking about Ji-eun. After the result day I haven’t seen her, she didn’t reply my text, didn’t pick my phone up, and also didn’t open the door for me when I came over to her house. Is she sick? Mad at me? Or sad because I gonna leave seoul?

The chopstick fell down from my hand onto the floor, I picked them up and used them again to continue my dinner.

“Such a sloppy boy…”  Umma ruined my reverie made me notice she sat in front of me since I start ate dinner. “Can you just focus to dinner wooyoung-ah?”

I sighed and putted down my chopstick next to my bowl. “Umma, are you happy I got that scholarship?? Are you not sad I will leave seoul and it will take time sooooo long…?” I asked with mouth full of rice.

“Of course, I’m happy Jang Wooyoung. I was remember about you, I got called by your teachers, caused you always fell asleep during classes. And I still can’t believe it, you got that scholarship… chukanda~” Umma poked my nose. Her and Ji-eun ones who brave to poke my nose with my expression right now. I don’t have a smile for tonight so I used flat expression.

“Neh, thank you.” I continued my eat and got choke.

I coughed several times, she reached out her hands with a glass of water. “Here, your water..” I grabbed it and drank the water rapidly. “Slow down… Wooyoung.”

“What’s happening?” Asked Umma suddenly after I putted my glass on the table and as I controlled my breath. “…Jang Wooyoung, umma have to ask you about this. Are you gonna take this opportunity? Are you gonna leave to America? Are you sure with yourself about this?” I stopped, her questions made me think more.

I can’t go. Honestly. There is not my place. But, I saw her expression a week ago when I told her about the REAL result of my test. She cried of joy. I was never see her with that so many tears. I thought she was take a bath with tears that day.

But another side… Ji-eun. She need me too, to stay here, with her. Leave her and take time more than a week…. I couldn’t imagine. Who will wiped that maudlin’s tears away? Who will cheer her up? Who will take care of her?..... and who will cheer me up at there? Who will take care of me? Who will ask me to smile? Who will nagging at me?

 I need her, as well.

I lifted my chin to look at to umma’s face, her expression very kind, I’m so lucky to have this woman by my side all the time. “I will take this opportunity, umma.”