Should I, Shoud I not.

Under Your Spotlight

It was nearly 2 in the morning but you've yet to fallen asleep, despite having your lights out 3 hours ago after having your first, and probably the biggest fight with your parents. Ever. They'd left you to make your own decision, and to suffer your own consequences depending on the choice you'd make. You have been tossing and turning in your bed, your eyes swollen from all the crying. You were angry. No, mad. About the fact your parents didn't want to respect and support the choice you wanted to make despite going according to whatever they wanted you to do for the past 18 years of your life. 

 

"How can a lawyer's daughter be a dancer or a singer ?! You mad ?! With such good academic qualifications why are you telling me now, all of a sudden, that you want to be a dancer ?! You're wasting all the time and money I've spent on you !" Father shouted, furious at your statement.

"B-but I've always wanted to be a dancer. Why can't you guys just respect my decision for ONCE, after 18 years of listening to your every word ?" You sobbed. You weren't sad, or scared. You were equally frustrated.

"Fine," Mother stated in a firm tone, rubbing her temples.

"Seriously..?" You asked, sure that she wasn't a person who'd give in so easily.

"Yes, just leave and never step into this home ever again. Use your own savings and survive on your own. I ain't going to provide you a single cent. If you choose to leave, then I'd treat it like I haven't had you as my daughter." Mother said sternly and slammed the door to the bedroom together with Father.

You stood there, in shock. Mouth agape at what she had just said to you. She had always been readily agreeing to your every request, just because you were that obedient daughter who would produce such good results, constantly making her vision of you becoming a lawyer and someday the owner of your parents' law firm clearer. She'd get you the best education she could possibly afford and find, just to wait for that very day to come. But she had never, spoke to you about it, asking if you'd ever want to grow up to be a person like that in the first place.

You just felt helpless at your current situation.

 

You took a stalk of flower from the vase on your bedside dresser and plucked the petals. "Should I, should I not, should I, should I not..." you mumbled. A million questions bombarded your head. As much as you would like to pursue your own dream, would you be able to bear the consequences that came along with it ? How long would you then take to become a successful artiste ? You knew very well that the road wasn't going to be easy in the first place. Are you ready to challenge the hardships that lay ahead of you ? All you wished for was that this was just a nightmare, and when you wake up, things would go back to normal and you would be busy preparing for your university applications. Sure, you wouldn't be happy with what you're doing. But it saves you from this burdening situation.

You looked down at the stalk of rose. There were no more petals.

You should.

 

 

A/N: First chapter done ! Don't know how it is but I hope it's fine. It might be a little boring since Donghae has yet to make his appearance but he'll appear by chapter 3 or 4 !