2nd Chapter

We Meet on AFF...

Scene 1: Europe, Aaron's room, evening

On the set: Aaron

Aaron has been at school for the whole day wondering how the response for her new fanfic was. Did the readers like it? Did someone subscribe? Comment? Those were the questions that have kept her from focusing on the bacteria transformation she has been supposed to do.

After she’s finished her homework she finally starts up her laptop and signs in to AFF. And she is delighted to see already eight subscribers and three comments!

The first comment reads: Ahhh, learning how to dance from Taemin!! I SO wanna be Yun Hee!! XDD

Aaron replies: Haha, me too!

Then she reads the next comment: Wow, your characters seem so thought-trough! I can really picture Taemin being like that. Are you stalking him or something? I’m kidding… ^^ And I like Eun Yun Hee’s character, I think I understand why Taemin falls for her… :D

Aaron: …she understands why Taemin falls for her…? That’s a rather… weird way to put it… haha, it sounds almost like a guy!

(Checks out the commenter’s profile)

No way, it IS a guy!!! That’s my first time coming across a GUY on AFF!! And he’s reading a Taemin fanfic? … is he gay? Reply… gotta reply!

Aaron types on his wall: Hey there! Thanks for subscribing to my new fanfic! Also, I’m honoured that you think I portrayed his personality well but no, I don’t stalk him. That’d be a little impossible… You see, I don’t exactly live in Korea…

And (I’m sorry if this sounds offensive; I don’t mean it that way!!) I didn’t know there were guys on AFF! But I guess I’ve just never met them… ^^

Aaron: I really hope he doesn’t take it the wrong way… Or maybe he’s some old ic geezer?!! Oh my gosh, I shouldn’t have replied!! Eottoke?? (having a minor panic attack)

After several minutes of nervously biting her nails she refreshes the page while squeezing her eyes shut.

Aaron: Please don’t let it be some ert! Please make it just some normal guy! …oh, come on, Aaron! He probably hasn’t even replied yet!

She slowly opens her eyes and they instantly focus on the orange text on black background in the upper left corner. It says ‘New wall posts’. She hesitantly clicks on it. The internet explorer loads her wall and her eyes widen at the new post. He indeed has replied already.

Aaron: Omo, he’s online?!?

She reads his reply: You’re welcome! I’m really looking forward to reading it! :D And I’m glad you’re no stalker ^^ stalkers creep me out…

You don’t live in Korea? May I ask what country you come from, then? You don’t have to answer that, if it’s too personal! (I’m Korean btw ^^)

And it’s alright, I’m not offended! ^^ I guess my kind is outnumbered here, huh? *scratches head* hope you’re not weirded out by having a guy reading and commenting your story… haha…

Aaron (mumbling shocked): He wants to know where I live?!?

Aaron: Well… everything else doesn’t sound like a pedo though…? But I guess no pedo would sound like a pedo, right? (bites her nails) Should I still reply? Hmm… what would I reply, if I did?

She types into the reply box: Haha, me too; I would never want to be stalked! I feel sorry for all those idols, though. They probably have to deal with them every day… L I would go crazy!!

Hmm… I’m just gonna say I live in Europe, eheh ^^ You’re from Korea?? Awww, unfair! You get to go to all their concerts!! *pouts*

And no, I’m not weirded out by having a guy read my story! …that is… unless you’re an old wrinkly grandpa who only does this to get a young and innocent girl’s attention? *suspiciously squints eyes* ;P

Aaron (mumbling to herself): Should I really write the last sentence? Or is it a little too rude? … But it IS a possibility! He really COULD be an old wrinkly grandpa!! But then again, every user could be one… Okay, this thought is just scary! (shudders)

Aaron (encouraging herself): Okay girl, now click on the reply button!

She draws a deep breath and hits the left button of her mouse.

As the page refreshes her eyes wander to the time at the bottom of her display. And she curses.

Aaron: Oh, damit! Eleven o’clock already?!? I’m gonna be SO dead, dead, dead tomorrow morning!!

She hurriedly logs off, shut’s her laptop down, and crawls under the covers of her bed. Her thoughts circling about this new and different subscriber of hers she falls asleep.

 

Scene 2: South Korea, SHINee dorm, about a quarter past six in the morning

On the set: SHINee, their manager

SHINee’s manager invades the peace of the dorm to wake up his boys. He starts with Jonghyun because he’s an early bird anyway. Next are Taemin and Minho and then the late risers Key and Onew.

