The New Boy Game

The New Girl Game

Yeah, I kissed him.

So what?

You going to do something about it?

...

That's what I thought.

 

"Wow..." Zelo smiled after I broke off the kiss. "I didn't expect that..."

All of a sudden I heard the front door burst open and two bright voices, "Guess who's here!!!"

"Oh crap... I didn't expect that..."

I stood up and walked to the voices, "Hi Mom! Hi Dad!"

Oh yes. My parents were suddenly here.

Right after I kissed Zelo too...

Sometimes I wonder if they do those kind of things on purpose....

"Soojin!" my mom greeted squeezing me in her arms. "I've missed you!"

"I've- missed- you- too!"

"Yeobo, I think you're hugging her too tight." my dad pointed out.

I think I got my strength from my mom...

"So Soojin, where's your sister?" asked Dad.

"Work I think..."

 

Actually she was on a date, but she made me promise not to tell them if they ever asked.

Why?

Well....

 

"Soojin. Do you have a friend over?" they asked.

Zelo stuck his head from out of the kitchen.

I really hoped that he wouldn't do that...

"Soojin?" my mom question while throwing me that 'why is there a boy here?' look.

I knew that look all too well...

Maybe it was one of the main reasons my ex wanted to break up with me too...

"Nice to meet you!" Zelo smiled brightly, "I'm Soojin's neighbor and classmate!"

My parents looked at each other and then back at Zelo.

"Are you sure about that?" my dad asked, "Are you sure there isn't more?"

Zelo looked at me for an answer. I shook my head and mouthed 'I'll explain later!'. I hope that he didn't take that personally...

"No sir." he told my dad, "I told Soojin I never had shortbread cookies before, so she was showing me how to make them."

My parents grew relaxed, and their expressions changed back into a friendlier one.

"Well, thanks for that Soojin. Sorry that I burnt the cookies though... See you tomorrow." he bowed to my parents and headed for the door.

"I-I'll walk you to your house!" I said nervously.

 

The second the door closed and we were outside, I let out a long sigh.

"So your parents are... nice." Zelo said

"Not to boys... Sorry about that... But trust me when I say I made you say that to protect you..."

"Don't worry I get it... I'll see you tomorrow." he smiled at me, but I had a feeling he didn't 'get it'

 

Back inside the house, my parents were looking at the kitchen.

"What the heck happened?!" Mom asked.

"They were left in the oven for too long?"

I actually didn't know but I had to come up with something! I didn't need to give them another reason to hate Zelo.

Well, thankfully my dad decided to change the subject.

"I bet you're wondering why we're suddenly here in Seoul..."

"Your trip in Australia didn't go as planned?" I guessed.

My mom smiled, "Your father got kicked by one too many kangaroos and spit on by a few koala bears." 

"HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW THAT KOALAS DON'T LIKE HUGS!"

I giggled with my mom.

"Anyway, that's not why we're here. Actually, I got promoted to be in charge of the company's new location in Busan. We're moving in tomorrow."

"Cool! Now we can stay in Korea!" I smiled, "I can't wait to tell Jaehwa!"

My dad shook his head, "Actually, you're coming with us. With your sister working all the time, it might be easier to live with us."

"Seriously? What about all my friends?"

What about Zelo? I mean I just kissed him!

Worst timing ever...

"You can take a train back to Seoul on the weekends if you want, but we're leaving tomorrow morning." my mom gently said.

"Great... Just great..." I sighed.

 

I didn't go to school the next morning. Instead, I packed my bags and headed for the train station.

Jaehwa texted me on the train and I told her about the sudden move.

And yes, I also told her about Zelo. How could I not?

The house my parents got was a similar model to Unnie's in Seoul. There was even a tree in the yard! But... school was really different...

Maybe I was just used to having all those guys surrounding me...

**************************************************************************************************

"Seriously? That all happened in Seoul?" my new friend asked.

"Yeah. It seriously happened." I took a sip of my coffee.

I've lived in Busan for about three months now. It's a really nice place. I feel like I can really call this place home (but I won't, I'm an American girl by heart)

"What happened to that Zelo guy?" she asked.

"He never contacted me after that night..." I sighed, "I wonder if my parents scared him off?"

My friend shrugged, "You know, there's a similar game the girls here play. If a new transfer student is cute, then the girls go all Amazonian Warrior on them."

I scoffed, "That's normal though! And what does that have to do with my life story?"

"There's a new transfer student coming in today, and rumor has it, he's cute."

The school's warning bell rang off in the distance.

"Well, I guess we'll find out! Come on, let's go!"

 

But the new transfer student never showed up...

"Well, if he isn't coming let's begin our quarterly presentations.Soojin! You're first!" the teacher ordered

I was pretty excited for my presentation, mainly because this was going to be easy!

All I had to was answer the teacher's questions in English!

Can you say easy A?

"Soojin, what is your favorite dessert?"

"My favorite dessert would be...."

The door suddenly flew open and a person came flying through the door on a skateboard.

"Sorry I'm late!!!"

Before I knew it I was on the ground, pinned between a guy and the floor.

"Hey I know you!" the boy smiled.

"I know you too... Now can you get off me Zelo?"

He threw me a smirk, "I rather not. I like the view from here."

The teacher coughed in the background. Some of the girls were getting restless. Oh that brought back some memories...

"Deja vu huh?" I said, forcing back a smile.

He laughed and helped me up. The teacher was furious at him, but like always he didn't care. Instead he stood in front of the class and introduced himself.

"I'm the new transfer student Choi Junhong! Please treat me well!"

I expected the new transfer student to be cute, but I definitely didn't except him to be Zelo. The room was filled with giggles and whispers, which was expected.

Come on, let's face it.

Zelo is pretty cute.

 

In the lunchroom, it was obvious that Zelo was  as popular as ever. Guys seemed to like his (weird) sense of humor and he drew in a majority of girls like a magnet.

It was all every annoying. It was aegyo to the max and the flirting involved a little too much skinship for my taste...

"Uhh, Soojin? You look pissed off again..." my friend said.

I looked at the group of girls flocking Zelo and let's just say something snapped. I walked over to Zelo and pulled him out of the crowd. 

"YAH!!!" the girls shouted. "That's against the rules!!!"

Whatever.... I pulled on his uniform's collar and made his face meet mine.You can guess what I did next...

That's right, I kissed him.

 

After I broke off the kiss, I turned to the group a smiled, "All is fair in love and war right?"

"That's the second time you've kissed me you know." he smirked.

"So?"

He laughed , "Isn't kissing something people who like each other do?"

I scoffed, "I thought it was obvious, but fine.... I like you Zelo. What are you going to do about it?"

"This...."

Zelo lifted me up off the ground and pulled me into another kiss.

"What the...?" one of the girls behind us mumbled. "So they're dating?"

I looked at Zelo, "I don't know. Are we dating?"

"Hmmh, no." he smirked, "At least not yet!"

Frowning, I smacked his arm, "Wait, what?" 

"Hey, if I had to fight for you then you have to fight for me!" Zelo kissed me lightly on the cheek, "Good luck Soojin!"

 

And that's how the new boy game began....

 

(But seriously, I've already won.

If you even think you might have a chance with Zelo... you can count on me being there to throw you out a window...)

 


Well, that's it!

My silly boring story finally came to an end!

Thanks for actually bearing through my horrible sense of humor. 

Heh, maybe one day I'll actually be able to write something even remotely funny!

Bye bye for now!

I bet you'll see me again soon!