Chapter 7

Detective Jung Daehyun

Daehyun took Youngjae to the nurses office, opening the door with the big red cross on it was greeted with an all white room with chairs,a desk and two beds. The nurse was at the medicine cabinet checking to see if everything was there and if it was up to date. The nurse turned when she heard the door close and gasped when she saw how beaten up Youngjae looked. 

"Oh my god, Youngjae are you alright?" the nurse asked as she approched him. The nurse was still pretty young, her light brown hair tied in a high pony tail and some thin rimmed glasses sat on the top of her head and she was wearing an all white coat like the doctors wear. 

"Just the normal beat up again" Youngjae said softly. The nurse gave a concerned look and motioned Youngjae to sit on the bed. Daehyun followed behind him and sat one on the chairs that were against the wall. 

"Oh, are you a friend of Youngjaes?" The nursed asked as she just noticed that Daehyun was there. 

"You could say that, I saw him get beat up and went to go stop it" He explained. 

"You stopped the bullies?" The nursed asked with wide eyes. Daehyun just nodded at her and she still had a very surprised look on her face. She went to the cabinet and took out of cloth wipes and a bottle which seems to be disinfectant and made her way over to Youngjae. "I'll leave this here for you to do yourself, since I know how much you don't want me to do it for you" she laughed softly as she placed the bottle and wipes on the bed next to Youngjae. 

"I don't want you to worry about me" Youngjae said with a small smile. The nurse smiled softly and went to the door. 

"If you need anything, I'll be next door" she said as she opened the door and left. Youngjae turned to go grab the bottle but hissed in pain since he was kicked in the stomach. Daehyun got up from his seat and dragged it in front of Youngjae. 

"Let me do it for you" He said. Before Youngjae could stop him Daehyun already had the bottle and wipes in his hand. 

"I'm sorry for dragging you along with me" He sad in a sad voice. 

"It's alright, its better to know that you're okay or not" he replied as he poured the disinfectant onto the wipe "Now, this might hurt" as he slowly placed the wipes on the boys face, Youngjae hissed in pain and shut his eyes as Daehyun continued to dab the cloth around his face. "So, do the always do this to you? You said to the nurse that it was he normal thing" He asked. 

"Yeah.." Youngjae said softly, as he looked down "They always pick on me and always beat me up. It becomes so often that its a thing that doesn't surprise me anymore" He explained. He looked towards Daehyun who was getting out a new wipe from the plastic "Why did you help me?" He asked, Daehyun stopped what he was doing at looked up at the boy, his big brown doe eyes staring back at him. 

"I Wasn't going to do anything, Than Jaebum told me to do something" He semi-lied, this whole mission thing was Youngjae to like Jaebum so why not say that Jaebum cares. Daehyun noticed that when he mentioned the said boy that Youngjaes reaction changed. 

"J-jaebum told you too?" He asked. Daehyun nodded and contuined to proceed to get out the wipe from the plastic. 

"He really wanted to help you but was scared what was going to happen, so I stepped in for him" Daehyun told, once again putting the wipe on the other side of the youngers face, his face scrunching up from the stinging. "Can I ask, Do you have something against Jaebum? Whenever I say his name you freak out and try to avoid me and when you saw Jaebum next to you after you got beaten up you freaked. You know that hurts his feelings right"

"You don't know about Jaebum? I thought you were his friend" Youngjae asked in confusion. 

"I just moved him from Busan and I'm staying at his house, so I don't really know anything about him" Daehyun told. It was true, he didn't really know anything about Jaebum but it really isn't his bussiness. 

"Jaebum only cares about his social status" Youngjae started to explain. 

"Social status? so his like popular or something?"  

"He used to be apart of Yongguks gang" Daehyun eyes widened from what he just heard. 

"As in that big tiger that attacked you?" He asked. 

"Yeah, Jaebum was in his group and he would always pick on everyone including me" he said softly "Jaebum was the nicer one in the group tho, he knew the limit when he made fun of others and wouldn't want to beat up someone but was peer pressured into doing so by Yongguk. I had one class with him and he seemed so different when he was with the group, he would always smile and laugh and he was really nice to the point that I thought that he was actually a good person, that is until his gang targeted me next" Youngjae told, his eyes looking away, a sad look onto his face. 

