Talking Mimes and Distracting Dresses

The New Girl Game

"You what?!"

Jaehwa nearly spit out the cookie she was chewing. "You ran into David? Like, Gwaja David?!"

"Yeah..." I sighed, "How many more of my childhood friends are going to end up in Korea?"

Zelo raised his hand, "Ummh... Someone want to tell us what's going on?"

"I'm a little confused too... Didn't you say this David guy was your ex-boyfriend?" asked Youngmin.

Jaehwa spit out her cookie, "WHAT?!?" Jongup stood behind her and patted her back as she coughed from the shock. "You two dated?!"

I shrugged, "Yeah..."

"And you didn't tell me?"

"Yeah..." I said again. I pulled out a cookie from the box and bit into it.

Once again, the boys raised their hands. "Still clueless over here! Can someone explain?"

I couldn't just leave them in the dark. Knowing Zelo he would never give up until he knew the whole story. So I began to tell them everything about me, David and Jaehwa.

 

Remember that story about how Jaehwa and I became friends?

Well, after that the guy I threw across the room, he just started following me around everywhere. He kept saying something about pride and being a man, but I really didn't care, so I just let him hang around me.

Eventually, the three of us became really close friends. And yes, Jaehwa did get over that little crush she had on him.

When Jaehwa moved to Korea, the two of us started to spend more time together; and about a month after she left, David asked me out.

 

"How long did you guys date?" asked Jongup.

"About 2 years." I took another cookie and munched away as they asked more and more questions about my past relationship...

"What happened to you two?" "Did you know he moved here?" "Why didn't you tell me you guys dated?!"

I did my best to answer the questions.

"David wasn't really the 'through thick and thin' type, so he broke up with me when he moved... But I had no idea he moved to Korea!" I took another cookie and ate it.

"Well, I don't care what happened between you two!" Jaehwa announced. "I have to go say hi to my first love! Be back in a few!"

She meant it as a joke, but seeing the look on Jongup's face when she said that...

I think I was the only one who got the punch line.

He chased after Jaehwa as she ran back to the bakery that the others and I went to just minutes ago.

(Personally, I think it was cute how jealous he got...)

 

I sighed and pulled out another cookie. And another, and another, and another until....

"Soojin! This is like your fifth cookie! Aren't you tired of cookies?" Youngmin asked

Was he serious? One can never be tired of cookies! I stared him down like he was insane.

"I'll take that as a no..."

Zelo had been frowning for awhile, but he hadn't done anything until he stood up, and yanked the box away from me. "YAH!!!" I screamed, "Give it back!!!"

"No! This is very unhealthy!" I stuck my tongue out at him.

Youngmin laughed softly. "Just give her the cookies."

"Yeah! Give me back my comfort food!" I pouted.

Jumping was never really my favorite thing to do, but I was desperate.

Hey, those cookies were freaking amazing!

But... Curse Zelo's height...

My short legs just couldn't jump high enough to get it. "Maybe talking about it would be better than drowning your problems in unhealthy sugary junk." 

"You just want to know more about David don't you?" I guessed.

"If you tell me the whole story then I'll give you your box of cookies back!"

"But there isn't much to say!" I shouted, "I loved the guy, but he thought I wasn't worth it. So when the time came for him to go, he didn't even blink when he said goodbye!"

Maybe it was all the sugar (but it was probably just PMS) that made me break down crying... I guess that I didn't even realize that I had missed that guy so much until that moment....

Suddenly, Bang!

Zelo dropped down the box of cookies onto my head and sighed. "Sorry... Didn't mean to make you cry..." He sighed again and walked off somewhere in some random direction, leaving me alone with Youngmin.

He inched closer to me and patted my back. "There, there..." he whispered, "Don't cry anymore! Just look at me okay?" Youngmin then jumped up and started to attempt miming.

I couldn't help but laugh. "What are you doing?"

"I'm pretending that I'm trapped in a box!"

"Why?" I laughed again.

"Because! I'm a mime!"

"Aren't mimes supposed to be silent?" I managed to say while now laughing uncontrollably.

"But then how would you know what I'm trying to do?" he countered.

Jaehwa and Jongup came back (holding hands) about a minute after Youngmin started miming. "What the crap...?" Jaehwa mumbled.

Jongup face-palmed himself, "Youngmin, you're miming again? We talked about this! It isn't that funny!"

"Hey! I happen to think it's funny!" I said at Youngmin's defense.

"It's okay Soojin, I know I'm not that good. I'm just glad that you stopped crying." Youngmin said smiling.

Aigoo... It was like a switch just flipped. One second he was a freaking dork trying to be a talking mime and now Youngmin was back to his cool, calm and collected self!

"Hey, where's Zelo?" Jongup asked looking around for his friend.

"I don't know. He just took off." I shrugged. "He'll be fine. He should know the area pretty well right?"

Jongup just nodded, but I caught him say under his breath: "Yeah... It's just that Zelo isn't from Seoul..."

A bit of guilt made me think twice about leaving him behind, but I forgot about it when I saw this really cute dress in the window across the street....

Hey! It's not my fault that I get so easily distracted!

 


Has anyone seen the movie Up?

Remember how Doug is like "Squirrel!"?

I get distracted just like that... 

:P

Anyway, hope you don't mind this not all that funny chapter and stick around for next time!

Don't forget to comment! ^^