24th Chapter

We Meet on AFF...

Scene 1: Switzerland, Leukerbad, Taemin's hotel room

On the set: Aaron, Taemin

Aaron: I think I need a new heart...

Since my old one just spontaneously combusted a few seconds ago...

You heard that, NamTei? You need to give me a new heart or I won't be able to move for the rest of my life and will stand here until my hair turns white while staring into space with wide eyes and my mouth open giving flies and co. unlimited permission to nest in it!!

...

"Like what you see?" He said...!

Kyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa~!!!!

I think I died yet again...

Carole’s worried voice cuts through Aaron’s fantasies: Aaron, it's not funny anymore! Do you even know how worried we were?! We almost called the police, you know?!

Aaron: Okay, breathe in, breathe out... breathe in... breathe out...

It's not hellllllpingggg~~!!!!!

Kyahahahaaaaaaaaaaa~!!!!

Carole (starting to panic): Aaron?!!

Aaron: Okay, Aaron, get your act together now! Or else Carole might really lose it! (Sits down on the edge of the bed) Ponies and rainbows... rainbows and ponies...

(And finally into the phone)

Yes?

Carole (audibly relieved): Yah!! I'm worried sick here and all you say is 'yes'?!

Aaron: I'm sorry...

Carole: Yeah, you'd better be! (Then, sternly) And now. Now, you'll quickly tell me how on earth you ended up in in a place like Leukerbad!

Aaron: Hahaha, suuuure... But I don't think you'll believe me... Hehehehehehehe

Carole: You won't know until you try.

Aaron (while ginning like crazy and feeling completely elated): Okay. I ended up heeere... Because~ Tadam-tadaaa~! LEE TAEMIN CARRIED ME HERE!!!!!!!! KYAAAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA~!!!!!!!! (Throws her arms around herself and rolls around on the bed because she can't contain her excitement. Then, upon realising that this is not just any bed, but actually the bed Taemin has slept in, mumbles) Ohmygod...! This is...! Kyaaaaa~!!! And then...! This scent...! Must be... HIS?! Gyaaaaaaaaaaahh~!!!! Johda! Choha…! Hehe, I’m in heeeeeaven!! Ahhhh~!!

Carole (horrified): Oh God...! And you got drugged...?!

Aaron (finding the association very apt): Hihihiahaha, yup! I totally am! It's my very own personal drug!! And it goes by the name Lee Taemin!! Kyahahahahaha!!

Carole (still horrified): God, they really pumped you full with that stuff, huh...? (Between gritted teeth) Those #%#$@%$&$@%!!!!! Alright, you said you are in Leukerbad, right? Don't move an inch from where you are! Okay, if they try to give you another shot, then, of course, you should run away! Just run to the next police station! You hear me?! We'll come and get you out of there! And then I'll… (Only barely keeping herself from voicing her very unladylike intentions) Those... *insert muffled obscenities*!!!

Aaron (upon realising that Carole is dead serious): Yah, Carole, I was joking! I'm not really on drugs! Of course not! It just kind of feels like it...! And you really don't need to come and get me! I'll be returning the day after tomorrow anyway...!

Carole (very sceptical): Then what was all that just now?

Aaron (feeling slightly embarrassed): Ehehe... me spazzing excessively at my own fortune...?

Carole: What?

Aaron: Well, if you had met Key wouldn't you be freaking out like that too?

Carole (frowning): You don't actually believe that I'm buying this crap, are you?!

Aaron: Well, I told you, you wouldn't believe me...

Carole: Of course, I won’t! If you come up with such an impossible story!

Aaron: But it's true!! NamTei… NamTei from AFF is actually Lee Taemin! Lee Taemin from SHINee!!! And he's standing right beside me!! (Looks at Taemin) He's been standing right beside me all this ti-Oh my God! HE'S BEEN STANDING RIGHT BESIDE ME THE WHOLE TIME!!!!!!! He saw my entire fangirling extravaganza!!!! Whahaaa, the embarrassment!! The SHAME!!! (Whines) Carole~! Heeeelpp?!

Carole (slowly starting to believe her): Wait... you're not kidding...?

