04

Expect the Unexpected.

 

I went back to class after lunch and blanked out into space. Its probably gonna be super awkward for me and Yong Guk... aghh... 
 
"Hey, Suzy..." Junhyung mumbled as he sat down.
 
I just looked at him blankly and opened up my book and started to read.
 
Might as well just read to get everything off my mind...
 
"Hara broke up with me....." Junhyung whispered.
 
I looked up from my book and looked at him.
 
He smiled sadly.
 
"I knew it was just too good to be true..." He said.
 
"She said she wanted to go out with other guys." He said.
 
At this point, I wanted to smack the living crap out of this girl. Even though I don't like Junhyung, breaking up with someone for a dumb reason like that was just wrong.
 
"So you should meet other girls too." I said with a straight face.
 
He looked at me.
 
"What do you mean?" He asked.
 
"Do the same thing she's doing." I answered coldly.
 
"I can't. She made such a huge impact in my life... I can't let her go now. I.. love her." He whispered.
 
I scoffed and started reading my book again.
 
"Will you help me get over this?" He asked gently.
 
"Why me..?" I asked.
 
"I don't want any of my other friends to know that I'm hurting.." He answered.
 
I didn't say anything for a while.
 
I didn't want to help him. We don't even know each other that well. I don't even know his last name. 
 
"Please... I really think this is gonna take a long time to heal..." He begged.
 
"No." I answered with a straight face and went back to reading.
 
"Suzy yah... Please? Pretty please?? I really need your help." He asked.
 
"Why would I help you when we barely even know each other?" I asked coldly.
 
"Well.. Maybe we can get to know each other better as you help me." He suggested.
 
"No. I don't like making new friends. Especially with people who are desperate." I said.
 
"Bae Suzy! I'm not being desperate right now! So just please! Please just help me!" Junhyung shouted.
 
"Look, I hate getting into business that has nothing to do with me. So, I'd rather just stay out of it." I said back and read my book again.
 
"This isn't your business, I know. But can't you help a friend out?" He asked.
 
"Friend? It hasn't even been a week since we've known each other. I don't consider that a friend. I don't even know your full name." I said.
 
"Yong Junhyung. There. That's my full name. That's a start, right?" He asked with a slight smile.
 
I sighed and walked out of the classroom. I can't even read a book in the classroom cause of Junhyung...
 
While I was walking to the girls' bathroom, I bumped into someone.
 
I looked up and saw Yong Guk.
 
........ 
 
**Yong Guk's POV**
 
Damn, what is wrong with Zelo? That little rascal...
 
After a few minutes of raging on the roof, I went back inside.
 
If only Zelo and Suzy didn't meet, I wouldn't have felt like this. I hate having this feeling. 
 
Its like my heart is beating so fast and my breathing was out of control and...
 
I bumped into someone while thinking so hard.
 
I looked at the person and it was Suzy. Wow... perfect timing, eh? 
 
"Oh... s-sorry...." I stuttered.
 
oh my god, I stuttered. What the hell? Why am I stuttering? Gahhhhhh. So annoying.
 
"Oh... It's alright.." She said and chuckled nervously.
 
I scratched the back of my head and glanced at her.
 
Honestly, she's beautiful. She's just gorgeous. How can anyone not fall for her...
 
"I guess... I'll see you in class, then...." Suzy said.
 
"Yeah...." I said back.
 
I took a step to the right and she took a step to the left. We bumped into each other again.
 
Dang it... 
 
"Oh. Sorry, again..." I whispered.
 
"No, no. It's alright.." She said.
 
I took a step to the left and she took a step to the right. We bumped into each other AGAIN.
 
What the hell was wrong with me... 
 
We both looked at each other and started cracking up. 
 
"Stop copying me!!" Suzy said as she was dying of laughter.
 
"I'm not the one copying you! You should stop copying me!" I yelled back while laughing like crazy.
 
Suzy pushed my chest playfully and kept laughing.
 
Oh, man.. Here comes that feeling again.. My heart was beating uncontrollably.
 
"Hey!" Someone suddenly said.
 
We both stopped laughing and saw Goo Hara standing right next to us.
 
That feeling disappeared in a blink of an eye.
 
"Hey...." Me and suzy said after we calmed down a bit.
 
"What are you guys laughing at?" She asked with an eyebrow raised.
 
"Nothing.. You don't have to know.." I said and smiled while me and Suzy made eye contact.
 
Hara smirked and glared at Suzy.
 
Aghh... What does Hara want from me now...
 
"Yong Guk-ah~ Can I talk to you for a sec?" Hara asked me.
 
"No." I answered straightly.
 
"Come on. It'll just take one second." She said.
 
"No." I said again and left.
 
I walked slowly and looked back.
 
"Bae Suzy! Aren't you coming? We're gonna be late for home room." I said.
 
