20th Chapter

We Meet on AFF...

A/N: Since different languages are starting to play a bigger role now, I will introduce a new colour; namely turquoise. And I will do it the following way: If the scene plays in Europe, then the lines said in Korean will be coloured. And if the scene is taking place in Korea, then I will colour the English lines. So, in short, always the 'foreign' language will appear in turquoise. (Because I'm a lazy person... ^^) On a side mark: Thoughts will never be coloured because I consider them as something that is not necessarily in a specific language...

 


Scene 1: Europe, Switzerland, some deserted streets of the capital Bern

On the set: Aaron, Taemin, Kihyun, a gang of thugs

Having the surprise moment on his side, Taemin manages to knock out cold two gang members before they even realise what’s happening to them. But even then it’s still six against one. Of course, Kihyun comes to Taemin’s aid as soon as he’s recovered from the latter’s punch and they manage to take out a third thug.

But then the one who Aaron had bumped into comes up with the low idea of using Aaron against them. He pulls her up from the bench and holds her in front of his chest. However, as Taemin is fighting another guy at that moment he has not yet seen that particular movement. So, that bastard grabs Aaron's arm and twists it around painfully, a sickening smirk on his disgusting face. But Aaron has seen through his intentions and firmly presses shut. Whoever her saviours might be, she can’t let them get distracted!

Not getting the wanted reaction from the girl in his hands, the thug gets enraged and he intensifies the pressure on Aaron’s arm. And this time, Aaron can’t help but let a small whimper escape her lips.

But to Taemin, who has been listening for even the slightest sound from her, it is like a scream. His head whips around and seeing the pained expression on Aaron’s face and that bastard's arm wrapped around her waist, his eyes turn dark with fury.

Taemin: That son of a !!! How DARE he!!!!

Without a second thought he lets go of the guy he’d been fighting and charges at the bastard touching his Wings. But that’s just what the thug has been aiming for. He calmly waits until Taemin is near enough and just before Taemin manages to grab Aaron the thug whirls her out of his reach, lets go of her arm, and uses his now free hand to deliver the intended punch straight to Taemin’s stomach.

There is this dreadful cracking sound and with horror Aaron sees her saviour stagger back a few steps while holding the place where he has been hit.

Aaron (terrified): Nooooooooo!!

In a sudden fit of courage, Aaron bites her assailant’s hand with all her strength.

Thug: AAAAAAAA~!! (Lets go of her due to the pain.) You !!!

He tries to grab her again, but Aaron has long hurried out of his reach.

Meanwhile, Taemin closes his eyes for a moment. Although it hurts like hell where that bastard had hit him, he cannot afford to cave in just because of that. He takes a deep breath (and winces) and reopens his eyes, pure determination burning in them.

Just then he sees Aaron freeing herself and running towards him. He feels a wave of relief wash over him.

Taemin (shouting): Kihyun! Get her and take her out of here!!

Kihyun (protesting because he’d rather have it the other way round): But Tae—!

Taemin: NOW!!

Having no time for arguments, Kihyun decides to give in for now. He grabs Aaron and forces her to run with him around the next corner. There they lean against the house wall and Kihyun glances around the corner to check whether they are being followed. They are not. Taemin is making sure to stop anyone who dares to even take as much as a single step into their direction. And with astonishment Kihyun notices that there is now even a fourth guy lying motionlessly on the ground.

Kihyun: Whoa…! That, I didn’t expect…! For a kid with his body built he fights damn well! His movements are sharp and precise and his blows lethal… Compared to the heavy fighting style of his adversaries he looks like he’s dancing…! (Shakes his head in amused amazement and watches another opponent fall down.) To think that everyone is worrying about this ‘frail’ boy…! Just look at this! Even at a single glance it is clear that they stand no chance against him…! Now, it’s so obvious that he was holding back before…! Or more like unable to fully concentrate on fighting because he was worrying about the girl…

That’s right! The girl!

Kihyun quickly turns back around to check on Aaron but finds her gone.

Kihyun (while looking around alarmed): Oh, sh!t! Where is she?! Taemin is going to kill me!

Aaron: I’m here…

Hearing her voice coming from his feet, Kihyun looks down and is relieved to see her there, leaning against the house wall and hugging her knees.

Kihyun: Uhh, gwaenchanhayo?