Aaron (pitifully): No, huhuhu... Do you want me to prove it by putting him on the phone, or something? In the meantime, I'll go and burry myself beneath the tree outside if you don't mind...

Carole (stuttering due to disbelieve): P-put him on the p-phone…?! Ah… uhh… y-yeah…?

Aaron: What? Ah, I was just saying but-no, nothing… well, here you go... (Hands the phone to Taemin)

Taemin to Aaron (smiling): You said her name is Carole, right?

Aaron nods.

Taemin into the phone: Hey, Carole. This is Lee Taemin speaking... How are you doing?

Silence from the other end of the line.

Taemin looks at Aaron questioningly but Aaron just smiles knowingly. She knows exactly what is going on in her friend's mind right now. After all, she had experienced the same thing just a few hours ago!

Taemin: Carole?

Carole (breathless): Oh my God. It is really nice to meet you, Lee Taemin-ssi! Your English is excellent!

Taemin (smiling): Thank you very much! I've been practicing a lot lately...! (Glances at Aaron)

Aaron mouths back: What?

Carole: Whaa, I really don't know what to say right now...! My head is like a big mess... Ummm... Oh, and I am a HUUUUGE fan of yours!! Seriously! SHINee rocks!! Hahaha...

Taemin (still smiling): Thanks for that, too! From what I heard about you, you are a really loyal shawol... Always buying our albums and watching our shows.

Carole (embarrassed): Ahaha, I guess...? (And quietly to herself) Just how much did that girl babble about me...?! (Then to Taemin again) Errr, I'm sorry; I'd really like to talk to you longer but there are some serious questions that I need to ask this girl standing beside you...!

Taemin (completely understanding what she means) chuckles: I understand. Well, then... It was nice talking to you, Carole! Hope we'll someday get the chance to meet!

Carole (the excitement in her voice showing clearly): Hehe, I guess my answer to that is more than obvious...! In that case, see you soon?

Taemin: Haha, I’ll see what I can do! So bye, I'm giving the phone back to Aaron now... (To Aaron) Here.

Aaron (after cautiously putting the phone to her ear): Car—?

Carole (not even letting Aaron finish): YAH!!! How-No, why is-I mean where on earth did-I mean, EXPLAINNN~!!!!!!!!

Aaron (suddenly shy): Err, there is not much to explain though... As I already said, NamTei turned out to be Taemin himself. NamTei is actually an anagram for Taemin and I never noticed!! Well, and he came to Switzerland to shoot for a new show that will be airing soon, soo~

Carole (reproachfully): You do know that I will not be satisfied with just that, right?

Aaron (while pouting): Yes...

Carole (demanding and excited): So? Where are the juicy details???

And therefore the remaining time until dinner is spent by Aaron recounting everything to Carole down to the very last detail. Only about one small memory, whose existence Aaron had successfully managed to deny for the whole day, she kept completely quiet…

 

Scene 2: Switzerland, Hotel in Leukerbad, dining room held in a traditional elegant style that still gives a comfortable atmosphere

On the set: Taemin and filming crew at a bigger table in the centre, Aaron at a small table near the window, other hotel guests,  two or three waitresses/waiters (as it is not a very big hotel)

Dessert has just been served and the crew is eying at it with puzzled looks.

Cameraman 1: Huh? Wasn't it supposed to be chocolate mousse today?

Coordi noona: Yeah, that's what is written on the menu... This doesn't look like it at all, though...?

Taemin: ... (Secretly throws a furtive glance at Aaron and finds her looking out the window) Very suspicious...!

Finally, the waitress, who had just brought the last two plates, unveils the mystery.

Waitress (smiling): This is a Zuger Kirschtort, a Swiss speciality. It is a gift of the house. Please enjoy. (Gives an inviting nod and walks away)

(A/N: A Zuger Kirschtorte is kind of like a mille-feuille with cherry brandy. It’s very delicious! ^^)

But Taemin has his suspicions about the waitress’s explanation. Even less so when he sees Aaron eating her food with utmost concentration. And just a second later he catches her glancing over to him with anticipation written all over her face, which clears away even the last doubt about what is going on here.

