Last night

Race
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Trigger warning for mentions of suicide.

 

 Sehun looked at Jongin who was staring at the night sky quietly and wondered if he should ask the question that has been in his mind these past few days or not. He looked down at the boys hand playing with his wrist absentmindedly.

“Jongin-ah…” The boy looked at him with questioning eyes “ Can I ask you about the scar on your wrist? Have you__?” He didn’t know if he should say the word but Jongin continued his words.

“Commited suicide? Yeah, well I tried to.” He smiled bitterly and looked at his hand.

“But why? You have a lot of people who are always beside you!”

“I know. I just …. I guess I was so tired of everything. I’ve fallen too deep into the depression that I didn’t think of anything else.” He sighed sadly and tucked his knees under his chin “But you’re right. When I woke up I threw a fit because I didn’t want to live but after a few days when I saw how it had affected the people around me, I regretted doing it.” He ended softly.

"Then you didn't do it for yourself."

"Well every person needs something to live for, like a goal. at that time they became my purpose to live. Now I have alot of purposes.Now I know that incident wasn't my fault and I want to be strong enough to live through it and show that they couldn't stop me from reaching my goals."

“Did Chanyeol hyung know why you did it?”

“No. Only Joonmyun hyung and Minseok hyung knew and they told Chanyeol hyung and Baekhyun after I went to hospital.”

“Oh…”

Jongin chuckled softly “Baekhyun hyung still has mental breakdown when something happens. He thinks I’m going to do something stupid again.”

“Are you?”

Jongin looked at him again “No. I learned to live with it.”

“I’m glad, that you are moving on.”

“I am. Little by little I will be like I was a few years ago. I’m still a little scared but I would be fine.” He smiled determinedly and it made Sehun happy to hear that.

 

 

On the other side of the house, everyone, except Kyuhyun and Ryeowook who excused themselves to go sleep, has arrived and was sitting in a circle to finally play Baekhyun’s favorite game, truth or dare, but with the little change as this one only had dare. When everyone settled down, Baekhyun spoke up “Who wants to start?”

When no one volunteered, he smiled and took the bottle in his hand “Ok I’ll do it myself.” He turned it and watched on with anticipation. He sighed disappointedly as it seem like the bottle wouldn’t stop on the person he wanted. He opened his mouth to ask when the bottle moved a little again, landing Jongdae. Baekhyun grinned widely while Jongdae looked scared and prayed for his own safety.

“Please go easy__”

“Kiss the person on your right side.”

“__on me…”

Jongdae paled at the dare he has received. He was perfectly aware of the person sitting on his right. He turned to look at Xiumin who was staring back at him blankly. He quickly looked at Baekhyun and pleaded him with his eyes but Baekhyun only grinned wickedly and gestured for Jongdae to do it, “Hurry up.We don’t have all night.”

Jongdae looked at Xiumin again and exhaled sharply, taking hold of Xiumin’s face and bringing his face near him until he was a few inches away from the other. “Forgive me hyung.” He leaned in to capture his lips. He could hear Baekhyun laugh and some clapping sounds but then the feeling of Xiumin’s soft lips took over his brain and he couldn’t hear anything.He tasted sweet, like caramel and Jongdae felt like he couldn’t get enough of him so he pulled him closer, curling one of his hands around his neck. He was going to pull away when he felt the other’s lips moving with his.It was like his stomach was suddenly full of butterflies that were flying around. Well at least if it was worth it especially when he was sure that this was the only chance he’ll get to be so near to the other boy.

They pulled away after what felt like an eternity but still too short, was it even possible to feel like that?, both panting and blushing madly. They stayed close even after parting, staring at each other intensely. Both getting closer again like they were going to kiss again when Baekhyun said “Get a grip of yourselves and wait until you’re alone!”

Jongdae and Xiumin became even redder in the face and jumped away from each other awkwardly. Baekhyun smiled in victory and passed the bottle to Jongdae, “Your turn.”

Jongdae spun the bottle mindlessly, his mind filled with Xiumin fantasies. He didn’t even understand who it landed on until Joonmyun nudged his knee to get him to focus on the game. It had landed on Kris who was looking at Jongdae with curious eyes and at the same time there was a dangerous glint in them as if he was daring Jongdae to force him do something embarrassing. Jongdae gulped and searched his mind to think of something good and at the same time not too embarrassing. The game went on smoothly from then on, that is if you call running around in underwear or eating mayo, ketchup,mustard and vinegar in a cup smooth.

They called it a night after they almost died of laughing at the awkward Baekhyun making out with a piece of bread /Jongdae’s revenge/ and all went to their respective rooms.

 

Chanyeol dragged Joonmyun toward his own room claiming that he had something to talk about with him. They sat on the floor leaning against the bed, “So What did you__” Joonmyun was cut short by the pair of lips kissing him deeply. Joonmyun closed his eyes slowly and turned around, not wanting to stay in that awkward position. He put his arms around Chanyeol’s neck while the other circled his waist, pulling each other closer. After a few Joonmyun pulled away and pecked Chanyeol’s lips repeatedly before leaning his forehead on the other’s “I love you.” He whispered.

Chanyeol smiled “Love you too.”

Joonmyun beamed at him and started to move to sit straight again; they were sitting side by side again in silence

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter