First English Session

Playboy's lie

 

CHAPTER THREE; FIRST ENGLISH SESSION


page-divider-105.gif 

 

It never was going to be an ordinary day. Tao knew that from the moment on he woke up. For others it would be an ordinary day of course, since it's the first day on a new school, but Tao never wanted to be here. So why should it be ordinary? Because he met the mean boy called Kris? Well, that just made everything even worse, not better. But not everything was bad about this day, right? He met Chanyeol and Baekhyun, they made the day a bit better. But it still wasn't an ordinary day for Tao. And the fact that he already had English on the first day didn't helped at all.

 

So he just sat there and waited for the teacher to arrive, listening to Luhan's and Baekhyun's conversation. Xiumin and Chanyeol weren't here, they had English another time and in a special class, not with Tao and his friends. Why? Well, their English was better, good enough to get in the class for smart people. So only Luhan and Baekhyun were here with Tao, which didn't bother the panda boy that much, because he could focus on English while Luhan bothered or more annoyed Baekhyun, who seemed to have pretty much fun talking with Luhan. Lucky Tao, huh? No one would bother him when he wants to learn English, he just could learn. And maybe he should ask Xiumin or Chanyeol if they can teach him English? That could be a way...

 

The closed door opened, letting the panda-eyes having boy hope the teacher would finally come, but no, instead of the teacher a few other students walked in the classroom, one of them was a well known one. Blond hair, very tall and cold eyes looking through the class with an annoyed gaze. Kris. Tao gulped, why did that boy had to be here? He didn't seem to be in the same age of the black-haired guy, he seemed older, so why the hell was he here, in the same English class with Tao? Was he just like Luhan and had waited a year before he went to school? Or did he do a class two times? But if he did... then why?

 

What the hell is he doing here?”, Tao asked, more himself than someone else. But of course, Baekhyun and Luhan heard him and looked up, straight to Kris. “Oh no, not him. And look, his friends Sehun and this Kai guy are here too!”, Luhan said, pointing with a nod to the two boys who now stood behind Kris, waiting for him to tell them where to sit. Sehun and Kai, but where was the last boy, this... Chen? Yeah, Chen was his name. Was he in the special class too? Or maybe he was a class over them? Or maybe he didn't took English? Wait... can you even not take English? Tao wasn't sure, since English was so important...

 

Why are they here? They don't seem in our ages for me...”, Luhan wondered and looked at his panda like friend. The asked boy shrugged, not knowing what to answer him since he didn't know it as well. Baekhyun was surprise who they were talking about and tilted his head slightly to the side. “Who are you talking about?”, he asked them and looked around, searching for the boys Luhan and Tao were talking about. It wasn't really easy since the class was full of students, most of them were strangers for him and he didn't know who Kris, Sehun or Kai was. “The three boys at the door...”, Tao explained before he looked down at his own book, trying to read what stood there which wasn't that easy since it was all in English.

 

Oh, you mean Yifan? He's taking the class again because he wasn't here a lot the last year and he hadn't good marks at all, my friend who was in his class last year told me that. So he takes it again. And the others, those friends of him, are new here, I don't know how they know each other. But Yifan or how you call him, Kris, was in the same middle school with me.”; Baekhyun explained his new two friends. Luhan and Tao both turned their head to look at Baekhyun and stared at him with widen eyes. “You know him?!”, they both asked him, both seemed to be really shocked. The Korean boy nodded a bit confused, wondering why his new Chinese friends were so shocked. “We kinda are old friends...”, he admitted, making the others being even more shocked. “Woah... poor you Baekhyun!”, Luhan said, patting the brown haired boy's shoulder. “Why? He's a funny boy he always helped me with English~”, Baekhyun said and chuckled, he didn't knew what he made with Tao with saying those things.

 

Tao now had to look to Kris again. He's good in English? Maybe he could help me with it then... Wait, Tao, what the are you thinking?! He's a mean boy, don't even dare to think of asking him to teach you English! He just would laugh at you and bully you again, pabo. The panda boy thought and gave him a huge facepalm in his minds. After what happened between him and the mean Kris earlier, how could he even think of asking Kris for help? That was just stupid from him, Kris would never be okay with teaching him anyway. He would laugh, push him away and say so mean things to Tao before leaving him alone. So why embarrassing himself and asking the tall boy for help? Never ever.

