Late Night Bonding

The New Girl Game

Lunch, if you wanted to know, was amazing!

It was like a dream come true for me!

(Except, I really wanted a cookie but they didn't have any...) 

Jaehwa told me that lunch like that was normal.

Aigoo! Why can't school lunch in America be this good?

When I get back home, I have to write a letter to the First Lady. If she wants kids to eat better then I have an idea so much better than shrinking my food!

Anyway, after I finished lunch, classes began again. 

I probably should have been taking notes on what the teacher was saying... Apparently we had a huge test coming up soon...

In my defense, I was distracted by the guys in my class. You know what, guys that appeared to be normal were Youngmin, Zelo and the other guys I saw in that room. (Which I guess they would be, since they did just team up together.)

Everyone else were just desprate. A few even acted like creepers and creepers scare the crap out of me.

 

Okay, before I go any further, let me take a moment to say something to those guys who followed me around everywhere:

If you want to win a girl over, stop being creepers! Other wise, you're going to end up like that guy in Jieun's Going Crazy!

 

Now that I have that out of my system, back to the story!

A few hours later, school ended but we couldn't go straight home. Before anyone could leave, we had to clean the school. 

You think I'm joking? I'm not kidding!

Students actually have to clean up after themselves.

But, I didn't complain. I didn't have the right to since I didn't really do anything. My teacher told me that since I was new, I didn't have to do anything if I didn't want to and of course, I didn't.

Seriously, who would actually want to clean up after teenagers?

Come on admit it, you know what pigs we can be!

Anyway, I went off topic again! But basically, with some free time on our hands, Jaehwa decided to take me on a tour of the school.

Maybe I should have been paying attention, but I was too busy with my own thoughts and schemes...

"Earth to Soojin!" A hand waved in front of my face. "Were you even listening?"

"Nope." I admitted.

Hey, if you're going to space out, I think that it's better to just say so. Unless it's in class and the teacher is standing behind you... That happened to me once...

Not a good idea...

Jaehwa sighed, "You haven't changed at all... Well, at least let me in on what you're thinking! A boyfriend maybe?"

I scoffed, "Where were you a month ago?"

"So it was a recent break up?"

Gosh, she would not give up! Why do our friends care so much about our love life? Really, instead of looking into ours, they should get their own...

"Think what you want... Oh! I have a question for you! Do you know any of these guys?" I began naming off some of the people that the boys were talking about. When it came to Jongup's name, I caught Jaehwa flinching.

"Ha! I saw that!" I shouted. "Tell me!"

Jaehwa suddenly dropped her cool attitude and started running down the hall like a scared little girl. Definitly not Jaehwa like...

"Oh, so when I'm the one asking the questions it's okay to just run!" I shouted as I chased after her.

But then, out of no where, a random banana peel appeared!

I ended up slipping on it and face-planted the floor.

Which made no sense! I saw a Mythbusters on this! One banana peel does not make a person fall on their face! A few hundred maybe, but not one!

My friend stopped running and came back to see if I was okay. "Did you just trip?"

"No, I just decided to face-plant the floor! Of course I tripped!" I sat up on the floor and rubbed my sore nose. "Do you have a mirror on you? I think I might have bruised my nose or something."

"Uhh yeah, here. It looks fine to me though." Jaehwa pulled a strangly cute Hello Kitty compact from her uniform's pocket.

It seriously did not fit her tough girl image at all. Jaehwa's strong eyeliner and dark eye shadow, bright lipstick, plus her short but very chic hair. I couldn't help but laugh at the very out of place mirror.

"What's so funny?!" she demanded, "If you're going to be like that, I want the mirror back!"

I ignored her and looked at my reflection again to see if my hair flew out of place. Thankfully it wasn't bad, but sometimes I wish that I had short hair instead....

So I handed the mirror back to Jaehwa who carefully returned it to her pocket. It must have been a very special gift.

"From a boyfriend?" I joked. Jaehwa looked up wide-eyed. It looked like I stuck a nerve.

"It's from an ex." She sighed, "The jerk..."

"Jongup?" I guessed as I picked myself up from the ground.

Jaehwa turned to look out the window, "Yeah... How'd you know?"

I'm just that good. (Thank you random crime shows)

"Long story?" I asked again.

"Yup..."

Apparently, Jaehwa moved into town at for her first year of high school. Quiet Jongup was the only one who didn't stalk her like a creeper on the first day, so she ended hanging out with him most of the time. From there, they got really close, she started to like him, Jaehwa eventually confessed, Jongup accepted, but a week later he broke things off without saying anything.

"Was it because of the game?" I accidently wondered out loud.

Jaehwa's eyes nearly popped out of her head, "Game? What game? There was a game?!"

Crap...

I didn't want her to find out. But now that the cat was out of the bag, I had no other choice but to explain everything I had overheard earlier and what I figured out. And if you thought I was mad, you should have seen Jaehwa. For a moment, I seriously thought she would explode or something!

Well, I guess that she technically did...

A moment later, she charged through the hallway like an angry rhino. And as much as I would have loved to see one of those insensitive jerks beaten up, my own plans were more important.

