mutilation out of sight

{ 거짓말이야/geojitmal } Lies ...

After quite a few hours of bawling her eyes out, Jiyeon stood up and went to the bathroom. Her reflection in the mirror staring right back at her with haunting swollen eyes and pale tear-stained cheeks.

Her dress was crinkled, she had thrown her heels off a long time ago, and her curls were now flat against her porcelain skin.

'Look at you. You're horrendous.' Taunted her conscious. 'Your body is totally unproportioned and look at your face. Your ugly.' More tears had threatened to spill as she looked into the mirror. Her conscious was right. No wonder Seungho wouldn't take her out on dates anymore.

Because she was ugly.

Ever since T-ara's YaYaYa promotions, she'd been the only member that had gained weight while the rest of the members lost.

And then, she was removing her clothing. Only leaving her in her bra and underwear.

'Ugh, you are revolting.' Her conscious spat. Jiyeon looked to her stomach. She wasn't "fat", but nothing was perfect in Jiyeon's eyes. She looked down at her thighs. 'Oh god, you are disgusting. Look at all that fat!' There it [her conscious] went again. Always putting her down.

She looked at her arms. They lacked muscle. 'There's only one thing left to do,' she bit her lip. 'to relieve this pain i'm feeling.'

She opened a drawer and spotted something slick, shiny and tempting.

A razor.

Jiyeon gripped it tightly in white knuckles. 'Here goes nothing.' She thought to herself. She first started on her stomach. Once the sharp object sliced her smooth skin open, she sighed in relief.

The razor leaving angry bleeding cuts in its wake. She then moved onto her calves and thighs. Thin, long and red cuts aligning themselves along her long legs.

And then ... her wrists. 'No, you've gone to far. You'll die of blood loss.' Finally, the rational side of her conscious managed to break through all that sorrow, self-hate, and pain.

Jiyeon dropped the razor and cried out in agony. 'Look at you ... moping like this over some boy!' Her conscious spat out venemously.

"He's not just some BOY!" She yelled out and kicked the door. "He's the love of my life..." She added softly, tears streaking their way down to her neck and onto her collarbone.

'Who'da thunk it? A well-known idol breaking down like this. Mutilation is out of sight in this indusrty.' The voice came back. 

Jiyeon glared at nothing in particular. "Everyone has a breaking point." She said.

"It's only human."