09

Expect the Unexpected.

The next day, Yong Guk came to school earlier to talk to Suzy.

He looked around to see if she arrived to school but there was no sign of her or Junhyung.

The late bell rung and Yong Guk checked one more time for Suzy before going inside the classroom.

He sat down on his seat and frowned.

Suzy and Junhyung are missing... This was making Yong Guk worry. 

He wasn't ready to let Suzy start dating another guy. His heart wasn't ready for any of that. 

He couldn't stop thinking about the fact that Suzy and Junhyung both weren't showing up.

------------------------------------------------------

As soon as the lunch bell rang, Junhyung showed up gasping for air. He ran in and bowed to the teacher.

"Sorry, I was late. I just had to deal with some stuff." He said out of breath.

The teacher checked his watch and looked at him.

"This is actually the first time you were late so I'm gonna let you go for today. But I don't want to see this again." The teacher said and dismissed the class and walked out.

Junhyung bowed to him once more and was still panting.

Everyone walked down to the cafeteria for lunch except for Yong Guk and Junhyung.

Yong Guk walked up to Junhyung.

"Have you seen Suzy?" He asked gently.

Junhyung glared at him and scoffed in disbelief.

"What? Now that you finally realized that Suzy's hurt, you feel bad?" Junhyung said.

Yong Guk sighed.

"Just tell me where she is." He asked.

"I just can't believe you." Junhyung whispered and headed out for the door.

"Just tell me where she is!" Yong Guk yelled.

Junhyung turned around to face him.

"She's at the hospital, you ." Junhyung said and walked out.

Yong Guk's mind went blank when he heard this. 

She was at the hospital? Yong Guk's heart felt like it just ripped into two pieces. 

"What the hell is wrong with me." Yong Guk whispered and started running out of the school building and ran as fast as he could to the hospital.

"Please stay strong, Bae Suzy. Please. I'm so sorry..." Yong Guk kept whispering to himself while running.

When he arrived to the hospital, he ran to the front desk.

"I would like to know which room Bae Suzy is at?" Yong Guk asked the nurse.

The nurse checked her clipboard and ran her finger down the list.

"Ah! Bae Suzy. She's at room 7 on the first floor!" The nurse replied with a smile.

"Is she okay?" Yong Guk asked.

"She seemed to have fainted cause of stress and we found a lot of blood marks not only on her face but some on her body as well, so we put on some medication on her. She'll be fine but its best not to put her in any stress. Her body is weaker than you think." The nurse explained.

Yong Guk sighed and looked down.

"Thank you, nurse." He said and walked to her room.

He slowly opened the door and saw Suzy reading a book on her bed.

Suzy looked up when she heard the door open.

"Suzy yah..." Yong Guk whispered.

Suzy looked at him for a second and went back to reading her book.

He walked in the room and walked closer to her.

"Suzy yah. Are you okay?" Yong Guk asked softly.

Suzy sighed and flipped a page from her book.

"I didn't think you would come visit me." She said and kept reading.

"Im really sorry.. I should've believed you." Yong Guk whispered.

Suzy looked up from her book.

"I just can't get over the fact that you would believe that I would do such a thing to Zelo.." Suzy said.

"I know and I was being really dumb... It's just that when it comes to Zelo, I become really sensative.." Yong Guk explained.

"Me too! Zelo was the first friend I made in this school and I really care a lot about him! And you know that! Why would you think that I took away his pills?!" Suzy started tearing up.

"Listen, Suzy. When it comes to my brother, you don't know how much I treasure him. He's at the last stage of cancer and I can't do anything without him! He tells me every night not to worry but how the hell can I not worry about my little brother who's about to die?! I want to make him as happy as he can before I send him away and if anyone tries to mess with him, I just can't control myself. I'm sorry if you're disappointed in me for not believing you and I really hate myself for not believing you! But just the fact that anyone would try to play around with my brother's life just made me angry. I know it wasn't you and I'm sorry I blamed you. I really am sorry..." Yong Guk said and kneeled to the ground and put his hand on his head and started crying.

Suzy got up from her bed and rushed to Yong Guk and hugged him.

"Yong Guk ah..." She whispered.

"I really am sorry.... I really am..." He kept whispering.

"No, I'm sorry for being stubborn about it. I know how much you care for him." Suzy said with a calm voice.

Yong Guk started to feel a bit better after hearin Suzy say that.

"Zelo's a strong kid. He can make it through cancer. Nothing can bring him down. You know that he can win this." Suzy said.

Yong Guk wiped his tears and started breathing calmly.

"He can do it. Don't worry." Suzy whispered to him.

She hugged him tighter and leaned him head on his shoulder.

This was the first time Yong Guk ever showed his weak side of him to anyone.

Suzy knew how much Zelo was to Yong Guk. She now realized what "relationship" meant.

There were ups and downs to relationships with anyone. But if people go down and not even try helping each other up, that wasn't a relationship. If you really care about that person, you try your hardest to help them. Same goes for family relationships or friendships. 

After 17 years of living, she now realized that she was being loved by people around her.