Tired groans can be heard all over the dorm as the boys pull their blankets back over their heads. Only Jonghyun gets up straight away and starts preparing breakfast in the kitchen. After a while, Taemin and Minho also slurp out of their rooms. While Minho goes to assist their manager in waking up his hyungs, Taemin walks towards the living room; his eyes scanning the room for Key’s laptop. Once he finds it he presses the power button and heads to the bathroom to wash up while the laptop is starting up. When he comes out again, he’s drying his still wet hair with a white towel. He’s now wearing black skinny jeans and a pigeon-blue shirt. (A/N: Where I got the outfit idea from ^^: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gL6So2yxgO4) He drapes the towel around his neck, plops himself onto the couch, and grabs Key’s laptop.

Yes, he’s signing in to his AFF account. And yes, he’s curious enough to do so at half past six in the morning while the mouth-watering smell of his hyung’s delicious cooking is slowly filling the dorm.

Taemin: I wonder if she replied already… It’s only been about seven hours…

But yes, she has replied. The bright orange letters on black background spelling ‘New wall posts’ clearly say so. ‘Cause he hadn’t done anything else other than commenting on that one story. He excitedly clicks on it and starts reading.

It says: Hey there! Thanks for subscribing to my new fanfic! Also, I’m honoured that you think I portrayed his personality well but no, I don’t stalk him. That’d be a little impossible… You see, I don’t exactly live in Korea…

And (I’m sorry if this sounds offensive; I don’t mean it that way!!) I didn’t know there were guys on AFF! But I guess I’ve just never met them… ^^

Taemin: She isn’t from Korea? Well, that really does make the stalking somewhat impossible… (Chuckles; then, reading the last paragraph, he scratches his head) Haha, why would I be offended? … Okay, let’s reply!

What he types: You’re welcome! I’m really looking forward to reading it! :D And I’m glad you’re no stalker ^^ stalkers creep me out…

You don’t live in Korea? May I ask what country you come from, then? You don’t have to answer that, if it’s too personal! (I’m Korean btw ^^)

And it’s alright, I’m not offended! ^^ I guess my kind is outnumbered here, huh? *scratches head* hope you’re not weirded out by having a guy reading and commenting your story… haha…

He then keeps hitting the refresh button hoping that she’ll reply right away. After five minutes the anticipated orange words on black background appear. He scrolls down and really, there her answer is! By now, a broad smile is spreading across his face.

He reads her reply: Haha, me too; I would never want to be stalked! I feel sorry for all those idols, though. They probably have to deal with them every day… L I would go crazy!!

Taemin: She’s so kind and understanding… I wish all our fans were like her!

Hmm… I’m just gonna say I live in Europe, eheh ^^ You’re from Korea?? Awww, unfair! You get to go to all their concerts!! *pouts*

Taemin: Europe? Wow… I didn’t know I had fans there too… guess I’ll suggest it as our next overseas concert location to Lee Soo Man… haha! Hmm, and I wonder what her pout looks like…?

And no, I’m not weirded out by having a guy read my story! …that is… unless you’re an old wrinkly grandpa who only does this to get a young and innocent girl’s attention? *suspiciously squints eyes* ;P

Taemin (slightly chocking): Bwoh?!? Me, an old wrinkly grandpa with ic intentions?! Pfshhhhh, this girl’s got some seriously flourishing imagination! …but I guess that, theoretically, the possibility exists… After all, she doesn’t know it’s me… (now mumbling to himself and nodding in understanding) So, how am I going to make it clear that I’m not an ‘old wrinkly grandpa’?

Just at that moment, Key who’s finally managed do ward off the sleeping spell comes walking around the corner and spots the maknae on the couch with his laptop on his knees and mumbling to himself.

Key: What are you doing with my laptop at seven in the morning that makes you mumble suspicious things to yourself?

He tries to pry a look on the screen but fails because Taemin turns the laptop away from him.

Taemin (evasively): Nothing…

Key: Then why won’t you let me see the screen…?

He continues attempting to get a peek at the screen while Taemin hastily deletes the browser history (yes, he’s quick-witted enough to think of that ^^) and shuts the laptop down. Then he stands up and brushes his pants.

Taemin: I’m hungry… let’s go eat breakfast, oh?

He then walks towards the kitchen while avoiding making eye contact with Key. The latter raises an eyebrow but eventually shrugs his shoulders and follows.

 

------------------------------

Well, now they've 'met'... ^^

On a side not: What I've understood from your comments (thank you so much!!! <333) is that you like this writing style. So I'm going to continue like this for now... Actually, I like it a lot hehe... *^^*

Oh, and I amost forgot! Happy new year!! :D