She looked back and smiled.
 
"Yeah." She said calmly and walked with me to home room.
 
That feeling returned... I looked at her and observed her.
 
Perfect milky white skin... Perfect pink lips... Perfect crescent moon shaped eyes... Perfect black wavy hair... She was just perfect...
 
---------------------------------------------
 
School ended and I was waiting for Zelo to come out of his last period class room with Suzy.
 
She said she had to see Zelo leave the classroom safely so she can feel at ease.
 
I love how caring she was with Zelo. Zelo never had a nuna in his life. 
 
"So, who do you live with at home?" She asked me.
 
"Just Zelo. I have a part time job to earn more money and my aunt from New York sends us money monthly." I answered.
 
"Oh... What about your parents? Are they in New York as well?" She asked carefully.
 
"They're gone. Since a long time ago.." I said and looked to the ground.
 
"I'm... so sorry I brought it up..." Suzy whispered.
 
I glanced at her and saw her hitting her head with a 'Whats wrong with me' expression.
 
I chuckled at her cuteness.
 
"It's alright! It's alright!" I said laughing.
 
She looked at me kinda guilty and smiled.
 
"Hyung! Suzy nuna!" Zelo shouted as he came out.
 
"Yah! Zelo!" I yelled.
 
"Why, hyung? You sound so angry..." Zelo said quietly and chuckled nervously.
 
"Why did you leave during lunch?!" I shouted.
 
"I told you!  My teacher needed me!" He explained.
 
"Yeah?? Which teacher? For which subject and why??" I asked.
 
"Ah, hyung! Come on... You don't have to know every single little detail..." Zelo said.
 
"Aish... Anyway, I'm gonna wait for you outside your last period class everyday so you don't get into any business with those little retards, okay?" I said.
 
"Me too, Zelo! I'm gonna be waiting for you, too." Suzy said.
 
"Yay!!! I feel so special!" Zelo yelled.
 
I smiled slightly.
 
"Now lets go." I said and started walking.
 
"Nuna! Did hyung put the medicine on you correctly?" Zelo asked a he looked at Suzy's bandaged cut.
 
"I did it fine!" I yelled.
 
Suzy smiled.
 
"Yeah. He did it fine. Don't worry." She answered.
 
"Make sure you don't get hurt anymore, okay nuna?!" Zelo asked violently.
 
She chuckled nervously.
 
"No promises... I'm... a pretty big clutz..." She said chuckling.
 
"Just be careful, alright?" Zelo asked.
 
Suzy nodded gently.
 
"Well, I'm gonna go now. My house is this way." Suzy announced and pointed to the left.
 
"Oh, really?" Zelo asked with a pout.
 
"Do you want us to walk you home?" I made courage and asked.
 
"No.. It's alright. It's not that far anyway." She answered.
 
"No!!! Let us walk you home!! Please?" Zelo asked.
 
"It's really fine.. I'm going now! I'll see you tomorrow!" She said and waved to both of us.
 
"Wait! Nuna!!" Zelo shouted. But Suzy was running home.
 
Zelo sighed.
 
"I wish we could've walked her home..." Zelo mumbled.
 
I patted his shoulder and started walking home together.
 
When we got home, I cooked ramen and we both ate. I love when I don't have to go to my part time job.. It's so relaxing...
 
When it was time to sleep, I the lamp by our my bed and looked across the room to Zelo.
 
"Zelo yah..." I started to say.
 
"Yes, hyung?" He asked while massaging his face with lotion.
 
"Do you like Suzy?" I asked.
 
"Of course I like her!! She's my one and only favorite nuna!" He answered with a bright smile.
 
"No, I mean... Do you like her.. as a girl??" I asked.
 
"I wish I can... But remember mommy told me not to like older girls??" Zelo said and sighed.
 
I chuckled.
 
"Would you like her if you were her age?" I asked.
 
"OF COURSE! What's not to like about her?!" Zelo shouted.
 
"Yo! Shut up! The next door neighbors are gonna complain again!" I whispered loudly and shushed him.
 
Zelo covered his mouth quickly.
 
"Sorry..." He whispered.
 
I shook my head.
 
"But why are you asking me that?" Zelo asked.
 
"Just out of curiosity..." I answered.
 
"Yeah, right. You like her, don't you?!" Zelo asked with excitement.
 
"N-n-no!! No I don't!" I stuttered.
 
Agh, why do I stutter at the worst timing?!
 
Zelo started laughing.
 
"Hyung! You know that I know when you're lying or not!" Zelo said.
 
I glared at him. 
 
"Aish...." I whispered and laid down, turned off the lamp, and closed my eyes to go to sleep.
 
Do I liked her?
 
... What if I do...? 
 
No. I don't like her... I just had that feeling because its been such a long time since I had a friend that's a girl.... That's all.... That's all... 
 
Thats all.......