 

After Kris and his friends finally chose their seats which sadly was near of the three other boys, the teacher finally arrived. Brown short hair, long legs and a huge smile on his face – the teacher seemed to be nice. At least nicer than other persons here. “Hello, it's nice to meet you all. I'm your teacher, please call me Mr. Zhang”, the teacher said in English, bowing to the class and making his smile even brighter. I wonder if he always smiles like this... Tao thought. He kinda already liked the teacher, but that was normal, right? Since he seemed so nice and his voice also sounded nice, so why shouldn't Tao like this boy. It was at least better than a teacher that seemed to be all unfriendly and mean.

 

Please introduce yourself to everyone so we all get to know each other, okay? We start from the first left line.”, Mr. Zhang said in English again and pointed to the student who sat there. The student nodded and stood up. “Hello, I am Do Kyungsoo, I am 17 years old and from Korea.”, the boy introduced himself, of course in English, and bowed lightly before he sat down again, having a smile on his lips. After him a girl stood up, bowing gentle before saying “I'm Tai Lin, I am 18 years old and from Shanghai.” And so everyone introduced themselves, few of them smiling, some others looking all mean like Kris.

 

Talking about Kris, Tao had to admit that Kris was good at speaking English. They also got to know why he was so good in it because he explained it. Kris lived in Canada for a long time and everyone knows, in Canada they speak English and sometimes French. So actually he would be a good teacher for Tao since the English in Canada is like the same as the English in America. But still, it was Kris, the mean boy who got mad because they bumped together, Tao won't ask him to teach him English. He had to find another way...

 

Okay, now since we're done with introducing, I will put you all in groups, always 2 people in one group. Then I'll give you a task to do. Okay? Okay. So, let me look”, Mr. Zhang said and took the list with the names from his students, looking through it to see who to put in a group together. “Do Kyungsoo and Byun Baekhyun, Kim Jongin and Jun Shan, Kuan Rui and Tai Lin, Wu Yifan and Huang Zitao, Oh Sehun and Luhan” Tao stopped listening to the teacher after he heard his own name. Huang Zitao and Wu Yifan... He had to work with this Kris guy. Why with Kris? There are so many students in this class but of course, Tao had to work with this mean boy. This day really didn't want to be a good day for Tao, huh?

 

Tao sighed, earning a compassionate view of Luhan. He wondered if Luhan was happy with the person he got paired up, since it was Sehun and Sehun was a friend of Kris. But he helped the panda boy earlier, so he can't be that bad, right? He looked to Luhan and smiled softly, giving him the signal that he'll be okay. It's just for one task, I'll get through it. And who knows, maybe Kris isn't that mean, maybe Baekhyun was right.., Tao thought.

 

After everyone sat together with his or her partner, Mr. Zhang explained what to do: “Okay, now your task. Since it's our first session together it won't be hard, just a little task to get to know each other better. Each group will get this paper, on it are some questions written. And you just have to ask your partner those questions, and if we have time later we'll make that you have to tell us more about your partner then.” The teacher took out a few papers and started giving every student one paper.

 

Tao looked at his paper, reading the questions. Favourite colour, hobbies, music he/she likes, favourite sport, biggest dream... so much I have to ask Kris... he thought and looked over to his work partner who didn't give him any attention till now. “Uhm... D-do you want to start Yifan?” Tao asked him, more like a whisper. He didn't want that Kris would be all mean to him again, but Kris wouldn't do anything now, right? Since they had class right now.

 

First, don't call me Yifan. Only my friends are allowed to call me Yifan and you, little clumsy boy, are not my friend. You have to call me Kris. And then, since it's English, we have to talk in English, do you understand that? Well, if not, then you'll have a problem.”, Kris said calmly and cold. Tao nodded slowly and sighed quietly, this won't be fun. Not at all. He hoped his English was good enough for Kris, he didn't wanted to make the tall boy laugh at him. His pronouncing wasn't the best, he knew that. But he didn't want Kris to know that. He also didn't want Kris to know that he wasn't that good in English.

