That Guy Who Stole My Cookie

The New Girl Game

Normally I would spend my Saturday like this: sleep until noon, take a late shower, grab some super comfy sweat pants, and chill on the couch watching some Hetaila.

But sadly, today was not one of those days...

(And I just found out that Funimation just dubbed Hetaila World Series!)

This Saturday, I had no other choice but to get up at 7 AM.

After dragging myself to the bathroom for a shower, I went back to my room to get dressed.

Oh, but guess who's sitting on my windowsill!

Zelo!

Why I didn't lock my windows, I'll never know...

I gripped the towel covering my body even tighter.

"Yah! What the beep are you doing here?!?!" I screamed.

I used a free hand to grab the closest throwable object within reach, which just happened to be a lamp.

"Soojin! Put down the bear shaped lamp!!!" Zelo held his hands up defensively. "I'll just turn around!!!"

He should have known better than to just 'turn around'.

Still pissed off, I ended up throwing my lamp at him, which missed and hit the wall instead. After the echo of broken glass, the sound of my Unnie's angry footsteps echoed just outside my door.

It burst open and there stood Unnie.

And boy was she mad....

"SOOJIN!!! Explain why you just had to wake me up by breaking something?!?!"

You could tell by Unnie's bed-head, dark circles, and blood shot eyes that she had a hangover.

Hangovers and angry never mix well. I just hope she doesn't get too violent...

Unnie glared at me for a second, still in my towel holding up another book, and then she saw Zelo.

"Uhh, h-hi N-noona! I'm you're neighbor from down the street and-!"

Poor guy didn't even get to finish his sentence...

Like an angry dinosaur, Unnie charged at Zelo, used her crazy upper body strenght to pick him up, and then proceeded to throw him out the window.

"I'M SO SICK OF THIS!" yelled Unnie at Zelo after he flew out screaming.

"Unnie! Why did you do that?!" I shouted.

I ran to the window.

"Thank God... My new flowers are okay..." I breathed out relieved

Seriously, if he had landed on my lillies, I would have dragged him up back to me room and thrown him out again...

Oh, and for all of you wondering about his safety, don't worry so much!

Zelo was perfectly fine.

Jongup and Youngmin broke his fall quite nicely.

"Thanks for not crushing my garden!" I shouted from my widow as they all got back up to their feet.

Unnie stuck her head out the window, "If you guys want to get in my house, just ring the freaking doorbell! And stop sernading my sister!" she then turned to me, "Soojin, just clean all of this up... I'm going back to bed... Don't wake me again..."

She stomped back to bed, leaving me to get quickly dressed. The doorbell rang like Unnie wanted and I ran to down to let the boys in.  But, there was no way I was cleaning up my broken lamp. It was Zelo's fault! He should be the one to clean it up!

"Sorry Soojin, I'll get you another lamp..." said Zelo.

"Don't bother, they don't make this model anymore..."

"I'll make it up to you eventually!" he promised. But I wasn't really listening...

By then, I turned my attention to Youngmin and Jongup. Something wasn't right... Someone was missing.

"So where's Kwangmin? I thought he was coming too." I asked Youngmin.

Youngmin shrugged, "Something happened to his motorcycle and he told me to go without him."

Secretly, I wondered if he was just with that really pretty girl from Class 3... He seemed to like her a lot... Wonder why he never asked her out...?

Zelo finished cleaning up his mess and I heard the doorbell ring again.

"Hey Jaehwa!" I smiled as I opened the door.

"Hi Soojin!" she greeted cheerfully, then turning to the others she said a little less cheerfully, "Hey Youngmin, Zelo." Jaehwa threw dagger eyes at Jongup before greeting him coldly, "Jongup..."

I did my best to keep Jaehwa away from the guys and as far away from Jongup as possible. If I had left her alone with those guys, who knows what could have happened.

Too bad those guys didn't know how hard I worked to keep them safe... (Other than the window thing with Unnie...)

 

Eventually, we left my house and got on a bus headed for...

Actually, I don't even know where we went.

But it had a lot of small shops and stuff!

It was really cool area with a lot of cafes and indie shops lined up on a narrow street. There were students, both college and high school, everywhere.

I understood why.

Seriously that place, whatever it's called, was so much fun!

 

Out of the corner of my eye, I spotted Jongup glancing over at Jaehwa every once in awhile. And while Jaehwa would deny it, I knew that she did the same.

An hour of this and I knew that Jongup and Jaehwa were obviously going to have some kind of moment...

I used my grumbling tummy as an excuse to leave them alone. I dragged Youngmin and Zelo away to buy me some food, but I could help myself. I just had to know what happened... So I watched them from the store window.

"What are you doing?" asked Zelo.

"Shh! I'm watching one of my best friends and her ex-boyfriend together!"

"Seriously? Is that why you dragged us here?" inquired Youngmin.

"SHH!!!!"

From the looks of things, Jongup gave a few "I'm sorry"s, Jaehwa shook it off and yelled at him. Then she tried to slap him, but he grabbed her hand.

Oh boy, I wish I could fully express how awesome that moment was...

It was like watching the filming of a Korean drama!

Anyway after that Jaehwa broke down in tears. Jongup tried to get her to stop, but then just as I swear they were going to kiss-! 

"Excuse me, do you guys need anything?"

"Just one second!" I shouted to the voice in the store.

A shocked Zelo ran out the door and I diverted my attention to back out the window to my friend obviously back together with her ex...

"Dang it!" I shouted. They had definitely kissed or something.... "I can't believe I missed it!"

"Uh, Soojin..." Youngmin tapped on my shoulder to get my attention, "I think we need to buy some cookies..." he said while pointing to the guy at the counter staring at us.

My tummy grumbled once again, "Oh yeah, I guess I should buy some huh?"

I looked at the stuff on sale and selected a few ginger snaps and chocolate chip cookies, along with some cake.

"That will be about 20,000 won." said cashier. "Wait... Soojin?"

The sound of my name caught my attention and I looked at the guy more closely, "Gwaja? You're in Korea too?"

"Still calling me that huh?" the boy laughed and continued talking in English, "Well, it was nice to see you again Soojin. Enjoy your cookies."

I couldn't believe that I had run into him again! Without even realizing it, I had left the store and found myself walking into a street lamp.

Thankfully, Youngmin grabbed my arm before I stepped off the sidewalk and onto the road....

"Yah! Be careful!!!"

I wasn't listening, I was still too distracted by the guy we ran into...

Youngmin asked, "Soojin... Who was that guy? And why did you call him Gwaja?"

"Because he stole my cookie when we were kids..."

Yes... He was the guy who stole my cookie and the same guy I threw across the room for stealing it....

"But who is he?" asked Youngmin again.

"His name is David... He's my ex-boyfriend..."

 


Fun fact! Gwaja (or Kwaja) is one way to say cookie in Korean!

Sorry for the slow updates, but a lot has happened lately and yeah....

Hope that this chapter doesn't disappoint!

Comment and tell me what you think!