Chapter 8

Near or Far

"Yoboseyo?"Sooyoung picked up her phone and connected it to her bluetooth, knowing it was her one of her best friends.

Hyolyn was there when Sunny left and she helped pick up the pieces of Sooyoung's life along with her wife with,Sandara Park. The couple had helped Sooyoung financially and emotionally, all of them young and raising children.They had two kids, one boy and one girl, HyoSan and DarRin. Their youngest was SooKyu's age and they were close friends.

"Soo, how is the old place?Did you meet anyone?"Hyolyn asked. "I did and I can't wait for you to meet her."Sooyoung smiled through the phone and glanced at Sunny. On the other hand,Sunny was curious who Sooyoung was talking to. Seeing Sooyoung smile, she couldn't help feel jealous.

"Let's have breakfast tomorrow,arasseo? It could be a little reunion when we move close to you!"Hyolyn exclaimed. Sooyoung let out a giggle and responded back,"Arasseo, I'll also bring my special someone!"

Special someone?

Sunny thought. I thought I was....Sunny looked out the window, her eyes starting to glisten.

"We will be happy to meet her,Soo! I have to go, my babies need me!"Sooyoung heard HyoSan and DaRin whining through the line. "Arasseo, I'll see you tomorrow!"

Sooyoung hung up and looked over to Sunny,"Sunny-ah..."She knew something was wrong. "Was it something I did?"Sooyoung asked.

"Oh its nothing..."Sunny blinked and looked back to Sooyoung. "I was wondering..."Sooyoung paused,"If you would like to join me for breakfast tomorrow?"

"I'm your special someone,Youngie?"Sunny was surprised.

"Lee SoonKyu, you have always been."Sooyoung smiled and took one hand off the wheel and grabbed Sunny's hand.

 

..

 

Sunny looked up at the restaurant in front of her. Wanting to make an impression, Sunny chose to wear a floral dress with a white cardigan."Sunny-ah?"

She turned her head to find Sooyoung next to her with SooKyu attached to Sooyoung's hip."Good Morning,Seongsangnim!"SooKyu gave Sunny a wide smile and to get down from her mother's embrace."Umma, I want to go to Seosangnim!"

"Arasseo! Little moon be careful with her dress!"Sooyoung scolded her daughter and carried her to Sunny's arms. SooKyu wrapped her arms Sunny's neck and smiled up at her. She kissed Sunny's cheek and the older woman couldn't help but tear up at the action.

Sooyoung began to tear up as well and secretly took pictures of the two love of her lives.

"Sooyoung!"

Someone called out to her.Sooyoung turned her head and saw Hyolyn and Dara, holding onto their kids and waved at them.Finally catching up to Sooyoung, the couple put their children down and stood in front of Sooyoung.

"HyoSan,DaRin!"SooKyu squealed and wanted to get out of Sunny's grasp.Letting SooKyu down, Sunny was also in front of the couple her and Sooyoung were having breakfast with.

"Guys, this is Lee SoonKyu, but she likes Sunny."Sooyoung held onto her hand and smiled at her. "Sunny-ah, this is Kim Hyolyn and Sandara and their children,HyoSan and DaRin."Sunny bowed to them and gave them a smile.

Sunny can tell the couple was hesitant to meet her, by the look of their eyes they didn't want anything to do with her.

 

..

 

They were seated at a table and finally ordered their meals.Sunny was awfully quiet and kept looking down at her hands, Sooyoung was getting worried. Taking her hand under the table, Sunny turned to Sooyoung and glanced at her.

"So, Sunny what do you do for living?"Hyolyn asked.

"I'm a kindergarten teacher, I love kids."Sunny smiled at the thought of her students,nieces, and her daughter. Hyolyn nodded her head and now it was her wife's turn to speak."So how did you meet our Sooyoungie?"

"I met her in high school, I was a year older and I found out she was my secret admirer."Sunny responded and squeezed Sooyoung's hand.

"Sunny, do you have any kids?"Hyolyn shot back at her.

Sunny stayed quiet.

"Excuse me, I have to use the restroom."Sunny excused herself from the table and tried not let her tears spill.

 

..

 

"What is wrong with both of you?"Sooyoung asked coldly. She wanted to know why her best friends were acting like this. She didn't want to yell in front of the kids let alone the public.The couple looked down, not saying a word."Answer me."

"Soo, we just don't want to you to get hurt again by her."Hyolyn grabbed a hold of Sooyoung's hand."Don't you see it's hurting her too?"Sooyoung retorted back.

"She left you Sooyoung!"Dara whispered harshly.

"That was in the past. She could hurt me a thousand times, but I will always love her and wait for her.Meeting her the second time was fate, and her being SooKyu's teacher brought us together again."

"She's SooKyu's teacher."Hyolyn gasped.

"SooKyu ran to her teacher and I just happened to meet her again."Sooyoung smiled at the memory.

"I'm asking you to accept Sunny, despite what she did in the past. I love her, she's my happiness. She makes me happy when skies are grey, my Sunshine."Sooyoung begged.

The couple looked at each other and nodded their heads.

"Now,let me get my woman."Sooyoung stood up and was off to the bathroom.

 

..

 

Making her way to the bathroom, Sooyoung was pushed into the wall and felt a pair of lips on hers.

 


 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Sorry for the wait!Comment?What will Sunny do now?