Happy Endings

Race
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  Jongin woke up with the sounds of loud arguments coming from downstairs. He sat up on his bed, looking at Baekhyun’s empty place through bleary eyes. He stood up slowly to go and see what has happened. He went downstairs to see almost everyone standing in the hall staring at Kyuhyun and Sehun who were in the middle of a heated argument.

Jongin walked forward, standing just behind Xiumin. He put his head on the others shoulder, still very much sleepy and unfocused that he couldn’t register their words. “What are they fighting about?”

Xiumin looked at him fondly and ruffled his hair “Kyuhyun-ssi doesn’t want Sehun in the group tonight.”

Jongin perked up at that “What? Why?” Before Xiumin could say anything he got his answer from Sehun’s next words.

“But I did it for Jongin.” He shouted “If I hadn’t stepped up, Jongin wouldn’t be here now. He would be in that bastard’s grip again.”

“Well how can I know you wouldn’t pick a fight with him tonight? What if he bothers Jongin or you again? You would get angry and I can’t have you getting into any accidents!” Kyuhyun said sharply, trying to make Sehun understand that he was only worried for him.

“Hyung this was supposed to be my last match…” Sehun said disappointedly.

“I’m sorry Sehun but I’m doing this for your own good.” Kyuhyun sighed while Sehun just looked down sadly. “Ryeowook was going to be our back up tonight but he’ll be playing in your place.”

Jongin could see Sehun’s hands clench into fists as he walked out of the room with quick and angry steps, the sound of his room’s door slamming shut making some of them jump up. Jongin was amazed at how no one interfered with their argument, he guessed it was because they were all still sleepy. Everyone scattered around again, going to do their own business while Kyuhyun started talking to Chanyeol and Ryeowook.

 

Jongin looked at his face in the bathroom’s mirror and sighed, he didn’t know if he should do this or not because he was pretty sure Kyuhyun would get angry but he didn’t know any other way.  He couldn’t just sit and watch Kyuhyun has forbid Sehun of competing tonight because of him.

He wiped his face dry with his towel and went downstairs again looking for the person that could help him. He found joonmyun sitting next to Baekhyun, some notes and papers in front of him.

“Joonmyun hyung can I talk to you?”

Baekhyun and Joonmyun both looked at him with curious eyes. Joonmyun smiled “Sure.” He stood up to go with Jongin.

Baekhyun pouted “You never tell me anything.”

Jongin laughed “It’s nothing important hyung.”

Baekhyun nodded his head, still pouting “You always say that.” He said sarcastically then pouted again “I wish Kyungsoo was here.”

“He’ll be there tonight. Don’t worry. Or go visit him now.” Joonmyun said as he pulled Jongin toward the yard.

 

 

“What’s the meaning of this Chanyeol?” Kyuhyun said angrily “Why can’t he come tonight?”

Chanyeol looked at him in the eyes, unwavering from his decision “Jongin is sick so he can race.”

His mind went back to near an hour ago when Joonmyun has called him to talk.

 

“Jongin can’t take part in the match tonight.”

Chanyeol frowned “Why?”

“You remember what I told you about that night in that bar?” Chanyeol nodded slowly “Well that guy is actually a member of our rival team.. wait don’t say anything. Before you lose your cool, I have to tell you that’s why Jongin won’t be participating but you have to tell Kyuhyun hyung that Jongin is feeling unwell and Sehun should go instead of him.”

“But He wouldn’t let Sehun__”

“Then convince him!”

“What if Sehun gets in a fight or worth an accident?”

“He won’t .We’ll talk to him.”

“But_”

“Chanyeol!! Sehun is good at handling his emotions when he wants to. He was just rilled up the other night because so much information got dumped on him. Nothing will happen.”

Chanyeol sighed “Okay.”

 

“I can’t let him participate. If he gets angry he will ruin everything. He might get into an accident!”

“He won’t. From what I saw these past few day, when he does something all his focus is on his work and nothing else.”

“I can’t risk his safety.”

“Everything about racing is risky. If you didn’t want to risk, you shouldn’t have allowed him to enter this game from the start……We’ll talk to Sehun before the match. Everything will be fine.” Chanyeol assured Kyuhyun who still seemed to have second thoughts but because they didn’t have any one else in the team, he had to accept.

Finally after a minute of silence, Kyuhyun said “Fine just make sure everything goes well.”

 

To say Sehun was shocked when he found out he is going to participate in the match was and understatement. He was overjoyed that his brother has changed his idea but he was also curious about the reason behind the sudden action since it occurred in such a short time.

He was shocked he heard Kyuhyun grumbling “It’s all Jongin’s fault for getting sick.” But he still had his suspicions on the matter. So he decided a trip to Jongin’s room wouldn’t hurt.

 

Sehun was standing in front of Jongin’s room, wanting to know what has happened to him so suddenly. He knocked on the door slowly, hearing something fall on the other side he called Jongin worriedly “Jongin-ah can I come in?”

He opened the door when he heard a faint ‘yes’. He saw Jongin laying on his bed, bed covers up to his chin, he looked a little out of breath.

“Were you running?” Sehun asked suspiciously.

Jongin looked at him nervously “No!Why would you think something like that?”

Sehun leaned forward, touching Jongin’s pulse point on his neck “Did you run to your bed only after you heard knocking?”

Jongin coughed nervously “Look I’m feeling quite bad so if you could tell me what you want to say it would be great.”

“Ok. You are ditching the match because of him aren’t you?” Sehun said seriously “You don’t want to face him again__”

“I’m doing this because of you!” Jongin blurted out.

Sehun was stunned “W- Why would you do that? I __” He didn’t know what to say as he was trying see if Jongin was saying the truth or not.

“You said it’s your last one. The matches never meant that much to me so I’m not sad or anything for pulling away.” Jongin smiled slightly and continued “And I was the reason behind your actions last night. Just think of this as a payback for saving me.”

Before Sehun could say anything he started again “Just remember to not get angry no matter what he says alright? If you listen to him and lose your temper, you’d be losing the match too.”

Sehun nodded in understanding “Thank you.”

 “Your welcome… Just remember that in front of Kyuhyun hyung I’m still feeling sick ok?” Jongin said with a silly grin on his face.

Sehun couldn’t help but laugh at the boy’s childish plan but didn’t say anything else and decided to just go with their plan.

 

At the venue, everyone were too nervous and concerned about Sehun getting angry again so none of them predicted the intense fight going on in front of them now.

They heard yelling and when they followed the sounds they found Chanyeol harboring a bloody nose throwing a fist at the boy from the night before. The boy saw them first, looking at them through hazy eyes and smirking at them. “Your friends are here.” He griped Chanyeol’s wrists and pushed him away.

Chanyeol didn’t even look at them, only gripped the other by collar and slammed him to the wall “If you ever get close to Jongin again_”

“What will you do huh?” he said mockingly “I’ll find a way out… Just like last time.”

Before Chanyeol could do anything , Joonmyun was beside him, holding his arm “Chanyeol! Let him go. He is not worth it.” Chanyeol calmed down a little but he didn’t show any sign of letting go of the boy. “As long as we’re with Jongin,he won’t be able to do anything. Please let him go or it’ll get worse.” He pulled Chanyeol away toward the other members.

“Chanye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter