The Bad Review

The Real Red Lotus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

1 -  The Bad Review

 

 

 

 

[Indie Music Review] Song of the Week: This Love by G-Dragon

 

Uhm. Excuse me.

This is not an original song.

This is a cover song.

COVER.

Anyone that will listen to this song will know where you got it from: This Love by Maroon 5. I feel insulted because you even submitted this song on my site.

Hello!?!? The category is ‘Indie Music Review’

I’ve told everyone time and again that I only do reviews of original songs by independent artists. Ergo Indie Music Review.

This song has no soul, no depth, no originality and dead inside.

However, I feel the need to shed some light on our poor lil soul that seemed to have lost his way in writing songs.

I may not be a song writer but I know enough to say that songs need to be a reflection of ourselves. It must tug on our emotion. It must convey an experience in life that people will relate to. This is how you give life to a song.

My dear G-Dragon, I hope that by the time you write your next song, you’d be inspired by anger and wrath because of this review. At least you’ll be able to write some Emo song that’s worth three minutes of my time.

 

 

 

                                                                                           

“That b*tch!!!” Jiyong hissed after reading the review of his song on the website of Red Lotus. His song was just annihilated, shred into pieces then thrown in to a dump truck. He almost threw his phone on the window of the classroom he was in.

 

 

“Hey man, are you ready for our rap battle tonight?” Seung Hyun, a chubby guy with crazy dreads sat beside Jiyong. He leaned on his chair and started rubbing his belly while yawning.

 

 

Jiyong wasn’t listening to his friend Seung Hyun because he was busy shouting a thousand curses at Red Lotus in his mind. Seung Hyun looked at Jiyong and saw that his hand was crushing his poor little phone.

 

 

“Who does she think she is? She didn’t have to insult me like that!!!” Jiyong bursts after Seung hyun snatched his phone away and started reading the review.

 

 

“Oh man I think Red Lotus just pawned you.” Seung hyun couldn’t help but laugh.

 

 

“Shut the up.” Jiyong retrieved his phone and threw Seung Hyun his death glare but the latter was too preoccupied with laughing to even care.

 

 

“I told you not to go through with getting your music reviewed! You know how ruthless Red Lotus can get. You didn’t listen to me.” Seung Hyun’s laughter subsided.

 

 

“We were so drunk when I submitted that song on her site. But she didn’t have to be so mean! She’s a witch I tell you, she’s a very ugly witch!!!” Jiyong said angrily.

 

 

“Whatever dude. You made your bed now you have to lay in it. I’m outta here. Our professor must have finally gotten laid last night so he’s not here yet.” Seung Hyun muttered and grabbed his back pack and walked to the door.

 

 

“Meet you at the club later tonight. Let’s drown your sorrows in beer.” Seung hyun called out and then finally left Jiyong.

 

 

Since Jiyong was in such a bad mood, he decided to just skip all his classes all together and just hang out at the lagoon near the botanical garden of the university.

 

 

“I have to make that ugly witch pay. I have to.” Jiyong kept on whispering while throwing pebbles on the lagoon.

 

 

“She didn’t have the right to humiliate me like that!!!” Jiyong screams and then throws a huge stone on the lagoon making a huge splash.

 

 

“AAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!” Jiyong hears a shriek and saw a small petite girl wearing an oversized sweater, very long skirt and huge nerdy glasses dripping with water from the lagoon.

 

 

“Oh my god I’m so sorry miss…I’m really sorry. I didn’t mean to…” Jiyong quickly got up and ran towards the girl. He grabbed his handkerchief and he hesitantly started wiping the girl’s right cheek.

 

 

The girl stood there like a statue, not bothering to move as Jiyong kept on apologizing.

 

 

“Uhm…your glasses are all wet…let me take it off so I can wipe it…” Jiyong finally saw the girl move, she looked at him coldly. He could see her nostrils flaring up but he also saw how hard she tried in controlling herself, he could almost see her counting from 1 to 10 before she tried to do anything more.

 

 

“No.” The girl spoke, her voice was frail and she sounded like she cried for hours.

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter