Awkward...

The New Girl Game

School the next day was a lot easier than the day before.

I got a new alarm clock so I woke up on time.

I have mixed feelings about that... After all, who likes waking up in the morning? But on the bright side my alarm went off earlier than Unnie's so I didn't get stuck with cold water!

Oh yeah! Unnie also bought some cereal last night, so I didn't go off to school on an empty tummy! And my apparent neighbor Zelo was waiting outside my door to make sure I got on the right bus to school.

And as an added bonus, most of the guys stopped harassing me! Yet, I noticed that Youngmin and Zelo (plus their friends) hung around me more and were definitely making an effort to get close to me.

Let me tell you that those guys weren't every creative. 

Comparing them to some common drama archetypes, Youngmin would be that one perfect guy that everyone loves, but by some strange twist of fate, he ends up being your friend.

But Zelo on the other hand would definitely be more like that neighbor you hated at first, but slowly grew to like because he helped you out all the time.

After school, what the guys would do would be straight from the Q&A on my first day.

Sometimes Youngmin would invite me to karaoke or take me out to an arcade with a bunch of kids in our class. Every once in awhile, Zelo would stop by my house to give me some McDonalds apple pies for an afternoon snack (which I did not mind at all. It was like a dream come true. Like I said, I love apple pies!).

But it wasn't like the boys never thought outside the box.

Every once in awhile a guy would mysteriously show up at my house and would do something really weird.

A few would try to serenade me (but would stop when my Unnie started throwing stuff at them from the window) Some would read some poetry (once again stopped by my Unnie's amazing aim). 

Oh! There was this one time when a guy actually asked if I wanted a to go on a ride with him on his motorcycle.

This may sound cool to you but you haven't seen Korea's driving... and I happen to value my life more than a date with a cute guy...

My usual daily pattern was pretty much like this in one way or another.

Days turned into weeks and before I knew it, a month had passed. But it's not like I wasted that month being pampered like a princess.

Oh no, that wouldn't be fair to all the other girls who had no idea this game was going on!

I had to gather intel on the game for future new girls. So after school, Jaehwa and I would sneak around places guys would commonly flock to and we would spy on them.

From what we learned, it wasn't the alliance formed with Zelo and Youngmin. Guys were dropping out because the first stage was taking too long. It was the longest first stage in history of the new girl games.

Apparently, in order to move on to the next stage, I would have to make it clear about who I preferred to hang out with one way or another.

I guess knowing that everything was a lie made me put up some shields... I would have to find a way to drop them somehow...

 "Why not take them to a park or something?" Jaehwa suggested.

I stopped sweeping the classroom floor and thought about her suggestion.

We usually tried to talk about the game only when we were off of school grounds, but we needed to come up with something now. If I waited any longer guys might start to figure out I knew something...

"I guess that would work... But like on a date? Wouldn't that be the same as confessing?"

"You could say that someone was supposed to show you around the city, but they canceled..." Jaehwa suggested again.

"That could work! Plus I still take the wrong bus to school on occasion, so I'm not really lying..." I reasoned.

Jaehwa rolled her eyes, "Are you serious?! Then how do you even get to school?!"

I stopped cleaning again and said, "I guess it's thanks to Zelo. He usually follows me on my way to school and makes sure I end up going the right way."

"Huh, you'd never expect him to act so thoughtful. I wonder why he's being like he is with you...."

"It must be just the game..." I sighed.

Call me crazy, but I wonder that if it could be possible that after all of this, I could really be friends with everyone.

A month into this game and it was already wearing me down....

 

After we finished in the classroom, I found Youngmin and his brother. I prayed that this would work, gathered my courage and ran up to them.

"Youngmin! Kwangmin!" I shouted.

The twins turned and spoke simultaneously, "Hey! What's up?"

"Nothing... I just got some bad news..."

My plan was to slowly trick them into asking me and it seemed to be starting off okay...

"Aww, what's the matter?" Youngmin asked, his face full of concern.

"A friend of mine was supposed to take me on a tour of the city this weekend, but just canceled..." I threw in a pout to try to convince them even more.

Youngmin seemed to believe me and said, "Oh, I'm sorry. Did you already clear up your Saturday?"

I nodded.

Kwangmin looked at his brother. "Hyung, I think we're free on Saturday." The older twin nodded and turned to me, "We can take you on that tour if you want."

"Really?!"

I swear that I could win Best Actress... "It's not a problem for you guys?" I put on some doe eyes and tried my best to appear hopeful.

"Of course not!" Kwangmin smiled at me.

Aigoo... Those two brothers were very, very, very cute... It was almost painful to look at them smile.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" I squealed excitedly.

Once again, I have to say I'm a pretty good actress... Actually I'm surprised that my plan worked... But then...

"What's going on over here?" A tall shadow engulfed me.

It was Zelo... Only he could be so tall...

Oh! Jongup was there too. He was just so quiet that I almost forgot about him...

I told them about our plans for the weekend. I wasn't sure how's Zelo would react, but I don't think he took it very well.

Youngmin glared at him as I spoke. The tension was so high that I swear that one of those anime lighting blots flashed between the two.

"Do you mind if we go with you hyung? It sounds pretty fun." asked Zelo.

The twins just stared at him harshly for a moment and didn't say anything(que more anime lighting).

Seriously, it was a pretty awkward moment for me... So I answered for them!

"Of course you can! The more the merrier right?" I forced out an awkward laugh.

Tensions still rising I knew I had to get out of there.

"Well, I got to go now..." I quickly thought up of an excuse "Jaehwa needs me to help her bake some cookies or something..."

I caught Jongup flinching at her name, but seriously I didn't care at all.

The atmosphere was so intense I just wanted to book it. I didn't care that I had just told a lie.

But it wasn't like I really lied. I did meet up with Jaehwa like a minute later.

"So how'd it go?" she asked.

"Great? I think that I have four guys touring me around the city instead of one..."

"Four guys?! I thought you were just going to ask Youngmin?!"

"Yeah, but then his twin seemed like he wanted to come and then Zelo popped out of no where with Jongup and asked if he could come along and-!"

Jaehwa held up her hand to stop me from talking too fast again. She looked pretty mad. "Jongup's going? Well, looks like I'm joining your little party this weekend..."

Just great right? My weekend seems to be getting better and better.

First the two of my guy friends (who aren't really my friends) seem like they're about ready to kill each other.

Then someone's brother (although very cute) wants to tag along with us on Saturday, and come on, everyone with a sibling should know how awkward they make things...

Plus! My friend wants to join too because her ex-boyfriend is coming with Zelo!

Aigoo... Saturday was going to be so much fun...


Yay! Another chapter! ^o^

Wow, with all my school stuff, I'm surprised I got this chapter out so fast!

I hope you can forgive me for not being so funny in this chapter and keep on reading!

Comment below on what you think so far!

Bye bye for now! ^^