Worthy

The Real Red Lotus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

23 - Worthy

 

 

 

 

 

“You’ve been looking in that mirror for about twenty times in the last fifteen minutes Kiko. That’s the only face you’ll ever have.” Dara told her best friend with a lace of sarcasm. Kiko stuck out her tongue in response. She closed her compact mirror and threw it in her bag then got out her perfume.

 

 

“Geesh, you’re acting like we’re meeting Chris Evans. We’re just meeting Choi for crying out loud.” Dara chuckled helplessly.

 

 

They were in some high end coffee shop waiting for Seung Hyun. They planned to discuss their movie project that day. Dara already gave Seung Hyun a copy of the script the day before and so they’re going to discuss the possible casts for their movie.

 

 

“I’m going to literally kick his as soon as he arrives. That jerk making us wait...” Dara looked at her phone to check the time. Seung Hyun’s already fifteen minutes late. And just right on queue; Seung Hyun slid on the couch in front of them. He took off his black cap and black mask looking so exhausted.

 

 

“Sorry I’m late. It was a bit hard to lose the tail of the sasaeng fans.” Seung Hyun whispered, looking over his shoulder.

 

 

“We have no time for your sorry excuses.” Dara snapped back with a death glare.

 

 

“Calm down Park. It’s not like I wanted to be late. In fact Jiyong insisted that we leave early, it’s just hard to get out of our company building with all the sasaeng fans following us.” Seung Hyun answered apologetically.

 

 

“Jiyong? Who gave you the right to invite him? And in fact, who allowed you to include him in this movie?” Dara hissed, leaning forward to Seung Hyun, resisting the urge to grab his collar and punch his face.

 

 

“He’s going to help out and invest in the movie. I can’t really deprive him of a part when he’s investing a hefty amount in this movie. Producing a movie is not an easy thing to do Dara. You know that.” Seung Hyun leaned on the couch, trying his best to hide the alarmed expression on his face. He stole a look at Kiko as if trying to ask for some help.

 

 

“What’s the big problem unnie? You told me many times that you’re over him. So why make a fuss out of this?” Kiko interrupted.

 

 

“When I said I’m over him, that doesn’t mean I want to work with him.” Dara glared at Kiko. It was right at that time that Jiyong finally arrived.

 

 

“I had a hard time parking the car. I had to park it a couple of blocks away.” Jiyong slid next to Seung Hyun, completely clueless of the intense awkward quiet atmosphere in the table. Seung Hyun and Kiko looked at Dara, waiting for her reaction.

 

 

Jiyong looked at Seung Hyun and Kiko and then his eyes landed on Dara, holding her gaze. And as if his gaze stung, Dara immediately looked away and cleared .

 

 

“Okay let’s get down to business.” Dara muttered in a curt voice and took a sip off her iced latte. She got out her tablet and refused to react to the growing tension between them.

 

 

“Let’s talk about the cast. The male lead Youngdo…I had Kim Woobin in mind when I wrote the story. He just fits the rebel wounded soul. I think he can pull off the suicidal act easily.” Dara declared.

 

 

“Well, we’ll have to see if he’s available. Do you have any second choice?” Seung Hyun asked.

 

 

“I don’t have one. Besides, he won’t refuse. I’ll take care of it and call him.” Dara muttered.

 

 

“Wait. You know him?” They all asked in unison. Dara looked at them nonchalantly and sighed.

 

 

“What? I met him in Cannes. Long story. I don’t have time to elaborate. Let’s get to the next cast. The female lead…Eunchan…this is a tricky part…” Dara placed her tablet down on the table and crossed her arms over her chest. She pursed her lips and tapped her chin with her fingers.

 

 

“What do you think of Park Shin Hye? I mean the bubbly happy personality fits her well.” Seung Hyun suggested.

 

 

“I’m not too sure if she’ll say yes. Her choice of roles has been pretty much on the lighter characters. This one is pretty much way off her line. And I don’t know if she’s willing to shave her head for this movie.” Dara murmured in response.

 

 

“What about Yoon Eunhye? She’s pretty dedicated, she cut her hair in Coffee Prince before.” Kiko suggested.

 

 

“She doing a drama now and I think she just signed up to shoot a movie. So we might have schedule conflicts.” Jiyong uttered while searching for Eunhye’s name on Nate.

 

 

“Moon Geunyoung? She’s pretty good. And she doesn’t have any projects at this time.” Jiyong suggested.

 

 

“Choi, do you think Shi Min Ah will accept if we offer her the role?” Dara asked mischievously. Seung Hyun almost choked on his drink and got flustered not knowing what to say.

 

 

Dara and Kiko bursts in laughter.

 

 

“Relax. I don’t know if you can handle such a burden directing your ex.” Dara replied.

 

 

 

“We had an amicable break up thank you very much.” Seung Hyun scowled.

 

 

 

“So, you want to work with her?” Dara raised her eyebrow at him.

 

 

 

“No.” Seung Hyun mumbled, his face growing red. Kiko and Dara snickered, teasing Seung Hyun all the more.

 

 

 

“Okay…hmmm…I think we’ll need a new actress. Someone who can pull off the role and someone willing to shave her head.” Dara declared, deliberately ignoring Jiyong’s suggestion. Only when Seung Hyun repeated the suggestion did she acknowledge it.

 

 

 

“She’s really good. But I don’t know if she’ll have screen chemistry with Woobin. And her fee will pro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter