Secret's Out

The Real Red Lotus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

21 - Secret's Out

 

 

 

It was crowded and busy at Incheon Airport that day. The airport was full of girls with their professional cameras waiting patiently with their banners and gifts.

 

 

“Do you really have to go?” Dara asked Kiko in a faint whisper. Desperation was evident in her voice. She will miss her best friend terribly. Dara held on to Kiko’s hand, giving it a squeeze.

 

 

“Unnie…this is my big opportunity…I can’t let this pass…” Kiko smiled at Dara and pulled her for a tight embrace. Dara’s tears started falling. Kiko is really migrating to Japan. She couldn’t believe it. She’d never thought she’d lose her best friend just like that.

 

 

“I’m sorry…I’m really sorry…” Dara’s voice shook.

 

 

“You have nothing to be sorry for…” Kiko tried to hush her but Dara shook her head and looked at her best friend.

 

 

“I’m sorry for being weak…I’m sorry for not being as strong as you are. I’ve always been jealous of your ability to be sweet and positive at any given situation and at the same time you’re a very strong girl…you’ve always brought me up whenever I’m down…I’ve relied on you so much that I don’t know what I’m going to do without you…I’ve always had you by my side…and now…you’re leaving me…”

 

 

“I’m sorry for hurting you Kiko…you know I never meant to…I know you were hurt with what happened with Jiyong and I’m really sorry…I wish I could take it all back but…but…I just…”

 

 

“Unnie…you have nothing to be sorry for…the only thing you did is fall in love with Jiyong. And falling in love is never a wrong thing…People just have different ways of showing their love…and in my case, I tend to be a little bit selfless…I guess that’s something I have to work on…” Kiko reached for Dara and started wiping Dara’s tears from on her cheeks.

 

 

The crowd of fangirls started screaming and the flashes of camera. Dara and Kiko looked over and saw a group of Kpop idols not far away from them. They looked at each other and started laughing coz they had no idea who they were.

 

 

“I guess that’s why the airport is so crowded.” Kiko murmured and then looked at her watch. They’ll be calling her flight soon.

 

 

“Unnie…we’ll keep in touch. There’s always Skype.” Kiko assured her and embraced her again.

 

 

Kiko froze when she saw Seung Hyun a few feet away from them, just watching them. He looked like he ran so fast because he was panting while looking at Kiko.

 

 

He looked so different from the guy she fell in love with before. The Seung Hyun before was huggable and adorable. Now, he looked like a man. A man that can protect the girl he loves. The Seung Hyun now looked like a totally different person but deep inside he was still the same guy.

 

 

Seung Hyun slowly walked towards them. Dara stepped aside as soon as she saw Seung Hyun. He stood in front of Kiko, just looking at her.

 

 

“Hey.” Although Kiko’s eyes smiled and her lips curve, he saw the hint of sadness in her smile. Seung Hyun smiled.

 

 

“I almost never made it. I was in the middle of an exam when I received your message earlier. Our daily running exercise really helped a lot.” Seung Hyun chuckled. He was looking at her as if he was memorizing her face.

 

 

“You’re really going…it never really sank in me until I read your message…” He murmured.

 

 

They never talked about what happened that night they got drunk.  Seung Hyun tried to bring the topic up the following day they met up after they slept together but Kiko told him that she’d rather not talk about it. She’d rather not talk about it. Seung Hyun it was so like Kiko…he knew she didn’t like confrontations. Seung Hyun respected her wished and decided not to pursue the topic any further.

 

 

“This is really it.” Seung Hyun sighed. Kiko nodded and before she could utter a reply, she heard her flight being called.

 

 

“I…I’d better go…” Kiko mumbled, looking down on her feet. She didn’t want him to see the sadness on her face. She bowed and started walking away. Seung Hyun got hold of Kiko’s wrist and yanked her against him before she could take a few more steps. He embraced her tightly.

 

 

“You take care of yourself okay? If you need someone to talk to…you can call me anytime…we’ll see each other again…I’ll make sure of that…and the next time we’ll see each other again…things will be better…and hopefully then…maybe then…we can…” Seung Hyun said fiercely as he locked Kiko in his arms for a warm embrace. He pulled away and cupped Kiko’s face and looked in to her eyes. He looked like he had so many things to say but he couldn’t say anything at all.

 

 

“We’ll see each other again.” Seung Hyun resolved.

 

 

“Yes we will.” Kiko nodded and stood on her toes, giving Seung Hyun a chaste kiss on the lips before turning away.

 

 

*****

 

 

Dara walked through the campus halls and headed for Jiyong’s building. They were supposed to meet up. She held on to the straps of her backpack and craned her neck to look around the crowded hallway. She was looking around for him when she spotted him in one of the lockers in the hallway talking to some of his friends. She recognized the guy from the diner as one of the guys Jiyong was talking to. She hesitated walking towards Jiyong.

 

 

“I can give you Gina’s number. I have it on my phone.” Jiyong offered smiling to one guy.

 

 

“So you’re actually telling the truth when you said you’re done with playing around.” The guy asked in disbelief while taking the number from Jiyong’s phone. Jiyong just grinned and scratched the back of his head.

 

 

“Jiyong’s going out with Red Lotus man…” One guy piped in.

 

 

“You’re ting me right?” The guy exclaimed in disbelief. Jiyong responded with a wide smile.

 

 

“This sneaky bastard.” The guy head locked Jiyong and ruffled his hair. The guys were laughing.

 

 

“I don’t believe it. You actually found out who Red Lotus is. Come on Jiyong, tell us. Is Red Lotus hot or what?”

 

 

“I’m not telling.” Jiyong replied playfully.

 

 

“Don’t tell me Red Lotus is that geeky girl I saw you hanging out at the diner a week ago.” The guy who saw them at the diner joked. Dara turned and walked away, refusing to hear anything further.

 

 

*****

 

 

“Hey, I’ve been looking all over f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter