Really? Cookies Again?

The New Girl Game

We walked to some of the shops behind the school.

"You're really violent today..." Zelo muttered as he rubbed the spot where I punched him.

"I'm like this everyday." I shrugged. "Now come on! You own me desserts"

"How'd that happen?!"

"Hey, I just saved your pretty boy face! Anyway, my tummy is telling me it wants homemade cookies."

Yes, cookies again.

Don't judge me, I'm a cookie lover.

"Fine... Wait! Did you say homemade?"

 

Our bus came up from around the street, and I was too distracted to answer him.

 Zelo and I looked at each other, "Race?" we asked together.

Not needing to even get an answer, we bolted off to the bus stop.

And yes, I did win but Zelo didn't seem to think so...

"I won!" I shouted though heavy pants.

"No!" Zelo argued, also breathing heavily, "I won!"

By the time we got to my house we were still fighting over who won.

"Why can't you just admit that a girl beat you?!" I shouted.

"Because you didn't beat me! I beat you!"

 

I opened my door and took off my shoes. Zelo did the same and followed my to the kitchen.

"Have you ever made cookies before?" I asked.

He shook his head.

"Really?"

Zelo flicked my forehead, "I tried to tell you! Plus I'm a guy! Do you really think I would make cookies for fun?!" 

I rubbed my forehead, "No need to be so sensitive about it...", and walked over to a shelf. Looking at the books, I tried to find my favorite cookbook.

"Ah! Here it is!" I smiled.

Problem!

I couldn't reach it!

(Seriously why did Unnie put the shelf so high up?! She's only like three inches taller than me!)

Standing on my tippy-toes didn't work, so I tried jumping. Still, I couldn't reach it.

Now would be the perfect time to cue some romantic drama OSTs.

"Let me get it for you shorty." he smirked.

Zelo towered over me and could easily reach up and grab the book.

 

Okay, can I tell you how awkward that moment was?

Maybe I wasn't used to him standing so close to me or something, but my heart kept racing and my palms started to sweat!

But, I was still glad to have gotten my cookbook. I wiped off a little dust off the cover and turned to an easy cookie recipe.

"Here! I bet you can do this!"

Zelo's face , "Shortbread cookies? I've never had shortbread cookies before..."

"Well, I guess I can let you have one after you make them..." I smirked.

"Aren't you going to help?"

"We'll see..."

 

I pulled out the flour, sugar, butter and sprinkles, grabbed the measuring cups and bowl, then made my way to the dining table with a new book.

When I left the room , I heard Zelo started to panic.

"What do I do with this stuff?!" he asked in the middle of a freakout.

"Just follow the recipe!" I shouted from the dining table. 

After getting out everything he needed, I assumed he had enough common sense to read the recipe.

The poor guy looked so confused...

Sighing, I closed my book and grabbed an apron.

"First, you need to measure out the flour." I said while trying to tie up my apron.

"You know, this is a lot more work than I thought.. Maybe I should get a kiss or something?"

I scoffed, "Hah! In you dreams! Did you measure out that flour yet?"

So we measured everything we needed, melted the butter and threw in the sprinkles. Next, we mixed everything together.

"Why can't you just use a mixer?" Zelo complained.

"Cookies are made with dough! That's why it's 'cookie dough ice cream'! It's not called 'cookie batter'!"

I took the spatula and mixed everything together. As the cookie dough started to come together, my arms started to get tired.

From behind me, Zelo chuckled, "Where's all that upper body strength from earlier?" he asked.

Truthfully, I don't know.

"Hey Zelo if you're taking over, can I leave?"

"No. I like having you next to me."

I didn't say anything.

"It's weird, I've only known you for, what? A little more than a month? But... it feels like I know you better than I know Jongup!"

"Zelo..." I sighed.

This was a problem.

"The dough is ready, just shape the cookies throw them in the oven..." I slipped out from his arms and took off the apron. "Bake for 20 minutes and let them cool for 10. If you need me, I'll be in my room."

 

So yeah... I grabbed my book on the table and went into my room. My unicorn PillowPet (sent from my wonderful friends in the U.S) looked at me with wide eyed, as if it knew the answer to my predicament.

"Mr. Chattercorn... What should I do?" I muttered. "He likes me a lot..."

"Easy, you like him too right?."

I looked up, "Mr. Chattercorn? You can talk?"

"Uhh, no."

"So am I just going crazy?"

"Turn around babo!"

I groaned, "Do I have to? I'm too tired" But I got up anyway. "Youngmin? What are you doing here?" I really needed to start locking my window...

"Just to confirm something." he smiled, "You knew about the game right?"

"Game?" I sat confused for a second "Oh, that new girl game."

"So you did know!" he laughed, "I had a feeling that you figured it out!"

I scoffed, "How could you doubt my intelligence? But seriously, why the heck are you in my room?"

"I wanted to congratulate you for beating us at our own game."

"And you had to climb up a tree to do it?"

"Yes."

"..."

"Well, I'll be going now! Have fun on your date with Zelo! See you tomorrow!" and he started to climb back down the tree.

"That was weird..."

 

A little later the smell of burnt cookies and smoke floated up to my room

"ZELO!!!" I screamed as I ran back downstairs.

The kitchen was filled with smoke and on top of the oven was a tray of burning cookies.

Yes, I did say burning cookies.

Like, they were really on fire.

"How does someone set fire to cookies?!" I yelled.

"Oh hey Soojin," he smiled sheepishly, "Where's the fire extinguisher?"

"For the love of....!"

Thank God that we just bought a fire extinguisher the other day...

"Stand back!"

My poor cookies... I was really craving them....

"Heh, sorry Soojin..." Zelo bowed, "I didn't think that they would end up like that..."

I sighed, "At least I know to never leave you alone in the kitchen..." I put the fire extinguisher down, "Are you okay?"

"I think so..." he said.

I knew him way better than that.

"Liar..." I grabbed his arms and saw the burns. "Babo... There's no way you can be okay with this!"

Careful not to touch the burns, I dragged him up to sink and the cold water.

"Stay here!" I commanded as I ran up to the bathroom to get my toothpaste.

Now I dragged him to the dining table and applied the toothpaste to his burn.

"Does it still hurt?" I asked

He nodded.

"Good."

I breathed a sigh of relief and....

...

...

...

kissed him.

 


I apologize for the cheesiness of this chapter, but I really couldn't help it!

Most of this was written during Valentine's Day and I was inspired by the homemade cookies all my friends got....

Oh, and the ending...

How many of you expected something like that to happen?

Come on, you probably saw it coming...

Well, hope you liked it so far and I'll probably be updating the last chapter either later today or tomorrow!

Until next time!

^^