With a huge smile threatening to rip his mouth apart, he takes out his cell phone and types a message to Aaron.

Taemin: Yah! Are you crazy?! Giving us such a huge present! But thanks though…!! Thanks a LOT!! Really, it looks delicious!! Whoa…!! ^-^ I’m going to dig in now!!

Aaron’s reply arrives instantly.

Aaron: Aww, you found out already? No fun~ XP But I’m glad you like it…! *^.^*

Taemin: Well, you were behaving all suspiciously in your little corner over there, so it was pretty much obvious… ^^

Aaron: Ahaha, I can’t lie at all… ^^

Taemin: Nope, not at all! ^^ Though that’s a good thing. It’s not healthy for the psyche to lie a lot… :)

Aaron: Hmm, I guess so, huh… Why, do you need to be dishonest a lot?

Taemin: Well… I’m being dishonest right now…? =)

Aaron: Eh? You are?? O.o Why?

Taemin: Because I’m smiling happily and acting like I’m completely contented with my current situation when, actually, I’d rather be sitting vis-à-vis from you right now and watching you eat…? XD

When Aaron doesn’t answer though, Taemin steals another glance at her and finds her with her hands covering her face and her ears blushing madly.

Taemin: Did you know? You look very cute when you’re flustered like this…!

Aaron: Oh my God, stop it~! *><* I’m going to melt right here on this very chair where everybody will witness it!! >///<

Taemin: Awwww~!! Gwiyeobda~! But don’t worry; melt as much as you want…! ^^ I’ll always be there to put you back together… :)

(A/N: Gwiywobda means cute.)

Aaron: You know even saying it in Korean won’t diminish my embarrassment…! Gwiyeobda is one of the words used most often in dramas; I know it’s meaning perfectly…! ^^

Oh, and à-propos putting together… About your broken rib; you know you should at least get it treated by Kihyun. He’s your bodyguard, right?

Taemin: *nodding emoticon* Yes…

Aaron: So, he’ll know for sure how to do some first aid…

Taemin: Hmmm…

Aaron: *scrutinizing emoticon* You’re not thinking of not getting treated, are you?

Taemin: Ahaha… well… I heard you can’t do much anyway… ^^

Aaron: LEE TAEMIIIINNN!!!! *stern emoticon*

Taemin: *pouts* buuhuut….

Aaron: Do I need to threaten you again?! I’m really going to mess up your filming tomorrow, if I have to!!

Taemin: You’re scary…

Aaron: I’m just worried…

Taemin: Didn’t we have this conversation before…?

Aaron: Yes, we did! And you promised to go see a doctor on your way back to the airport. I’m not going to forget, I’m telling you! So, you might as well already let Kihyun do as much as he can, no? :)

Taemin: Neeeee…

Aaron: Haha, you sound like a little kid who doesn’t want to swallow his disgusting medicine…! ^.^

Taemin: And you sound like my mother…! *sulking emoticon*

Aaron: Yah! *pouts*

Taemin glances over to Aaron’s table and he finds her really pouting. A soft chuckle escapes his lips, which inevitably catches the attention of the people sitting at his table.

Coordi noona to Taemin: Huh, what’s so funny?

Taemin (quickly straightening up and hiding his cell phone): Ah, nothing… I just remembered something funny…

The crew members don’t ask any further and continue talking about other matters. But one of the camera men keeps looking at Taemin a little longer with a thoughtful expression on his face. This afternoon he has seen a rather surprising scene that explains the young boy’s behaviour right now pretty well. Even more so since, upon entering the dining room this evening, the camera man had been surprised to find out that there is someone among the hotel guests who isn’t as unfamiliar to them as the others.

 

-------------------------------

WOHOOO, I'm backkkk!!! XDDD

I am so sorry for making you guys fait for so long!! But at the same time I'm also very greatful for your kind words and understanding!! It means a lot to me! :)

Oh, and I reread some of the previous chapters and to to my horror I found several mistakes! (Like words in German!) So, I'm going to correct them, which means you subscribers will receive an updated-message even though there will be no new chapter... just telling you in advance and saying sorry! ><