Warmth

Second Chance

 

I got out of the house and stepped outside. I needed to find Hyukkie.

 

At least let me know that he wasn’t hurt too badly.

 

Just then a man came out from nowhere and gave me a fright.

 

‘Teuk! What are you doing here you scared me!’

 

‘What are you doing out here alone!’ he hissed.

 

What was his problem?

 

Seriously I couldn’t be bothered anymore. I just needed to see Hyukkie.

 

‘Bring me to Hyukkie please.’

 

His frown eased and was replaced with a smile, ‘Miss him already?’

 

‘Yes badly. Please bring me to him.’

 

He drew his lips downwards, ‘He would be so pissed at me again. But since I was the one who started this, I should be the one to continue then.’

 

---

 

As he drove me there I started asking him more questions about Hyukkie.

 

I felt really comfortable in Teuk’s presence and I knew he sincerely wanted to help us out.

 

I even told him that I had pretended to gain my memories back.

 

I found out from Teuk that Hyukkie had indeed been sending people to ‘spy’ on me. That explained why when I got attacked last night Teuk was there. But weirdly, Teuk was to only let Hyukkie know whether I am safe or not. He said Hyukkie didn’t want to know anything more.

 

That saddened me quite a bit.

 

I tried asking about what happened 2 years ago and Teuk still refused to talk. He said he promised Hyukkie as he looked at me sadly.

 

‘But the stalker from 2 years ago is still not caught so you have to be careful.’

 

Yeah I heard about this stalker story from Kyu too and now I concluded that was how I got to know Hyukkie. He must be that bodyguard whom Kyu referred to.

 

My bodyguard. I smiled at that.

 

‘Is it that guy from yesterday?’ I recalled the attack last night and gasped.

 

Teuk shook his head, ‘No, that was just a regular robber. You really don’t realize what an easy target you are do you?’

 

I pouted at that. Not caring to defend myself anymore.

 

‘We are here.’ I thanked Teuk before getting out of the car. As I walked away I heard Teuk called out to me , ‘Donghae, remember this. Just kiss him if all else fails!’

 

I gave him an O-K sign and smiled as I walked to Hyukkie’s place. Feeling victorious already.

 

---

 

I rang the doorbells for countless times.

 

Then I started knocking then pounding on the wooden door till my hands hurt.

 

I knew he was inside. Teuk said he was in. The lights were still on.

 

Hyukkie I didn’t know you were a coward. Had you always been like this?

 

I kicked the door in frustration and cursed as the pain shot up my leg.

 

‘Teuk has left! And if you leave me standing here alone my stalker will come get me!!’

 

For one crazy moment, I actually hoped that the stalker would come and catch me just so he would open the damn door.

 

Minutes had passed and the door remained shut.

 

I couldn’t believe it. Did he really think I would leave this easily?

 

I sat down at his door and hugged my knees. It was so cold out here.

 

I rubbed my hands together trying to gather some warmth before placing them in my jacket pockets.

 

Didn’t help much.

 

Let me freeze to death here, at least then he would open the stupid door.

 

I must have fallen asleep as I was soon jerked awake just before I started falling backwards.

 

A strong pair of arms supported my weight and carried me into the house.

 

He placed me on the couch and knelt in front of me. I couldn’t make out his expression as he was looking down.

 

He soon grabbed my hands and started rubbing them with his.

 

His hands felt so warm against mine. I grinned at him. He cared for me after all.

 

I was about to open my mouth to talk to him but he got up and went up his room.

 

I could only stare at his retreating back dumbly.

 

I was going to follow him in when I saw him came out again.

 

He came over and threw a pillow and thick covers to me before he went up to his room again.

 

I heard the door shut close.

 

I gapped at that.

 

How could he be so cold to me after what he had just done. I thought he cared for me?

 

I looked down at the pillow and covers.

 

Well, at least he didn’t throw me out. And he looked fine to me.

 

That was all that mattered as I made myself comfortable on the couch with the pillows and covers and send Kyu a text, informing him that I am currently being ignored and would be sleeping alone in a couch. But I added a happy face in the text.

 

Despite all these, I am indeed happy.

 

---

A/N: Sorry for the late update! Next chapter shall be 'the moment of truth'. Hang on! Love you guys!!