Moving On

Second Chance

- 2 years later -

I was on my way to a celebration party for my new photo album that was released and Siwon was already late in picking me up.

I was about to text him that i would just attend the party on my own when my phone rang. It was Kyu.

'Hey baby! Siwon is stuck at work. I'm being tasked to accompany you tonight. You must be so happy!' I smiled at Kyu's remark.

'And Minnie would be so jealous. Does he know? Maybe i should text him now.'

'Hae hae seriously how cute can you be. Minnie loves you to death of course he won't mind. He will probably kill me if i don't accompany you.'

'Come on you guys. Stop treating me like a kid. I need personal space hello.' I'm actually serious about this.

'Ha right. Give me 5. I'm reaching your place soon.'

---

Never in my wildest dream would i have thought that attending this party would cause such a drastic change in the life that i was beginning to adjust to.

On the way there Siwon called and apologize and also something about flying off to some place tonight for some urgent meeting.

I tend to not really pay attention to his business stuff.

Actually i am feeling a bit guilty even. I am actually glad for this time alone. This time that he was not constantly hanging around me. Sometimes i just felt that he was far too involved in the things i am doing.

 

Well, I would be totally stupid if I were to say that i am unaware of his feelings for me. I had told him to give me time but now i wondered if I was leading him on.

 

I just... I just did not feel that way for him.

 

Even though I wished badly that I would. It would make everything fall into place. I would have someone who love me unconditionally, someone to take care of me, pamper me and protect me. That was what I had wanted. Just maybe not with him.

 

And maybe I was feeling sorry that I could not reciprocate his feelings, subconsciously I would try to make up to him by pleasing him as best as i could. I wanted him to be happy.

 

But I am beginning to wonder if i am really doing the right thing.

 

Kyu's earpiece was still on, still on the line with Min. It seemed that Min had gotten sick based on what I could gather from Kyu and how he frowned.

 

Finally he took off the earpiece and sighed.

 

'How is Min? Is he very sick?' I asked

 

'Can you believe it? He kept telling me he's fine but I can just hear it over the phone how weak his voice is. He's always so stubborn.'

 

'Kyu, just go take care of Min.'

 

The car stopped at a traffic junction and he turned and looked at me apologetically.

 

'I understand Kyu. Just go. He needs you there I know. And you wanted to be there too.'

 

'But Hae-'

 

'Oh gosh! I'm not a baby! Give me a break.' I sighed dramatically and shook my head in apparent annoyance.

 

He chuckled, 'I will drop you off and come fetch you later. No Hae, don't argue with me. Call me once you are inside. And do not accept drinks from anyone at all.'

 

He continued with his list of Don'ts to me as I tried to acknowledge from time to time just to show that I am interested. I had heard this a million times already.

 

Seriously they should stop treating me like a baby already.

 

---

 

It was not really my first time attending such a party. But this 'party' was unlike any that I have attended. It was really grand and posh. It was actually very classy with waiters and waitresses serving drinks to every guest.

 

My manager Heechul spotted me as soon as I stepped into the ballroom and looked me all over, "Hae! Oh my Hae! You looked so yummy tonight!"

 

As always, he was his touchy self tonight and proceeded to hug me.

 

"Heechul. Personal space please.'

 

'You always say that! Ugh!'

 

'Cause you always ignore that.'

 

He then started leading me to a group of people, 'Come on. Let's get the party started! We shall have more deals coming in tonight!'

 

And this would be how it went. Introducing me around to various guests who were usually business partners or sponsors and in the midst of that we will get more deals to do photoshoots or commercials.

 

Except that I talked like a fish on camera so I am still unable to do commercials. Not that I wanted too.

 

The night went on. Kyu called and we chatted a bit about my party and about Min's condition. Min had apparently gotten food poisoning and Kyu had to send him to the hospital.

 

Just when i was about to hang up. I felt as if I was being spied. It was just that feeling that someone had been staring at me and I looked up.

 

Truly indeed, i saw the ghost of a back turning away just at the corner.

 

I went forward trying to see who it was and out came Heechul. He seemed drunk though so I decided to turn the other way so he would not try and act crazy with me in his drunken glory.

 

On the other side of the ballroom, I spotted an area with a balcony. That could be my perfect hideout for now. Since I was pretty sure that Heechul was actually looking for me.

 

As i pushed the sliding doors opened and turned to step onto the balcony, someone turned around abruptly. Oh, someone else was here already.

 

'Uh, sorry to scare you. I was just-'

 

I froze when I saw who was standing just in front.

 

It was him.

 

'I'm sorry, Hae. And, I love you. I always will.' What he said back then in resounded in my head again.

 

I must have forgotten to breathe. And why. My heart. It actually hurts.

 

Only because we were both staring so intently at each other, I noticed his fists clenching and then he shut his eyes tight.

 

I simply stood there and waited. For what I had no idea.

 

Then he opened his eyes but not looking at me this time. And he walked away. Walked passed me.

 

I did not understand my thoughts anymore. Because the next i knew, my legs were running after him and I immediately grabbed his arm. Tight.

 

'Don't go.'

 

Damn. Is that my voice?

 

He laughed. But it did not sound like a real laugh at all. It sounded bitter.

 

'Why?'

 

Why? Was he asking me why?

 

Because you said you loved me! But you left me!

 

'I... I don't know.' I said instead.

 

He turned around and faced me.

 

I felt suffocated in the way he was looking at me. It was filled with such... such, intensity.

 

'Donghae. Trust me. You want me to leave. You want to.' He literally hissed those words at me.

 

Truthfully I believed I was out of my mind. I hardly knew this man yet I am holding onto his arm like it was my lifeline.

 

And i could also hardly believe what i said next.

 

'No. I want you here. With me.'

 

----

 

A/N: Wooo thanks for subscribing. Never thought that it could be such a wonderful feeling! Hope this chapter is decent enough.