It's not your fault

To Remember

 

 

 

You opened my palm and wrote something with your hand
You wrote shyly that you love me, I remember you in those days
When I said to go inside, you hugged me without saying anything
You said it was a relief that you met me, I remember you in those days

You and me in those days, when I turn back I get tears
You cannot catch the memories and that’s why people say they are that ‘beautiful’

I didn’t have enough but my heart was always enough
The world was swelling up when I had you, I miss myself in those days

You and me in those days, when I turn back I get tears
You cannot catch the memories and that’s why people say they are that more ‘beautiful’

The miracle that was only once in my life, there will be no second chance
So even if you forget me, I will remember all of you

The times there were nothing to throw away

Yes those days that you and I loved crazy
With you, with myself living beside you, the times were shining
Though we cannot go back to the time I first met you
I thank you for engraving dazzling memories and warm heart like this

 

 

 

“Are you sure you want me to do that?” Tiffany asking to Wooyoung while lowing her chin but her gaze still glued on Wooyoung unreadable eyes.

He only nodding not respond it with any word because he’s also not sure with what he instructed to Tiffany. He wants to relive again the memories. The beautiful memories that Wooyoung had with Jieun few years ago. He want to be ‘someone’ not none for her.

“You have to take care of her, Tiff… I’ll be there when I finished my work. Sorry for bothering you with this.” Said Wooyoung while patting the top of her hair like usual he did to her. “I will ask Nichkhun-sshi to go with you if you want to…”

“YES PLEASE!” She said while smiling brighter as Nichkhun come up to the topic again, she madly fall in love with this Foreigner doctor. Wooyoung was chuckling and nodding to her.

“It will be the last time.” He said to Tiff made her turning to him with unbelievable expression. “I’ll stop here and wouldn’t force her again.”

“B-but Wooyoung… You can’t give up easily like this. We need to try some more… I will help you.” Tiffany putting her palms on Wooyoung cheeks and staring at his eyes to make him looking at her back.

“I don’t give up, I will never give up for her… but until when I will make her suffer with her bad memory, she can’t remember me… I’m not give up I just want her to be happy.”

 But still he want it to stop, stop to forcing her. “Wooyoung-ah…” Tiffany looked pity to him as he smiled at her but as it goes widen it looks more fake.

“After it stop. Help me to looking for Seulong-ssi. She can’t be alone at here. She couldn’t even take care of herself.”

“I will do everything to help you, my best friend.” Tiff just smiling at him tried to replied that forced smile of him.

******

 

Tiffany bought two of ice cream cone and handing it Jieun who waiting her in front the ice cream parlour. She just doing what Wooyoung asked to her, bring Jieun to some place.

“Thank you.” She smiled slightly to Tiffany as she took the ice cream from her hand and start it. She’s smiling even wider as she tasting the ice cream vanilla on her hand before it melting to her edge lips.

“Since when is the last time you taste ice cream?” Tiffany just want to try breaking the silence between them.

Jieun is just still silence thinking about the last time she tasted ice cream, the same taste, the same place, the same air. She’s blinking and over the ice cream again. “I’m not sure… Seulong oppa always didn’t let me to taste it.”

When Seulong topic came up again, Tiffany stop and looking at the girl who looked pale next to her. She’s wondering why Seulong didn’t even let this innocent girl to taste ice cream.

“It’s make me happy.” Jieun blurt out the words without looking back to Tiffany who still frowning. “Taste the ice cream, walking at this side street, feels the air.” Jieun tilting her head while keep on the ice cream side. “but also it makes me sad… Because I don’t know why I feel so happy, what the reason behind it…” She sighed and linking her arm to Tiffany, swinging their steps together.

“Don’t hold it back Jieun… just be happy when you’re feeling happy, crying when you feel sad. That’s what should’ve you’re doing… and loving when you’re in love.” Tiffany said and stoping her step in front of the window glasses of the jewelery store.

 It’s good those places still there. The set of stores still same from a few years ago. They both just staring at the necklace on the display inside the window glasses.

“Did he the one who bought me that necklace?” Jieun asking to Tiffany with flat tone still sticking her eyes scanning on the necklace on the display, she pull out the necklace from her coat, showing the same necklace from the display, Tiffany eyes keep staring at the same necklace from Jieun’s neck to the display.

She doesn’t know about this. About the necklace, Tiffany has no idea what necklace it is. Wooyoung just asked her to take Jieun for a walk at the route that he already choose trying to make her remember about everything that she’s been through before. “Oh you have one too!” Tiffany pointing at her neck.

“psh.. babo.” Jieun mumbling while smiling herself while thinking why Wooyoung did it.

 

******

Amusement Park.

It’s almost late but the amusement park haven’t close yet. It’s lucky that Tiffany and Jieun arrived there earlier. Tiffany couldn’t help but smiling everytime she passed the road in front of the amusement park. That place was the first time Tiffany met Wooyoung, her bestfriend. He looked so pale after he rode roller coaster and she was offering him a bottle of orange juice instead of water. She walking fast to the bench where they meet before.

Jieun just following her from behind and looking around the lamp who lighting the amusement park become prettier with some rides lights too. After amazed by the view of the beautiful lights she then realized, she wasn’t alone going there, there’s also Tiffany.

“Tiffany…” She turned her gaze back to the bench and found none there.

The lights turning off suddenly and made her hugging herself because of fear, she didn’t move from where she stand up, she’s about to cry until when she found only one lamp turn on from near the ferriswheel. Jieun unsurely take steps closer to the that place. Around seems quieter people not again walking around after the amusement closed.

A projector turning on showing the picture of their high school, the old tree where they used to spent their time together while had break class time to have, the picture they bought ice cream together, the picture of the poster that Jieun throw at the teacher office room, and all memories about them.

Jieun is tearing up as the video record of their giggled each other.

Video stopped when suddenly a guy who has pouting expression appeared from behind the screen, bringing the stuff that he want to share to her.

“It’s more than a thousand letters which I really wanted to send to you while I was still in America.” He opened a big carton box which filled with handwritten letters. “While I didn’t have idea what actually was going on in here. I kept trying to send it like a stupid useless guy.” He lowered his chin looking down then sighed.

Her tears keep flowing from her eyes, looking at Wooyoung talking pace more slow than before.

“Mianhae Jieun… I didn’t know what you had been through here, I’m really sorry…” How he didn’t dare to lifting up his chin Jieun sure know how messy his face because of tears right now. “I’m sorry…”

“Stop saying sorry, Woodongie… It's not your fault... You never tried to run away when you found out how messy my life right now” It’s first time Wooyoung heard Jieun calling him with Woodongie while she totally realized what she was saying to him. It's makes his heart about to burst out from his chest. 

"Do you remember me?"