29th Chapter

We Meet on AFF...

Scene 1: Europe, in the catholic church of Interlaken

On the set: Taemin and almost the whole production team

After arriving in Interlaken, Aaron and Taemin had split ways again. Aaron and two members of the production team (the coordinator of the whole trip and a one of the staff who speaks English to be precise) went to the hospital to check things out. Actually, Aaron had wanted for Taemin to come along too, but he had insisted that there was something he absolutely had to do first.

Thus he and the rest of the production team went where they are now: The catholic church of Interlaken.

Entering the warmly lit church, Taemin respectfully makes the sign of the cross and bows before he walks to the front and sits down on one of the wooden benches. Folding his hands and closing his eyes he then prays for all that’s important to him.

 

Scene 2: Europe, on his way back from the catholic church of Interlaken

On the set: Taemin and almost the whole production team (same as in previous scene)

As they’re walking back to the bus stop, the production team asks Taemin who he prayed for.

Taemin (with a thoughtful smile): For those people around me…

Working colleagues… people who gave me the opportunity to get where I am now…

For those who help me a lot…

My members… friends…

And… for those who I love.

My family… and Aaron…

And for those who support us…

Our fans…

So… for everyone…

(Suddenly turning bashful; looks down)

And… this and that…

I prayed that the things I just started will turn out right. I prayed that I will be able to make the girl who had just become my most important treasure happy. That I will never make her cry.

The camera men then pack up their equipment as they have reached the bus stop. But when the bus that would take them to the hospital arrives, Taemin makes no attempt to get on.

A camera man: Err, Taemin? The bus is here…?

Taemin (smiling sheepishly): Erm, actually there’s still something that I need to take care of, so… you can go ahead already and I will come to the hospital as soon as I’m done, okay?

Director (flabbergasted): Are you crazy?! Where do you want to go now?! You’re injured, for heaven’s sake! Coming to this church was already…! (Sighs) Come on, let’s just go to the hospital and get you treated. You can take care of whatever you still need to do afterwards, oh?

But Taemin only smiles back at him with no intention of giving in and in the end, the director sighs resigned and shakes his head. But then he still follows after Taemin. Leaving him to wander about alone in his state is absolutely out of the question, after all.

 

Scene 3: Europe, old town of Interlaken

On the set: Taemin and almost the whole production team (same as in previous scene)

Getting more and more confused and curious as to what Taemin’s purpose is for coming here, the production team follows him through the streets of Interlaken’s old town. Taemin’s steps are purposeful and he seems to know exactly to where he’s headed.

Finally, he stops in front of a white building with a big shop window where a lot of beautiful jewellery was laid out for display; a goldsmith.

Taemin (turning around to the production team): Please just wait here for a moment, I’ll be right back.

And he disappears inside the store.

 

Scene 4: At the hospital in Interlaken, accident and emergency department

On the set: Aaron, Taemin, Kihyun, director, coordinator, one of the staff to translate

After Taemin finally enters the A&M department, he doesn’t have to wait long until a doctor comes to examine him. All thanks to Aaron already taking care of the administrative things prior to Taemin's arrival at the hospital. The doctor asks what exactly had happened and takes a look at Taemin's chest, before Taemin is sent to the X-ray room and the rest is just left to wait.

Upon arriving at the hospital, the director had sent the rest of the production team back to the hotel in Leukerbad. He had figured that today they won't get to shoot any footage anymore. So, now there is just a small group of people with Taemin at the hospital.

After about ten minutes Taemin comes back from his examination and lies down on the hospital bed again. All eyes turn towards the doctor who is now analysing the X-ray images.

Aaron (apprehensive): And? How bad is it?

Doctor: Well, they're pretty much broken now. Look here. (Draws a circle that covers two ribs on the screen) This is where the fractures are. (To Taemin) But you were lucky; it's a clean break and almost no displacement. Also, it seems your internal organs didn't suffer any damage.

Aaron after breathing out relieved: That's good... Erm, you said it's broken now; so before it wasn't?

Doctor (nodding): Yes, it seems so. Do you see these slightly thicker parts of the bone right around the fracture? (Points at screen again and Aaron and Taemin nod) When fractures heal, the bone gets thicker at that part. And here I see thicker parts that are broken too. Thus, my assumption is that at first there was only a crack. But then due to the exerted pressure from skydiving, paragliding, and skiing the cracks deepened until your rib finally broke today when you fell down. (Now looking at Taemin again) This would also explain how you could do all those sports without it being extremely painful.

Hearing that, Aaron slumps back and looks down biting her lips.

