The Accident

Second Chance

 

I creep up to Hyukkie’s room.

 

I tried turning the door knob. I wasn’t surprised to find it locked.

 

I had been unable to sleep on the uncomfortable couch at all and there were still hours to daylight before Hyukkie would wake up.

 

I sat down at the front of the door and just like earlier, I leaned back on the door and sighed.

 

At least now he was much closer to me in distant. We were only separated by a single door. Close enough for me.

 

I heard footsteps and sat up immediately.

 

He was awake.

 

I felt my heart pounding in anticipation as I waited.

 

True enough the door opened and he stood there, wearing a black wife beater and long black pants. I couldn’t really make out his expressions in the dark but I felt his annoyance.

 

‘Fine. You can have the bed.’ And he stepped passed me and went downstairs. I saw him made himself comfortable on the couch below like I did earlier.

 

I stared at the bed in the room and walked down the stairs.

 

I saw his back stiffened as I ventured near the couch.

 

He definitely felt my presence but he didn’t speak and didn’t move.

 

I took that as an encouragement and went to kneel in front of the couch. I looked at his fake sleeping face.

 

I placed two fingers on the frown between his browns and he jerked away.

 

He opened his eyes and glared at me.

 

‘Hyukkie…’

 

He closed his eyes again, ‘Go to sleep Hae. We will talk tomorrow.’

 

‘Can’t we talk now? I see that you are awake.’

 

He eyes snapped opened again.

 

But they were felt with tenderness this time.

 

‘Let’s just- Let’s just do it tomorrow.’

 

‘Why? I want to do it now.’

 

His hand cupped my cheek and started to caress it. I leaned further into his hand.

 

‘I don’t want you to leave yet.’ He swallowed.

 

‘I won’t.’

 

‘You will.’

 

I started to thread my fingers through his hair as I tilted my head to look at him, ‘I promise you I won’t leave. Is this good enough?’

 

He shook his head.

 

‘You will leave. Especially after the talk that you are longing for.’

 

‘Then maybe we shouldn’t talk after all.’ I saw his eyes widened as I leaned forward and captured his lips. Not because of what Teuk told me earlier, but because his lips were just too tempting.

 

He wasted no time in grabbing me and I landed on top of him as he entwined one of his legs over my hips.

 

I started kissing my way down his jaw, his neck and pushed his wife beater up from his waist.

 

His hands grabbed mine suddenly and stopped my actions.

 

I looked at him in confusion.

 

‘I nearly you two years ago.’

 

I froze.

 

It felt like my heart had stopped beating.

 

‘It was the same day you got into the car accident. You were so distraught and it was raining heavily. I tried to catch up with you but- but it still happened.’ He started to choke and tears fell.

 

‘Y-ou-you- you were dying. I saw you nearly-‘ he started sobbing.

 

I wanted to hug him. To tell him that I am alive and well now but found that I couldn’t do it.

 

I hated to see him this broken but I couldn’t do anything. I remained frozen on my spot. I couldn’t even bring myself to touch him.

 

My mind was reeling in shock. I suddenly felt numb from deep within. What had he said? My mind refused to believe it.

 

I didn’t how I did it. But my legs carried me out of his house and onto the streets. My jacket left forgotten in his house but I didn’t care since I couldn’t even feel the cold outside anymore.

 

I heard him rushed out and pulled me against me. He was shaking. And I realized so was I. My head started to hurt and the world started spinning. I heard his panic voice yelled out my name and felt him carried me back into the house.

---

 

He tore my shirt as I struggled helplessly. I knew I was no match for this man but I had to do something.

 

He started kissing me and when I bit him he slapped me hard across my face.

 

He bucked against me and clamped his hand over my lips to muffle my cries.

 

I thrashed about helplessly and saw a vase at the side.

 

I quickly remained still and told him I would play nice this time which he believed. I let him continue his way with me as I tried getting closer to the vase.

 

I saw my chance and threw the vase over his head. He screamed in pain and I dashed out of the room in that damn club house where the party was held.

 

I should have listened to Hyukkie.

 

 I never should have come tonight.

 

Where are you Hyukkie?

 

I was so afraid. I just want him to take me back home.

 

I found him at the end of the hallway looking around and held tightly onto his arm. As long as he is with me, i'm safe now.

 

But to my horror, he shoved me into the stairway behind and grabbed onto my hair tightly.

 

‘Who did you use your charm on tonight to get those damn modeling deals again.’ he snarled.

 

 ‘Tell me! When exactly will you be done playing with those ing clients of yours? Cause I sure am damn ing sick of it!’ He tightened his hold on my hair.

 

I couldn’t even explain myself as his lips crushed onto mine. I struggled against him wanting him to hear me out but he only held me tighter.

 

The memories from that man earlier on came crushing over me again and I bit Hyukkie’s lips. Hard. He released me immediately and I broke down in sobs. Why is even he doing this to me!

 

He was startled and quickly knelt in front of me, ‘Hae, I- I’m sorry. I’m so sorry. I thought you- what happened? Why is your shirt torn? Did I hurt you??’

 

I pushed him away and ran out.

 

It was pouring heavily but I didn’t care. I located my car in the parking lot and got in and started driving. I saw Hyukkie came running after me but I continued driving.

 

And I continued to cry.

 

I never saw the traffic lights. I never saw the cars that were turning in my direction. And everything was gone.

---

 

 I must have fainted earlier because when I woke up. I saw myself back in my own room and in my own bed. Kyu was sleeping at a corner of the room.

 

He rushed over immediately and held me as I began to cry again.

 

I remembered.

 

It was all coming back to me.

 

---

A/N: It was a difficult chapter to write. Poor Hyukkie poor Hae… I hate torturing my Eunhae *sobs*

 

Everything should be ending in next chapter. Thanks for following through so far I hope this chapter is okay and I didn’t disappoint any of you.  

 

Thanks for the precious comments!