suspicions

{ 거짓말이야/geojitmal } Lies ...

Jiyeon’s POV

“Wahhh~ Oppa, let’s go into that store. It looks like they’ve got great sunglasses.” I say and drag him over. I hear him laugh behind me and pull me back from incoming traffic. “Aish~ you’re so reckless, Jiyeon-ah.” He says. I beam up at him and bite my lip. I’ve honestly never had this much fun with him, I must admit.

“So, how have you been?” He asks. I’m puzzled, but answer him. “Uhm, I’ve been … I’ve been good.” I say quickly. He smiles. “That’s good.” I nod and smile at him as well. “And you, Oppa?” I ask him and play with his fingers mindlessly as we cross the street. I hear him sigh 

“I’ve been busy, one of the many reasons why I haven’t been very close to you.” He says. I hum and nod as we near the store and he opens the door for us. “Ah, it’s ok Oppa.” I say. “You’re here with me now, and that’s all that matters.” I see him smile, but this time, it’s not as bright or … sincere. But I quickly brushed it off and pushed that thought aside.

He must be tired.’ I thought. ‘Oppa’s always so busy.’

I grabbed a pair of pink flowery sunglasses and tried them on. I pursed my lips and posed in front of the mini mirror. Oppa laughs and tries on a pair himself. I laugh and poke his cheek. We both set them down after taking a picture and walked to the hat section.

“I know you’ve been pretty busy as well.” He says. I nod. “Neh, we’ve had way too many promotions as of late. With Cry Cry and Lovey Dovey and now Dream High 2 I… I sometimes think that I won’t be able to handle all of it.” I sigh as I put on a fluffy kitty hat.

He hugs me from behind and we look in the body-length mirror. “You’ll be alright. You’re a very strong person, Jiyeon-ah, I know you are.” He says and I can almost sense a sort of … sadness in his voice. I turn around and take the hat off, this time, wanting to ask him if something is wrong.

“You seem a little off, Oppa. Gwenchana?” I say and put a hand to his forehead. He takes my hand in his and grips it lightly. He shakes his head. “Ani, I’m fine.” He grabs two matching pairs of black sunglasses, a beanie for him, and a scarf for me. “Let’s just take these and go, neh? I’m dying for some Ddukkbokki.” He smiles and drags us to the cashier.

 

Outside On The Streets Of Hongdae

“Yah, Hyung that really hurt!” A young man rubbed at his forehead and pouted at the older man. “That’s what we agreed on if you couldn’t get a higher score than me on the hammer!” Said man laughed. The young man shoved at his Hyung as he continued laughing.

“Yah, I’m your elder, don’t push me.” He says in between loud waves of laughter.

“Yah, Lee Joon!” The boy, Chulyong, shoved at his Hyung again, but this time, pushing his hat into his face. Joon sobers up and fixes his hat. “Admit it, Chulyong. You just at that game. And now, you faced the consequences.” Chulyong pouts and looks away into the distance.

“Look hyung, look, isn’t that … doesn’t that look like someone we know?” He asks and shoves at his Hyung’s shoulder again. Joon, not happy about this, grabs his hand and twists it away. “Yah, chooguleh?  Who do you think you are?”

“Forget that, doesn’t it look like someone we know?” He asks once more. Joon sighs and turns into the direction Chulyong is pointing. He makes a face. “She looks like any other girl on the street, Mir. Besides, who cares. Stop making such a big deal out of it.” He says and walks up to a Ddukkbokki stand on the side of the road.

“Hyunnngggg~ we just ate and you already want to eat junk?” Mir comes up behind him and looks over his shoulder. Joon orders a plate of Ddukkbokki and immediately starts eating. He reaches behind him to feed Mir to find him looking over at the street. “Yah, I’m trying to feed you, open up.” He says. Mir opens his mouth and swallows the delicious rice cake.

“Look, look, Hyung, she’s coming this way, and she’s with somebody. I know we know her.” He jumps. Joon rolls his eyes. “She has glasses and a scarf on, and you say you know her? Aish, you’re crazy.” He shakes his head and continues eating.

He sees Mir casually take a seat beside him as some boy and the girls he claims to “know” near the stand.

He watches the boy step up and order a plate of Ddukkbokki for the both of them. He tilts his head to the side. There’s something familiar about the male’s voice. “Oh, Oppa, can we get some Soondae as well.” He hears the girl say as she hug the boys arm and lean into him.

Ok, there’s definitely something familiar about the girl’s voice as well. He feels a sudden vibration in his pocket and pulls out his phone. It was a message from Mir.

 

'나는그녀대해친근감이말했잖아.그냥...내가몰라.우리가그녀를알고있는같아. '

‘I told you there was something familiar about her. It’s just … I don’t know what. But I feel like we know her.’

Joon rolls his eyes and replies to the message

'어떻게느끼한미르. 하지만내가어딘가뿐만아니라그녀의목소리를들었다고생각합니까. '

‘How cheesy, Mir. But I do think I’ve heard her voice somewhere as well.’

 

“Yah, whatever Hyung.” Mir called out and it definitely got the girl’s attention. She gave him a weird look and looked away quick. But then turned her attention back to them.

“Mireu?” She asks. Mir coughs into his fist and looks at her. “Aish~ is my disguise really that horrible?” He rants on. Joon hits him on the shoulder. “Yah, you don’t just give yourself away like that!” He scolds. The girl looks surprised and shakes the boy’s arm.

“Joon Oppa, is that you?” She calls. Joon attention diverts from Mir and turns to her. The girl removes her glasses as well as the boy. It was Yoo Seungho and Park Jiyeon.

“Oh! Jiyeonnie! I knew it, I knew it, didn’t I tell you Hyung!?” Mir exclaims and shakes his shoulder, but Joon removes unmoving.

“P-Park Jiyeon!”

Jiyeon waves excitedly at them. “Annyeong~"