awkward and uneasy

{ 거짓말이야/geojitmal } Lies ...

recap |

“Joon Oppa, is that you?” She calls. Joon's attention diverts from Mir and turns to her. The girl removes her glasses as well as the boy. It was Yoo Seungho and Park Jiyeon.

“Oh! Jiyeonnie! I knew it, I knew it, didn’t I tell you Hyung!?” Mir exclaims and shakes his shoulder, but Joon remains unmoving.

“P-Park Jiyeon!”

Jiyeon waves excitedly at them. “Annyeong~"

 


 

Joon coughs awkwardly into his sleeve as Jiyeon beams up at the two older men. “Oh Jiyeonnie, so good to see you!” Mir exlcaims. Jiyeon bows politely and turns to Seungho. Getting the message, Seungho gives an uncomfortable bow, “Annyeonhasaeyo, sunbaes.” He mutters.

Something in Joon stirs as he locks eyes with the younger boy. There was something strange about said boy. The way he immediately tensed up when they realized who they were. He snaps out of his trance when Jiyeon turns to him.

“Oppa, long time no see!” She says. “You don’t text me as much anymore, either.” She pouts and Seungho narrows his gaze towards her. Joon slyly puts his arm around her and watched Seungho’s expression with his trained peripheral.

He smirks and flips his wild hair out of his face. “I just didn’t want to bug my favorite dongsaeng.” He says and Jiyeon pouts once more. Joon internally swoons. ‘Aigoo, this girl doesn’t realize how cute she is…’

Seungho clears his throat quite loudly as he eats his Ddukkbokki and Joon rejoices in the fact that he knows he’s making the younger boy uncomfortable.

Jiyeon slaps his arm playfully. “You could never bug me, Oppa!” She exlaims. Joon smiles widely and pokes Jiyeon’s cheek playfully. “Arasso, I’ll make sure we talk more.” And slides his arm off of her.

Seungho clears his throat once more and Joon looks up at him. “Yah, is there something in your throat?” Jiyeon whips around and puts her hands on Seungho’s cheeks.

“Omo! Oppa, are you getting sick?” She bites her lip in worry and Seungho rips her hands off his face. Jiyeon frowns and Joon glares. Mir awkwardly watches the scene unfold while eating his soondae.

Seungho looks down. “I’m going to go find a bathroom.” And with that he walks away. “W-waeyo! Oppa, chakamaenyo!” She shouts. Jiyeon starts to follow but is halted by a warm hand wrapping around her small wrist. She turns around.

“Why don’t you let him go and we’ll sit here and converse, hmm?” Joon asks and pats the seat beside him. Jiyeon is uneasy and looks at Seungho’s retreating figure. She huffs and ultimately sits down. Joon smiles and Jiyeon forces a meek grin.

Mir orders another order for Joon and Jiyeon and they eat in an awkward silence. “So…” Joon clears his throat, “How’re your and your boyfriend doing?” He asks dubiously. Joon obviously knows something is off, but would rather have Jiyeon tell him for herself.

Jiyeon turns to him while poking at her food. “We’re…we’re...spectacular.” She says brightly, but he can tells it’s very forced. Joon frowns but lets it go nonetheless. “Arasseo…if you say so, Jiyeonnie.” And shoves another rice cake into his mouth.

Jiyeon turns to him suspiciously but says nothing. She snaps out of it when her iPhone chirps.

And what she read made her heart drop.

 

좋은 느낌되지 않았습니다. 집에 가서

‘Wasn’t feeling good. Went home.’

 

Mir sees this and jabs Joon. Joon looks up at him and sees Mir motion toward Jiyeon. Her expression is absolutely crestfallen. Joon frowns once more. “Everything ok, dongsaeng?” He asks curiously. Jiyeon whips her head to the side and slams her phone down on the table.

“N-neh, Oppa.” She forces another smile and turns away, tears already forming in the back of her eyes. Joon and Mir share a look and shrug. Mir pulls out his phone and types in something with his swift fingers.

Joons phone rings and he pulls it out of his pocket. The message was from Mir.

 

나는 승호 함께 수있는 뭔가가 느낌이 있습니까?’ It read.  

Why do I have a feeling this has something to do with Seungho-ssi?

 

Joon looks at Jiyeon, who has long stopped eating, and then at Mir who is shoveling food in and grips his phone tightly and recalls the last time he encountered the young boy at an episode of Star Golden Bell.

 


 

authorsnote | I know, oh god I know. Your author has been very, very, very bad! Nappeun yeoja! I’m so sorry that I haven’t updated in like what…a year? Damnnn. But anyways, I really do hope you guys don’t hate me! >.< Here’s the next chapter, with a little more Joon and Jiyeon interaction. And what's this? Joon and Seungho have met before? Mworago!? Lol, i really hope you readers are still out there xP