 

Okay, now let's start. You ask me first and hurry, I don't want to waste all my time with you”, Kris now said in fluent English. He even seemed to have a better pronouncing than the teacher. Tao gulped and nodded slowly, looking at his paper again. He should start with the first question and work through the paper then, right? Yes, he should...

 

What is your favourite colour?”, Tao asked and hoped his English sounded good, well, at least better than it normally sounded like. “Blue.” Kris replied, not looking at his partner and waited till Tao finished writing to answer his next question. Tao nodded and read the second question quietly, loud enough for Kris to hear it though. “Favourite sport?” - “Soccer, basketball.” Okay, this wasn't as bad as Tao thought it would be. Maybe it was because Kris didn't say much and all what he said was easy to understand.

 

I wonder if he can understand my English... Tao thought, looking at Kris for a short while before writing the next answers down. His hobbies are soccer and basketball? I didn't think that, he doesn't look like a person who has those hobbies... He more looks like someone who smokes in his free time and being all cool like... Maybe Baekhyun was right, maybe he's really nice. Maybe he just doesn't like when someone brings him to fall... Okay, to be honest, who would like that?, Tao asked himself in his mind and sighed, why did he thought so much about the other boy. He just should quickly ask all those questions now so he can go back to Luhan and Baekhyun.

 

Speaking of Luhan, how was he doing? He has to work with this Sehun guy, Tao wondered if they had the same awkward conversation as he and Kris had. He turned his head and looked to his blond best friend. Luhan didn't seem to have problems with Sehun, he actually seemed to have much fun with the Korean boy. He even laughed about something Sehun said. Tao pouted lightly, he wished he it would be that easy with Kris too. But Kris was too cold for it.

 

What the are you doing, Zitao? Stop watching your little gay friend and ask the rest of the questions!”, Kris hissed as he saw Tao watching the blond Chinese boy. Tao quickly turned his head back to Kris and kinda glared him. “Little gay friend?! Luhan is not gay!”, he huffed, crossing his arms. No one calls his best friend gay, no matter how mean and cold hearted the person seemed to be. Kris didn't even know Luhan so he can't just call him gay. Tao won't accept that, he didn't care about what Kris did to him earlier. No one was mean to his best friend.

 

Whatever, ask me now.”, Kris said, faking a yawn afterwards. Tao shook his head, still crossing his arms, and stared at the tall boy. “Apologize or I won't continue”, he said, trying to sound calm. Kris raised an eyebrow and turned to look at the panda boy. “You think you can tell me what to do? Forget it, little boy.”, Kris said a bit angry and as the other boy still didn't move he slapped the back of Tao's head with his right hand, making him groan quietly and rubbing his head.

 

Yah! Don't slap me!”, Tao huffed a bit quieter and glared at the blond boy. Kris just faked a small laugh and took Tao's paper, writing his answers on it. After it he gave Tao his paper. “Write your answers or I'll do it”, he told the younger boy who slowly nodded, not going to say anything against Kris now. He didn't want to get slapped again, so he slowly started writing the answers of the questions on the paper before giving it back to the owner of it.

 

You can go”, Kris told him before putting the paper away. Tao nodded quickly and quietly stood up, walking back to his own seat where Luhan and Sehun still talked. He quietly sat down on his place and hold his head again, looking over to Kris who now looked out of the window. Why did he slapped me, I just wanted that he apologize for calling my Luhan gay! Tao thought and pouted a bit when he saw Baekhyun walking back to his place. He then started to talk to Baekhyun instead of thinking of Kris, which was 100% better than thinking about the tall guy.

 

page-divider-105.gif 

 

Author's Notes;   Well, this . XDD But I tried to put some Taoris action it... I hope it wasn't that bad~? And Petra, if you read it, be proud~ I only updated today for you ;;

- TheVIPCoco.
» layout credit