"What happened next?" Daehyun asked, he could not believe that Jaebum was apart of Yongguks group, not wonder Youngjae was scared of him.

"They beat me really badly that it was hard for me to breathe, I felt like i was going to die, my whole body was sore and I was bleeding but than something happened that I didn't suspect. After Yongguks group left, Jaebum came and helped me, he took me to the nurses office and made sure the nurse took care of me. I didn't really know what was going on since i was on the urge of going unconcuisous but I heard how Jaebum was worried about me, And when I woke up I was in the nurses office all alone. Since that day Jaebum left Yongguks group, saying that he never wanted to go into a group like his ever. But because he left people thought weak of him so he started to act all cool and such for social status" He finished explaining. 

"So, you're scared of him?" Daehyun asked a bit confused. 

"Kind of, I don't want to go near him because he might tease me or hurt me again but also I'm scared that If I thank him for helping me it would affect his social status and all..." he trailed off. 

"So you don't hate him?" 

Youngjae quickly shock his head "No, I could never hate him. but that doesn't mean that I'm so fond of him. I don't like how his acting now just because his popular now.."

"Don't worry, He might be clouded in fame but he still really cares, I mean he was just about to step out and save you but I beat him too it" Daehyun told the younger. 

"Really? he was really going to come and help me?" Youngjae asked. A little hint of happiness in his voice. 

"Yeah, but he was being such a coward about it that I stepped up before things got worse" 

"Thank you... for helping me" Youngjae said shyly as he thanked the elder. It was the first time someone actually stood up to yongguk's group and he was thankful for it. 

"Hey, it was nothing. Someone had to stand up to him." Daehyun laughed softly. "Why don't you go up to Jaebum and say thanks? I'm sure he would like that" Daehyun said. 

"Why would he want to talk to a nerd like me? Plus everyone will judge me for approaching him" He said sadly, Remembering the times when he just wanted to approach him but was scared to do so. 

"You know he really wants to talk to you too" Daehyun said 

"Really?" Youngjae asked in excitement. 

"Yep" Daehyun nodded. 

"I would like that.. but I don't think right now would be okay and all...tho I would like it he if was the one to talk to me first rather than me doing so, I'm to shy and scared to do so" 

That was what Daehyun needed to hear, So Youngjae wanted Jaebum to be the one to approach him so that why he woundn't get that much hate if he talked to him first. He needed to tell Jaebum this oh and that he shouldn't bloody care about social status, Its freaken school what's the big deal of being popular? 

"Are you okay to get home yourself? Its' almost time for the end of school and I need to be back in time. But if you're not I can walk you home. Youngjae smiled. A smile that Daehyun couldn't stop staring at, a smile that made him feel fluffy inside. With Youngjaes fluffy cheeks and his eye smile Daehyun knew that he wanted Youngjae to smile more. 

"It's okay, the walk isn't that far and about the pain its alright, like I said its something that I'm used too" He replied softly. Daehyun smiled and nodded and bid goodbye to Youngjae hoping that he will be okay on his way home, Youngjae thanked Daehyun again before he left and waved at the elder. 

Daehyun made his way to the exit, he had to talk to Jaebum. About his stupid social status, That he was apart of Yongguks group that practically traumatized the poor boy and about how Youngjae is waiting for Jaebum to approach him first. He had to slap some sense into that boy and get his act together. Daehyun had a small smile on his face when he pushed past the main doors when the bell rang, remembering the cute boy and his smile, making sure that Jaebum keeps it on his face and if not he will instead.


Hello all!!~ 

Sorry for the really late update. 

Sorry for the lame chapter too.. I thought about something different 

but Didn't really want to go with it and now it came out sh!t... 

so sorry, I :c 

Anyho, I hope you all had a great christmas 

and happy new years!!~ :D 

please mind all my mistakes 

So enjoy!! 

Don't forget to COMMENT and SUBSCRIBE!~ 

Love you all!~ <3