Aaron: If I had just insisted a little more...! If I had just been a little more stubborn...! If I had just been more careful...! Just what on earth had gotten into me earlier?! Hitting him even though I knew about his rib?! No matter how I turn it, this is all my fault!

Taemin, noticing the guilty look on Aaron's face: If you're trying to blame yourself again, stop it. It's not going to help anyone and me least of all. It will only make me feel bad for making you feel this way.

Aaron (frowning): But it IS my fau--!

Taemin: It's not! If anyone were to blame, then that'd be me. (Aaron opens to protest but Taemin doesn't let her) For not listening to you.

He gives Aaron a boyish smile making her first look at him surprised but then smile bashfully.

Seeing that, he director and the coordinator exchange a short glance before the latter turns to the translator and asks him something. The translator then clears his throat to courteously interrupt the bickering of the two.

Translator (towards the doctor): Ahem. So, what does this mean now for Taemin? I expect you will have to treat him. Will he have to stay at the hospital? And if so, for how long?

Doctor: Well, judging from the X-ray images and my physical examination earlier I don't think he'll need to stay at the hospital. Broken ribs usually heal themselves. (Turning to Taemin again) But I will give you painkillers to ensure that you can breathe and cough properly and some antibiotics to prevent an infection. Here. These are the first dose. (Hands Taemin two pills and a plastic cup filled with water) And of course you'll need to rest for the next four to five weeks while the bones heal. (Watches Taemin swallow his medics, before he continues) Oh, and I heard you're flying back to South Korea tomorrow?

He looks up to the translator and then to the director and coordinator for confirmation but the translator doesn’t need to forward the question know the answer.

Translator (nodding): Yes, tomorrow at noon. Why? Will it be a problem?

Doctor: No, as all his other organs seem to be fine, I don't think so. But you can tell them at the check-in that he is injured. (Looking at Taemin again) Then, they will let you board with other injured or handicapped people first. And of course, you should go see a doctor as soon as you're back home so that he can monitor your healing process and treat you if there would be any complications.

Taemin: Yes, of course.

Doctor: Then, is there anything else you'd like to know?

The doctor looks at Aaron and at the tree men standing behind Taemin too. But they all shake their heads.

Doctor: Okay. Then, I think we're done. Just wait here until the nurse comes and brings you your medicaments. She will also explain how exactly you should use them. (Stands up and shakes everyone's hand, lastly Taemin's) Get well soon and a good flight back home.

He then leaves to attend his next patient and the five are left by themselves. Letting out a long breath, Taemin relaxes on the bed and momentarily closes his eyes. He can already feel the pain subsiding as the pain killers are kicking in. When he opens his eyes again, they automatically search for Aaron. He finds her looking at him with a worried frown again.

Aaron: How are you feeling? Does it still hurt?

Taemin (smiling at her): Don't worry; I'm fine. The medics are already starting to work.

Aaron sighs relieved and her expression relaxes. But then the frown returns to her forehead. Though this time it is a scrutinising one.

Taemin (confused): What?

Aaron (suspiciously yet not without a threatening edge): You'd better do as the doctor said...!

Taemin (blinking confused): What do you mean...? Ah! About me resting when we get back?

He gives her a winning smile but Aaron just continues to stare at him sceptically while trying not to let his smile affect her.

Taemin (pouting): Yah! I just agreed to it, didn't I?! Don't you believe me?

Aaron: Who knows...! You refused to go see a doctor for three days already! But just so you know, I'll be watching you! (Points her index and middle finger to her eyes and then to Taemin’s for added effect) And if I'm going to see, read, or hear about you dancing or doing any other straining activity, I will call your company and ask them why the hell they aren't taking care of their idols properly! (Panting a little because she had talked herself into a rage)

But instead of feeling guilty or intimidated or anything like that, Taemin breaks out in a broad smile.

Aaron (exasperated): And he smiles! Yah! Some people worry about you, you know?! Feel at least a little guilty, will you?! Tche... (Looks to the side)

Taemin is watching Aaron with that affectionate expression again, when the nurse enters with the medicaments and diverts his attention.

 


Heeyy, everybody!! New chap is up! ^^

Sooo, from here on the story will become less and less "realistic". Well, after all, they are together now (yayyy!! *throws confetti* XD) and as far as I know Lee Taemin hasn't made any public statement about being in a relationship so far... ^.^ Hence, there are bound to be "unrealistic" scenes... XDD Just wanted to have that said... hehe ^^

Oh, and I completely forgot to wish you all a merry Christmas and a happy new year with the last chapter! So, I'm doing it now! ^^ Thank you for staying with me for, omg, I think it's been already over a year now!! O.o Anyway, thank you for staying with me all this time!!! :DDD