"Jaehwa! Calm down!" I yelled as I started chasing her again, "I have an idea!"

"Unless it involves my fist in some guy's face, I'm not listening!"

"What if it does?!"

Jaehwa stopped in her tracks, "I'm in."

True be told, I lied. My plan was more of a one person kind of plan and I didn't really want to physically hurt them just for the sake of the heart broken (who I didn't really even know).

Oh no, you would need to piss my off much more than that.

But I couldn't have Jaehwa blowing my cover so I lied and made sure that she wouldn't do anything that would let the guys know I was on to them.

What was my plan you ask?

Simple.

Play along and make them regret even wanting to play this game.

We girls aren't just some prizes to be won...

 

Later that night, I sat in my room doing some homework and I let me tell you that I was starving. Unnie was working overtime so I was home alone with no food. I was so glad that Unnie gave me her credit card so I could order take out.

Knock knock

Someone tapped on my window and yes, I screamed...

Hey, don't give me that look! My room was on the 2nd floor! The only way to get there would be to climb up the tree! If that doesn't scream suspicious, then something is seriously wrong with you...

I gathered up my courage and pulled the curtain to see who it was.

Zelo.

I frowned, debated what to do and eventually decided to let him in. The second he set his foot on the floor, I yelled at him.

"What the freak are you doing here?!?" I demanded.

"Calm down! I have your food!" Zelo reached out and pulled in a huge delivery bag filled with my dinner. But Zelo refused to give it to me.

I pouted, "Yah! Hand it over! I paid for it!"

"Can I eat it with you?" Zelo asked.

I threw him a fierce look. "Are you crazy?"

"Come on Soojin! I haven't had dinner yet too!"

My tummy started growling, I had no choice but to agree "Fine... Just don't make a mess..."

Zelo took off his shoes and placed them by the window. He felt free to make himself at home and took a seat on the floor. I placed my placemats down and sat next to him.

"So, do you work as a delivery boy?" I asked curiously.

He shook his head, "No, I just saw the delivery guy outside and asked if I could deliver it for him."

"Then how the heck did you know this was my house?!?"

Didn't he also follow me to school this morning? Seriously... Why did I have to be stuck with all the creeps?

Zelo laughed, "That's a secret!"

He pulled out a set of foldable chopsticks from his pocket and started taking out all of the food. I let him keep the rice and all of the side dishes as long as he promised not to touch my kimchi stew.

"If you even touch my kimchi stew, I will throw you out the window." I threatened.

But he just laughed it off and started eating, "I doubt you'd be able to pick me up. Your arms look pretty thin."

I stayed silent and let him enjoy his moment of witty victory. (Which wasn't a very witty comeback in the first place)

I thought it would be better not to let him know about my insane amount of upper body strength.

Throwing a guy out the window would be as easy as throwing a paper airplane.

Actually, I think that's how I met Jaehwa. I was really mad at this guy for taking my cookie at lunch so I threw him across the room. Then this girl who had a crush on him came up and picked a fight with me.

I don't remember who won, but we became best buddies after that.

Anyway, back to Zelo in my room...

He got bored sitting around in the quiet, so he started playing some songs on his iPod. Most if the songs he played were hip hop.

And I LOVE hip hop.

I started to freak out over all the songs that started playing. For a moment, I completely forgot about my plan and just fangirled like crazy. Zelo fanboyed with me and we started talking about who-knows-what and everything in between.

We eventually finished all the food and Zelo started climbing down the tree with the dirty dishes.

Even though my first impression of Zelo wasn't the best, I have to say that I didn't expect for the two of us to have so much in common!

It was crazy! We liked the same music, the same food, the same TV shows, even the same video games!

Other than Zelo's completely different personality, he could have been my soul mate.

But then... I remembered that he was trying to get me to like him...

Aigoo... Why is the world so cruel?

"Oh! I almost forgot! I live in the house across the street! So if you need anything just knock on my door!"

I guess that was how he knew were I lived. Still a little creepy, but not as creepy as I thought. I just nodded as I watched him climb down the tree. When the huge delivery box hit the ground safely, I walked away from the window.

"Oh! I still have something to tell you!" I turned around and saw Zelo back in my window.

"Aish! Just go away already! I gave you food didn't I?" I yelled half playfully, half irritated.

"Sorry! But I forgot to apologize for landing on top of you earlier! That must have been embarrassing..."

I walked over to the window again, "You think? Now can you leave? I have some homework that needs to get done!"

He laughed and started back down the tree, "Okay fine! I'll see you tomorrow then!"

Zelo hopped down safely and brought the delivery box to my front door, then ran back to his house.

You know, underneath all that arrogance and fake 'swag', Zelo was a pretty nice guy.

 Too bad he had to go and play this game. And messing with a nice guy was going to be a lot fun...


Yay! Second chapter! Tell me what you think!

I know I'm pretty random sometimes, so I hope you don't mind!

Oh! And did you listen to Going Crazy? I love that song! (>w<) Bang Yongguk and Himchan are in it!!

Okay, bye bye you guys! Until next time!