02

Expect the Unexpected.

"Thank you" Suzy said as she received her lunch from the lunch lady.

It was finally lunch time and Suzy was starving. 

She looked around the cafeteria and found an empty table. She made her way to the table and sat down with her tray.

She started eating her lunch.

"Hey! I heard you're new here! My name is Zelo!" a guy with blond hair said as he sat down right across of Suzy.

"Hi." Suzy said coldly.

"I'm a sophomore! Should I call you nuna?" Zelo asked with a pout.

"Whatever." Suzy replied.

Zelo smiled.

"Have you met Yong Guk sunbae yet??" he asked.

"No." Suzy replied.

"Oh.. Well, he's really cool! You should meet him! He's actually my hyung." Zelo said with a huge smile.

"Okay." Suzy said.

"Nuna... Why don't you talk more? I'm so bored..." Zelo said with a sad face.

"I don't even know you, kid." Suzy said.

"You know my name! And you know that Yong guk hyung is my brother! What else do you wanna know about me?" He asked with a smile.

"Nothing." Suzy answered.

"Nuna! Do you wanna go to the rooftop with me?? It's really pretty up there!" Zelo asked.

"No." Suzy answered.

"Come on!!! You won't regret it!" Zelo yelled.

Suzy sighed and rolled her eyes. 

"Can you stop bothering me?" She asked with a glare.

"Nuna~" Zelo whined cutely.

Suzy shook her head in pity and went back to eating her lunch.

"That's it. I'm taking you there!" Zelo shouted.

He got up and took Suzy by her hand and started dragging her to the rooftop.

"What the hell, kid?! I'm not even done with my freaking lunch!" Suzy yelled.

"Nuna! Don't worry! I'll buy you a snack after school!" Zelo said.

"Oh my god.... You're so annoying..." Suzy whispered.

After she was dragged by Zelo for about 5 minutes, they finally arrived to the rooftop.

**Suzy's POV**

It was actually pretty nice up here. But I still wanted to finishmy lunch... This kid Zelo was mad annoying...

"Isn't it pretty??" Zelo asked.

I ignored him. I just looked at the perfect view of Seoul that was right in front of me. This rooftop was not just an ordinary rooftop. The view up here was amazing. 

We both just stared at the view.

"You know, nuna... I'm sick..." Zelo began to say.

"Then you should go back in. I don't want your sickness to get on me." I said.

Zelo smiled while looking down at his shoes.

"I meant... I have leukemia..." He whispered loud enough so I can hear.

Now I felt like crap... I shouldn't have said that... 

I looked at him and suddenly felt like... I had to take care of him..

"Why are you telling me this.." I asked gently.

"Cause... I have no one else to talk to about it... hyung already knows about it and hates when I bring it up... And I have no friends in this school... All they do is bully me because both my parents died. So, I just wanted to let my feelings out to someone so I can feel better..." He explained.

"Hey, kid... You don't have to worry about not being able to find friends... Even if you want to find a friend, it'll be hard. You'll have to find the perfect one that you can trust with your whole life.. If you find the wrong friend and trust them too easily, you'll end up having nothing and no one left by your side... These are words from experience." I said.

"Wow... Thanks, nuna. I really needed encouragement from someone... Thank you so much..." Zelo said with a teardrop falling down his cheek.

I made a small smile and patted his head softly.

"You just have to stay strong, kid." I whispered.

He started crying and he went into my arms. He was hugging me like I was his mother. I was kind of shocked when he first hugged me but I couldn't help but to hug him back. He was so fragile. He seemed hurt. I just wanted to protect him. This was the first time I had someone like this. This was the first time I ever had this feeling. 

----------------------------------------------------------

School finally ended and I was walking home.

"Yah! Zelo! Where's the money we told you to bring? Huh?! Oh yeah... Right... He doesn't have any parents to ask for allowance to!" I heard a guy say.

Zelo??? I looked to my right and saw a bunch of kids surrounded.

Those are probably the kids that bullied Zelo.

I walked to them.

"Hey. Kids. What are you guys doing?" I asked gently.

"oh, hey. What's your name?" the guy asked with a wink.

"Nu-nuna..!" Zelo shouted.

My heart was about to break when I saw his face.

He had bruises and some blood around his lips. These kids were little devils.

"Zelo yah..." I whispered.

"You know this guy? Well... He's not a nice guy! Stop being his nuna! All he does is pretend he's sad and always lies!" the guy yelled.

"Do you have a girlfriend?" I asked calmly.

"No... Why? You wanna be my girlfriend?" he asked with a smile.

I smirked.

"This is why kids like you don't have a girlfriend. All you do is bully kids and steal their money and beat them up... Do you call that a life? Cause I definitely don't see anything fun about that. You kids are ing up the society and the generation. Get your acts straight and try getting a life." I said with a glare.

"Hey. We're sophomores, not kindergarteners. Stop calling us kid. And we do have a life! I mean, what the hell will studying help us with in life?!" He yelled back at me.

I scoffed and rolled my eyes.

"Then, I hope you have fun living as a hobo in the future." I said.

"What the ?!" The kid yelled.

"I don't think that's appropriate language that you should be using to someone older than you." A low voice suddenly said.

We all looked at the person and the kids panicked a bit.

"...." the kid muttered under his breath.

"Hyung!!!" Zelo shouted.

"Guys! Lets get out of here.." the kid said and left with his friends.

"Yah. Zelo. What did I tell you? I told you to come to me right after your last class and walk home with me!" The guy with the low voice scolded.

"Sorry, hyung... The guys just dragged me out here..." Zelo said quietly.

"Look at your face! Are you some kind of piñata to them?!" the older one yelled and took a better look at Zelo's face.

"I'm fine, hyung... Oh, yeah! Did you meet Suzy nuna yet??!" Zelo yelled with a huge smile.

The older guy looked at me and gave me a small wave.

"I think I saw you in my class. You're the new student, right?" He asked with a cold face.

Then, I remembered him! He was the guy that was brooming the classroom floor during AM home room! 

"Oh yeah... I saw you, too." I said coldly.

"I'm Bang Yong Guk." He said.

"I'm Suzy Bae." I also said.

"Suzy nuna helped me today! If it wasn't for her, I would've practically been dead!" Zelo shouted.

"Thanks for saving him." Yong guk said.

"Mhm.. I'm gonna be going now." I said.

"Wait! Nuna! I promised that I would buy you a snack after school! Remember??" Zelo asked.

"Not today. It's getting late, kid. And I'll buy it for you if we do get to get a snack." I suggested.

"Really?? Okay, then!" Zelo said.

"Then I'll see you tomorrow." I said with a soft smile and waved.

"Bye, nuna!!!" Zelo shouted.

"See you tomorrow." Yong guk said.

"you too." I said.

I started walking home and thought about Zelo and Yong Guk.

Zelo was starting to become one of those dongsengs that I really want to take care of. It's been a long time since I smiled at someone sincerely. Zelo needed a lot of protection by a lot of people. And I wanted to become of those people that kept him protected.

Bang Yong Guk... He seems mysterious... Totally different from Zelo.. I kinda like mysterious. But he seemed like a really caring person when it comes to protecting his little brother. It was really nice to see.

Maybe I should get closer with them... Nah... I should just keep studying.. But... Maybe I should... It won't hurt to make just 2 friends, would it?