Cheaters

The Real Red Lotus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

15 - Cheaters

 

 

 

 

 

 

It’s been almost two months since Kiko and Jiyong started officially dating. They’ve been doing what normal couples would do. They go on dates, he fetches her and walks her home. She watches his gigs every now and then whenever she isn’t busy.

 

 

Kiko is pretty, she’s nice and always has a happy disposition. It’s very hard not to like her. She’s not like the girls Jiyong usually plays with and he’s been trying his best to make sure that he can be the best boyfriend he can be to Kiko. Jiyong was walking Kiko home after one of their movie dates. They sat down beside each other on the stairs in front of Kiko’s apartment building.

 

 

“Thank you…” Kiko murmured softly. She took a deep sigh and rested her chin between her knees as she embraced her legs. Jiyong rested his arms on the higher steps of the stairs and looked at the stars.

 

 

“What for?” Jiyong asked.

 

 

“For doing this…for helping me get over Seung Hyun oppa…for making me feel special…” Kiko answered honestly. Jiyong felt a little bit guilty for taking the credit because he was also doing this to make himself forget about Dara.

 

 

“That’s because you are special Kiko. Always remember that.” Jiyong straightened up and looked at Kiko’s expression. She had this wistful expression. Her face was as delicate as her heart.

 

 

“But I feel like a failure…coz you haven’t forgotten him one bit. You still give him the same look whenever you see him.” Jiyong uttered as he ran his finger on the lock of Kiko’s hair that fell off her face.

 

 

“What look?” Kiko asked him in bewilderment. Jiyong smiled at her.

 

 

“I don’t know how to describe it…it’s a look of longing…whenever I see you look at him, I see a painting…a painting of unrequited love…” Kiko playfully punched Jiyong’s arm as she chuckled.

 

 

“I don’t give him that look. You’re crazy.” Kiko tried brushing off.

 

 

“Trust me…I know…” Jiyong replied and Kiko went awfully quiet. Then their phones alarmed and they simultaneously looked at each of their phones. They both looked at each other when they saw Red Lotus’ new post.

 

 

“I really hate lying to unnie…” Kiko said sadly.

 

 

“Should we tell her that I already told you the truth?” Kiko asked Jiyong hesitantly.

 

 

“It’s ultimately your decision to make Kiko…I know you’re worried that Dara would feel that you betrayed her for telling me…but maybe she’ll understand…” Jiyong reasoned out but Kiko shook her head.

 

 

“She’ll really get mad at me. One thing unnie really hates is being lied to. But I only did it because I didn’t want to lie to you anymore…I mean boyfriends and girlfriends are not suppose to keep secrets from each other…” The worry was evident in Kiko’s eyes and Jiyong placed his arm around her shoulders to give her comfort.

 

 

“You and Dara are best friends. And if Dara loves you…and I’m sure she do…she’ll understand…” Jiyong smiled at Kiko, trying to give her comfort.

 

 

“We’ll tell her…but not now…I need to get some courage to do that…we’ll tell her eventually…” Kiko resolved. Jiyong pulled her closer to him and gently caressed her hair.

 

 

*****

 

 

Jiyong kept thinking about what Kiko said. Should they really tell Dara? Should they? If he wanted to be honest with himself, he really didn’t want to…because if Dara knows the truth he wouldn’t have the excuse to chat with her until the wee hours of the morning. He wouldn’t have the reason to bother her with random nonsense.

 

 

He went straight at home after walking Kiko home. He washed up and went straight to bed. He got his phone and texted Kiko goodnight as what a normal boyfriend should do…as what he should do.

 

 

He stared at his phone and his eyes focused on the twitter application and much to his resistant, he just couldn’t help himself.

 

 

                @red_lotus: Sigur Ros’ new album .           

 

 

                @IBGDRGN: No one’s asking for your opinion. Put up your own blog and stop bugging me.

 

 

                @red_lotus: someone’s gotta do the trolling on your page and you’re lucky to have a very good looking troll.

 

 

                @IBGDRGN: im quite amazed that your head hasn’t exploded w/ the size of your ego.

 

 

                @IBGDRGN: just bug off and go to sleep. You have an early class tomorrow right?

 

 

                @red_lotus: just as you do. Go to sleep Red. I won’t quit bugging you until you sleep.

 

 

                @IBGDRGN: fine. Goodnight.

 

 

                @red_lotus: Good night Red. I love you.

 

 

Jiyong couldn’t take the smile off his face as he placed his phone under his pillow and he placed the doubts of feeling guilty aside. He shouldn’t feel guilty for still tweeting Red Lotus. He shouldn’t feel like he’s cheating on Kiko. He shouldn’t. He’s only doing this because Kiko needs time to tell Dara the truth…and when they tell Dara the truth…he will stop tweeting her altogether.

 

 

He really shouldn’t feel like she’s cheating on Kiko…and yet he did.

 

 

*****

 

 

“UGGGGHHHHHHHH!!! I really hate Mr. Yang for dumping this on us the last minute! Doesn’t he know we have tons of other projects to do?” Dara

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter