Merong

Butterflies

                                                                                  images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR2lQdzq84K-C5pUBngfPE

 

'Annyeonghaseyo Hyun Joong oppa! Did you sleep well? Your hair is so beautiful, can I touch it oppa?' 

Girls were surrounded around Kim Hyun Joong while he was sitting in the shades of a tree. 

It was a warm spring day and everywhere was green. Most of the students of your school were sitting outside underneath the cold shadows of the trees. 

Hyun Joong was ignoring the girls, while reading a book. He turned the page. 

'Omo Hyun Joong oppa! What kind of book are you reading? You're so smart! Even during break you are studying.' one of the girls squeeled and she clapped with her hands.

She was wearing a schooluniform, but way ier. With a skirt twice as short as usual and long pink knee socks. Underneath them she had a pair of black pumps.

Her hair was curled in soft brown big bouncy curls and she had a very pretty face. Smooth and flawless with big brown eyes looking curiously at Kim Hyun Joong. Her name was Lee MinYeong and she was the most popular girl at school. Known for her beauty, she wasn't afraid of any boy. 

Hyun Joong looked up and gave her a expressionless stare.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSG8Fqns6a2o0aL0EBKbgo

'Is something the matter oppa?' she asked in a pleasant voice.

'Merong.' he said. (Merong=the act of sticking your tongue out.) and kept staring at her with cold eyes.

'Sorry, what did you say?' she said surprised.

'Merong.' he repeated himself.

The girls around MinYeong were snickering and MinYeong looked around shocked, but she fixed herself and laughed at him amused.

'Hahaha, oppa, you're funny.' she said with a slight smile playing on her lips.

'Am I?' he asked while raising an eye brow unamused since his rudeness didn't make MinYeong leave. 

'Yes, very.' she said playing with her hair.

*RIINNGG*

'Look oppa, I really have to leave early because I have to meet some friends at the mall, but I really hope to spend more time with you next time.' she said while smiling sweetly and looking at Hyun Joongs poker face. 

'No, but thanks for the offer.' he answered and continued reading his book on the page he left it.

'Hahaha, oppa. You're such a tease. Well, I'll talk to you next time.' she waved at Kim Hyun Joong who didn't even bother to look up.

When she and her friends finally left, on their way to the mall, Kim Hyun Joong sighted.

'Aish, these girls! Don't they understand a simple no? Now I'm going to be late for my next lesson.'

Not that it mattered, even if Kim Hyun Joong came late the teachers wouldn't say a thing, since he had the highest scores of the whole school. Missing a few minutes of lesson wouldn't affect him.

He stood up and packed his bag to go to the next lesson, history.

He opened the door and saw that the lesson has already begun. 

'Ah, Hyun Joong shii! We were expecting you. Please take a seat.' Mr. Kim said to his favorite student.

Hyun Joong nodded and ignored the girls turning their heads to take a seat beside you.

Your looked at him, trying not to have a mental breakdown again. 

This time you decited it was best to ignore him. Your last meeting didn't go that well, so it would be better to not talk to him at all. 

You were just classmates and nothing more. 

It was just coincidence that you two were having both history, in the same class, next to each other. Nothing more than that.

Hyun Joong took a seat beside you. You felt very awkward.

You tried to listen to Mr. Kim, but you couldn't help but feel his presence. His warmth, the scent of vanilla (probably his shampoo), that handsome face that was always looking so empty and beautiful at the same time.

'I wonder why someone like him is always looking so empty... Why did he even transfer? Sure, he said his father decited it was best for him, but why? And why was he so lonely during the breaks? During the breaks he is surrounded by girls, but he doesn't even acknowledge their existence. Could it be that he is gay? I wonder what it would be like having a gay friend...'

Your thoughts were drifting of, when you suddenly felt Hyun Joong tapping your shoulder, looking at you like he wanted to ask something.

You were surprised by his touch and let the pen in your hand fall. 

'Oh, mi-mianhae.' you said and tried to pick it up, while at the same time Kim Hyun Joong bowed to pick up your pen.

Now both of you were underneath the table, just inches away from each other. 

You looked into his big brown eyes and felt his breath against your skin. He looked amused with a small smile playing on his lips.

'Here you go.' he said and gave you the pen. When he did this, both of your hands touched.

You were so shocked at this sudden touch that your body lifted up in a reflex.

'OW!' you said after hitting your head on the table. 

Hyun Joong also came above the table and tried his best to keep a straight face. 

He laid your pen on your table. 

'Uh... Gamsahamnida.' you said and bowed clumsily while still rubbing the top of your head.

He nodded and focused on what Mr. Kim was writing on the blackbord. 

You slightly smiled to hide your shame, but felt like crying inside.

'Aish, JinYoung you babo! Why does this always have to happen to me?' you thought and buried your face inside your arms, not aware of Kim Hyun Joong hiding his smile behind his hand.

~~~

School was over and you plugged your earphones in. 

Walking out of school you saw Hyun Joong sitting on the stairs with his phone in his hands.

'I wonder what he's doing. Probably waiting to be picked up. Maybe I should try and talk to him, so he can see I'm not a big of an idiot as I seem to be.' you said to yourself.

Walking to him, you suddenly felt being pushed aside by someone.

'Mianhae.' you heard a girl voice say quickly as she walked passed you, in Hyun Joongs direction.

It was Lee MinYeong.