Chapter 6

Near or Far

Sooyoung arrived back to their tree and was delighted to see Sunny and SooKyu interact. It was an aeygo overload! This is how Sooyoung pictured her daughter and Sunny being her wife together. It was the perfect fairy tale.

The twenty-three year old woman let out a sigh and she held onto a necklace that had two rings around the the chain. Tears were threatening to fall but Sooyoung had to compose herself.She had to close her eyes at the painful memory.

Sooyoung stirred awake and felt something was missing by her side of the bed. Letting out a groan, she sat up on the bed and rubbed her eyes."Sunny-ah?"She called out,Sunny had disappeared from the room. She didn't hear the sounds in the kitchen, the television on low volume. "Where is she?"The nineteen-year-old woman said to herself.

Something caught Sooyoung's eyes on the nightstand.

A ring and a note.

"No,no..."Sooyoung denied,"It can't be."She pulled off the covers from her body and checked the closet.All of Sunny's clothes were gone.

Sunny was gone.

Tears flowing from her eyes,Sooyoung heard the cries of her six-month old baby awake. Going to her daughter's nursery, Sooyoung picked up her daughter carefully and held her close."It's okay SooKyu, Umma's is here."

"Umma's is here."

When SooKyu finally calmed down, her big eyes looked at Sooyoung. "Wae?"Sooyoung smiled through her tears.SooKyu placed her tiny hand on Sooyoung's cheek and tried to wipe her mother's tears. SooKyu could almost sense her mother's pain and sadness.

"Saranghae, my little moon."Sooyoung kissed her little baby on the cheek and a SooKyu gurgled with happiness.

"Umma!" The voice of SooKyu snapped Sooyoung out of her thoughts.

"I'm coming my little flower!"Sooyoung let out a laugh and put the food down. Sunny said quietly,"Here let me help you..." Sooyoung shook her head and replied,"No, you are our guest." Sooyoung continued to take out their meal and Sunny put her hand in the picnic basket to help Sooyoung.

Their hands touched,both of them feeling the same spark they did before.

"Umma are you done yet?"SooKyu got in the middle of them. "Choi SooKyu,I'm almost done! And we need to get out of these church clothes arasseo?Umma will give you her dessert if you do quickly."Sooyoung told her daughter.

She looked over to Sunny and smiled,"Is it okay if we change first?I know SooKyu doesn't like her church clothes."Sunny nodded her head,thinking how nice Sooyoung thought of her still."Go on ahead."

"Let's go my flower, off to the bathroom!"Sooyoung carried SooKyu and had her daughter attached to the hip.Watching Sooyoung from behind,Sunny watched how Sooyoung was walking with those long legs of hers.She had a simple yet beautiful dress on her and Sunny let gulped.

 

..

 

Waiting for Sooyoung and SooKyu,Sunny saw someone she knew.Trying to turn away,the couple saw her."Sunny-ah!"Tiffany and Taeyeon yelled for the whole park to hear.

"Oh boy.."Sunny said out loud.

The couple finally reached Sunny and had TaeNy along with them."Aunt Sunny!"TaeNy wrapped her arms around Sunny's legs."It's nice to see you too kiddo!"

"So Sunny who are you with on this wonderful day?"Tiffany gave her infamous eye-smile.

"Fany-ah,Tae?"

The couple turned around to see Sooyoung with a toddler on her hip.

"Sooyoung?!"

"Hey guys it's been a while."Sooyoung smiled and put SooKyu down."Who is this beautiful girl?"Tiffany crouched down to SooKyu's height.SooKyu was hiding behind her mother's legs and Sooyoung let out a small laugh,"I'm sorry Fany-ah. My daughter is quite shy when it comes to adults."

"This is my daughter,Choi SooKyu. Little moon say hi to your Aunt Tiffany and Aunt Taeyeon!"Sooyoung introduced them."TaeNy?!"SooKyu squealed,spotting her best friend. "I'm guessing our kids know each other already."Taeyeon smiled at the two girls.

"Would you like to join me and Sunny for lunch?"Sooyoung asked the couple. The shook their heads and Tiffany said,"We are meeting halmoni and halbojee today for lunch.TaeNy it's time to go!"

Sooyoung noticed the girl had Tiffany's eye-smile and Taeyeon's ajumma laugh.TaeNy let out a pout and went with her parents."We'll catch up soon,arasseo?"Taeyeon said to Sooyoung and gave her a hug.

Sooyoung didn't forget about Sunny and heard her stomach growl,"Now let's eat!Choi SooKyu,I'm going to eat all the food!"With that SooKyu sprinted all the way to the blanket."No way ,umma!"

 

..

 

Sunny always loved Sooyoung's cooking and she had to admit Sooyoung hasn't lost her touch.The three of them enjoyed their meal in silence,enjoying each other's company.

The two former lovers would also catch each other stealing glances,feeling the same way they were in high school and college.

After eating,Sooyoung and Sunny sat on the picnic blanket while watching SooKyu play by herself."So Sunny,how was life of being a kindergarten teacher?"

Sunny answered back,"It's great and I love kids."

Sunny was scared that she hit a nerve from Sooyoung."You?"

"I'm going to graduate college soon and running this business."Sooyoung smiled,watching her daughter."So Sunny,any new women in you life?"

"Nope..."Sunny looked away from her former fiance. "Ouch that hurts...I thought I would be the new one..."Sooyoung giggled."How about you,Sooyoung?Have you dated anyone or been seeing anyone?"

Sooyoung nodded her head.

"Yes,I have."

Sunny's heart sank to her stomach.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N:Comment?Who do think Sooyoung dated?I'm bringing up two new characters! Guess who?? :D If you read my other stories you know who then!Please comment and happy reading!