Aaron nods and gives a weak smile. It’s just that after the tension had partly worn off, her legs have suddenly become a little shaky and she feels tired.

Aaron (while resting her head against the wall and closing her eyes): How is he doing? (Obviously referring to Taemin) We should go and help him…!

She pushes herself up and wants to walk around the corner, but Kihyun holds her back.

Kihyun (reassuring her in a broken English): Miss not worry. He fine. They no match to him. (Glances around the corner and once again gives an amazed chuckle at the sight of the whole gang lying on the earth except for their leader.) He’s winning by a mile…

Aaron (tiredly): That’s good…

And hearing that her saviour will be alright too, the aftermath of the shock and mental stress take their toll and she drifts off to sleep.

 

Scene 2: Europe, Switzerland, nightly streets of Bern

On the set: Aaron, Taemin, Kihyun

Taemin and Kihyun are following the directions of Taemin’s smartphone to the next tramway station. Taemin is carrying the sleeping Aaron in his arms and Kihyun watches the younger boy thoughtfully as they walk in silence. He has long gotten past the view that Taemin helped the girl simply because he was there when it happened. Although Kihyun had not completely understood what Taemin had shouted at him just before he’d rushed out to rescue the girl, but he most certainly had picked up the word ‘love’. And in addition, that look of absolute rage in Taemin’s eyes when he’d seen the girl being touched by those thugs; that look is hard to misinterpret… And now, the way he holds her in his arms and how he gazes at her… It is plain obvious.

Kihyun: Lee Soo Man will not be pleased…

Taemin (breaking Kihyun’s train of thoughts): Kihyun hyung… I’d like to propose a deal. (Looks at Kihyun) As you probably noticed, I can’t quite call myself uninjured anymore…

Kihyun gives a short nod. Of course, he has noticed. After all, that injury is most likely going to be the reason why he will have to look for a new job when they return to South Korea… It is at least a broken rib...!

Taemin (continuing): But I don’t want you to have to take the blame for it, it’s my own responsibility after all. So, I will not let Lee Soo Man find out about it…

Kihyun: And where’s the deal?

Taemin: …I just need someone to help me with her… (Looks at Aaron again with a gentle smile playing on his lips)

Kihyun thinks for a second.

Kihyun: Alright. I accept. What do you need me to do?

 

Scene 3: Europe, Switzerland, nightly streets of Bern

On the set: Aaron, Taemin, Kihyun

The three have just gotten off the tramway at a station in the centre of Bern and are now walking towards the hotel Schweizerhof, where Taemin plans to get a room for Aaron as he doesn’t know where she’s staying. The hotel is right next to the train station, so when he had arrived earlier this day he’d seen it. They can already see the elegantly illuminated façade of the building when Aaron suddenly stirs in Taemin’s arms.

Taemin: Aaron?

Aaron tries to open her eyes, but her eye lids are just too heavy.

Aaron (slurring due to fatigue):  Thanks for saving me…

Taemin: You don’t have to thank me…

Aaron: No-no… need to… thank you…!

Taemin (gently): Alright, alright…!

Aaron: … need… thank…! …name?

Taemin (not actually expecting an answer): Hmmm?

Aaron: I don’t… even know… name…!

Taemin: Oh…

Aaron: What… your name?

Taemin: You… you can call me… NamTei…

Aaron (trying to push herself up): NamTei?!

Taemin (smiling): Hm-mmm

Aaron: MY NamTei?

Taemin (nodding his head): Oh…

Aaron doesn't reply for some time and Taemin almost thinks that she has fallen asleep again when she starts mumbling again.

Aaron: NamTei… I—

Taemin: Shhhh… Go back to sleep. You’re tired.

Aaron: No! I…

Taemin: Aaron, please…

Aaron: I love you.

Taemin: …

Aaron: I love you, NamTei.

 


Hey everyone!!
I'm a little busy, so I'm sorry for not replying to your comments yet!! >< I'll be away from home for three weeks now (summer break has finally, FINALLY arrived!! XDD) so I don't know when I'll be able to update again... (I'm sorry it had to be right at this position! >.<) Although, I'm returning home for a few days after one week but I'll be busy repacking my things and stuff, so yeah...  :/ But I'll be clearing my head and come back with loads and loads of good ideas...!! ^-^

Thanks for all your support!! <3 Kjerena