Lies

Second Chance

 

I woke up with a start.

 

I looked at my side immediately and he was not there anymore.

 

I should not be surprised by now should I? After all he had made it very clear that he wanted nothing to do with me.

 

But that didn’t mean that I wouldn’t be disappointed. Or sad.

 

I heard commotion downstairs and jumped to my feet. I went out of the room and hid at the same spot yesterday.

 

I had to laugh at myself. This had become my personal hiding spot it seemed.

 

Hyukkie was at the door talking to someone that I couldn’t see. He was rubbing his temples. Right. He must have had a hangover right now. Served him right for ignoring me.

 

The man at the door was furious, he started yelling. It was Siwon! How did find out that I am here?

 

‘I said no didn’t you hear me?’ Hyukkie was raising his voice as well. What did I miss?

 

‘How did you even find out about my place.’ Hyukkie asked.

 

Siwon tried getting in but was blocked. I heard him snorted and answered, ‘Just like you have your people spying on Hae. I have my people spying on you. Just in case.’

 

Spying? On me?

 

I saw Hyukkie clenching his fists. This was not good.

 

‘I have good reasons. There is a stalker around. I’m protecting him.’

 

‘Oh stalker? Are you referring to yourself?’ Siwon’s voice sounded sarcastic, ‘As long as you stay away, he will be fine.’

 

Oh no this was really not good.

 

I rushed down the stairs, almost tripping in my haste when I saw the punch landed on Siwon’s face. They didn’t notice me as I tried to get between the two angry men.

 

And that was how I got punch in the face by Siwon.

 

They were both shocked and crowded around me immediately. Siwon stepped forward as Hyukkie wrapped his arms around me to support me. I saw Hyukkie glared at Siwon.

 

‘You ing punched him.’

 

Rubbing my left cheek, I turned and faced Hyukkie.

 

‘I’m fine, really. You two just stop it.’ I muttered.

 

Hyukkie looked at me worriedly but as I smiled at him to assure him that I’m fine, I noticed how he suddenly straightened up and I could literally see him put on his mask again.

 

‘Alright. Since you are fine. Both of you can leave my house. I don’t need all these nonsense early in the morning.’ And with that he pushed me towards Siwon.

 

Ah. So this was the game he was playing.

 

He had such poor acting skills. Nobody can change just like that.

 

As he started to close his front door, I yelped immediately.

 

‘My head… It’s hurts.’ I held onto my head.

 

The door pulled opened immediately and Hyukkie pulled me away from Siwon.

 

‘Why didn’t you say anything you silly! Where does it hurt?’

 

‘Hae?’ It was Siwon this time.

 

Ugh. I felt so bad. I’m lying to two persons at the same time. But I had to do this.

 

‘Er- It hurts just a little. I need to lie down,’ I looked at Hyukkie with pleading eyes, ‘Can I?’

 

My heart jumped a little in surprised and in much joy as Hyukkie bended over and carried me up the stairs to his room. I saw Siwon trailing behind with worry all over his face.

 

My joy didn’t last long because as soon as Hyukkie placed me on the bed and pulled the covers over me, he left.

 

Well, I should be glad that at least I’m still here.

 

As well as Siwon.

 

‘Hae? How’s your head?’ His hands were caressing my hair.

 

I sighed. My hand found his and pulled it away from me. He stared at me, surprised.

 

‘Siwon, listen to me, I need to be here.’ Instead of facing him, I looked at the walls in front. I knew he would be hurt.

 

I thought he would be hurt. Not angry.

 

‘What did he do to you again? That bastard hurt you again didn’t he!’

 

I sat up immediately, ‘NO! Why would you say that? Hyukkie wouldn’t hurt me.’ 

 

He narrowed his eyes, ‘Hyukkie. Hyukkie? Did you just call him that?’

 

He continued before I could answer, ‘He would have hurt you already if I wasn’t here, Hae!’

 

‘Do I look hurt to you!’ I groaned in frustration, what was Siwon thinking?

 

He sat near me and held my hands.

 

He spoke gently this time, ‘Hae. Come back with me. We are all worried sick about you.’

 

The guilt card. Yes, How could I forget about Kyu. He must be so worried that I haven’t called him to fetch me after the party and adding to that, I left the house without informing anyone.

 

It worked, because I suddenly felt bad.

 

‘It’s alright. Kyu won’t blame you. I told him I’m coming to bring you home.’ He touched my cheek, ‘Let’s go.’

 

But I didn’t want to. This was not just me finding about my past anyhow.

 

This was about me and Hyukkie.

 

My mind might forget about us. But my heart definitely still remembered.

 

I was so afraid that once I leave this place Hyukkie would disappear again. I couldn’t risk it.

 

I never thought I had this in me. Call it survival instinct or whatever it is. Because all my life I don’t think I had told so much lies in such a short period before.

 

Still looking away I tried whispering softly, ‘I remembered.’

 

Nothing.

 

I tried again, still not looking up, ‘I remembered everything.’

 

Still nothing.

 

I looked up. I couldn’t tell what Siwon was thinking. Nothing showed on his face.

 

‘Wh-what… What do you recall.’ He stammered slightly despite the poker face. This was so not him.

 

‘Everything. Hyukkie and I. I remembered all about us.’

 

He started to shake his head in denial, ‘No. Hae, you are bluffing.’

 

I sighed. I would have to do it the hard way then.

 

‘Siwon, do you think I would sleep here last night if I don’t know that man? Siwon, I slept here, in this bed, together with him. Of course I remembered.’

 

I never thought I had it in me to be this cruel. Please forgive me Siwon. I’m so sorry.

 

He stood abruptly and stormed out of the room.

 

I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean to hurt you like that.

 

I heard sudden loud banging and the sound of glass shattering downstairs and immediately dashed out of the room.

 

Hyukkie was sprawled onto the floor, bits and pieces of glass under him. Siwon had hit him!

 

‘What exactly did you do to Donghae again this time? You bastard!’

 

I ran down the stairs and held on to Siwon with all my might. He looked as if he was about to hit Hyukkie again.

 

‘Stop stop stop.’ I pleaded.

 

Siwon grabbed my wrist and pulled me away.

 

I turned back and looked at Hyukkie. He was still in the same position.

 

‘Hyukkie?’

 

‘GO!’ He roared.

 

And I let Siwon dragged me away. Out of his house. Out of his life.

 

---

A/N: Big Bang's Lies just got stuck in my head. I guess it would go well with this chapter keke. >.<