Allons-y!

Lost in Love

'I don't know you. I am by no means related to you...' 

You were standing beside Ayumi with your head in your hands.

'What on earth are you wearing?...' 

Ayumi spun around, showing off her new jacket. The neon pink sequins sparkled in the light and blinded you. 

'Don't you like it? It's my new ski jacket!' 

'By God, I hope I don't have to wear one like that' 

'Nonsense. This only suits someone as crazy and outrageous as me. You, Dahye, are the sophisticated type. I think black will be good for you.' 

'Black is boring, Ayumi.' 

'Navy?' 

'Are you serious?' 

Ayumi ran to the rails and you wandered off to the back of the store, gazing at the furry hats. You picked up a hat with a rabbit fur trim and tried it on.

'Suits you, miss' said the sales assistant. 

You nodded and looked at the price tag. Woah. 170000 won... Steep.

'It does look good on you, Dahye...' said Ayumi wistfully. 'Let's get it!' 

She grabbed it and gave it to the sales assistant with a smile.

'Wait! Ayumi! You didn't even look at the price!' you hissed

'You looked good. Why would I look at the price?' 

'What? Why would you look at the price? Are you kidding me?' 

'Aniyo, I'm being serious. Look, it's my treat to you if you feel bad about spending the magazine's money.'

'But I'd feel bad about spending your money too...' 

'I'll reap the rewards later, don't worry about it.' 

With you looking pretty in that hat, Kwonchan won't be able to resist you. With you two back together, peace will be restored in the studio again and that Jieun girl can go back to where she came from too.

'What?' 

'Stop fretting and try this on. We're getting that hat whether you like it or not.'

She passed you a black quilted ski jacket with a plaid inner. You tried it on and stood in front of the mirror.

'It's a bit...' 

'Boring...' 

'Yeah...' 

'I agree...'

'Next!'

You shook yourself out of the coat and tried on the next. It was the exact same jacket as Ayumi's only it was a dark green color.

'Sequins?...'

'It's demure! Look at the color of it!'

'Look at the sequins!'

'Alright miss picky, take it off. I have the perfect one for you.'

She held up an orange bomber jacket. 

'You've got to be joking. I'm not wearing that. It looks like carrot sick.'

'I like it!'

'For you! What happened to demure?' 

'Well...' 

You looked around the store and spotted a jacket in the far corner. You pointed it out to the sales assistant.

'Could I try that one on?' 

'That one? Miss... It's not a popular style. That's why it's in the far corner.'

'I'd still like to see it.'

She brought it down and you held the jacket in your hands. It was dusty and what should have been a royal crimson had faded into a dusty red color. The white shearling inner was matted and it smelt funny, kind of like old grandmas that think that talcum powder is a perfume. You tried it on anyway and stared at yourself in the mirror. This is it. This is the one. It's the exact same.

'Miss? How is it?' 

'I love it. How much is it?'

'It's a very old style, must be seasons ago. I'll let you have it for free. Ayumi-ssi is a regular here.'

You turned to your friend. 'You are?'

She nodded. 'I come and pull clothes every winter for shoots. Hats are the best here.' 

'And shoes' said the assistant with a smile

'And the shoes.'

 

***

 

'Heeyoung, throw me that green jumper!'

'Ne!'

'Ahreum, can you pass me those leggings?'

'These ones?'

'No, the black ones please.'

'Yah, I've ironed your jeans An Dahye. Ramen's ready too.'

'Thanks Nari! Jaeyoon, can you give me that hairbrush?'

'Here you go, unnie.'

'Erm, Soojin, can you stop throwing my underwear around?' 

'Never!'

 

That night was spent packing. All your friends came down to see you before your 5 day trip to the land of snow and skiing. Although the shoot was planned, your boss had specifically said to take the trip as a vacation. With Soo Hyun coming too, it was all the more obvious that the trip was intended for having fun and living young.

You all rushed out to sit around the television with the jumbo pot of ramen.

'Aigoo, this is just like university. Living as poor students again.' said Heeyoung

'I will never give up ramen, no matter how rich and famous I get' said Nari

'You're the best ramen maker here, unnie!' said Jaeyoon

'You should all be jealous of me. I get to live with this masterchef' you said giggling

'No! I envy Jonghyun! Nari's such a catch. He's a lucky guy.' said Ahreum

'Aniyo, I'm the lucky one...' Nari said quietly

You pinched your best friend's cheeks. 'You cutie. Look at you getting all embarassed about your boyfriend!'

'Yah!'

 

Your friends went back home at around 2am with the exception of Heeyoung who was driving you to the airport in the morning. Nari had to go to work and since Heeyoung was supposed to pick up her cousin later that day, she offered to give you a lift.

'Such a small bag?'

'It's only 5 days.'

'Did you bring some nice clothes too?' 

'What does she need nice clothes for? She's going to be stuck on a snowy mountain' said Nari

'Go to work, moody.' Heeyoung said, poking out her tongue.

'Right. I'm off.' Nari bent down and gave you a hug, kissing you on the cheek. 'See in in 5 days!' 

'Take care!'

'Enjoy yourself!'

Once Nari was gone, Heeyoung fetched her car keys. 'Traffic's bad so we should make a move. I'll take your case down to the car'

'Thanks. I'll be out in a sec, I just need to fetch something.'

'Alright. See you downstairs.'

'Mmm.'

 

You waited until Heeyoung was gone before sitting back down in front of your sofa and pulling out your safe. The yearbook was still in the studio but according to Ayumi, it was hidden well and Yukwon hadn't seen it. You ignored the photo album and delved around inside the metal box before pulling out a necklace.

Bingo. Just what I need- my lucky necklace.

You heard the car horn beep from the lower floor and grabbed your backpack, rushing out of the door. 

Switzerland here I come.