Because of a Key Chain.

Mission Like A Forbidden Love.

KiSeop’s POV 

I managed myself to just walk through the hallway in order to forget the snickers I heard when I was hoarding my books inside my locker. The students were talking about Seul Hyo and me - about the way I treat Seul Hyo like my girl friend. Don’t they get it? The only answer is I have been loving Kim Seul Hyo in silence. Thats it. 

 

As my feet landed on the floor of the hallway, I heard two persons talking about something and it seemed like they were having wrangle. My feet suddenly did its own trend as my eyes caught Seul Hyo’s appearance.

 

Even though I only saw her back, I knew that it was her - the I girl I have been treasuring and taking care of. Well, that what love is. 

 

“Yeobo! Baby!” I blurted out, my feet were still running towards her on its own manner. I couldn’t control myself from getting excited every time I see her, it feels like I’m mentally living in heaven. 

 

“Ow. Oppa! What are you do-” She stuttered with her wide-eyes open when she saw my sudden occurence. Before she could finish her sentence, I cut her off and cutely shush-ed with my index finger. 

 

I spread out open my arms for her as I clausedly pulled her towards me that caused our bodies to be glued against each other. I cuddled her while my left hand playing with her flaccid hair and my right hand? It was around her waist. 

 

“I missed you, yeobo!” I gleefully puffed underneath my breathes followed by giving her a tighter hug as if I was going to kill her but I take  that as a NO. I couldn’t kill the only girl of my life, OK. “You surprised me, KiSeop oppa.”

 

She uttered as she broke off the tight cuddle that I gave her. “Err? Excuse me? Did anyone forget that I’ve been standing here?” In the middle of our sweetness to each other, I never thought that there was a lost guy next to us. I saw him a while ago but I just thought that he was just a strange guy talking to Seul Hyo. 

 

“Ow. Who is he? A lost stranger or what? Sorry anyway.” I turned around to face the guy next to us, standing right there like a statue. Seul Hyo then tilted her head to the right side while biting the bottom of her lips.

 

“Yang.. Yang.. Aish. I forgot his name!” Seul Hyo stomped her left foot as she rolled her eyes into me. I looked back at her - causing my eyebrows to meet in marvel upon seeing the evil smirk in her lips. 

 

“Yang Yoseob is the perfect name.” The guy named Yang Yoseob spoke out and emphasized the word perfect. This guy sounded and even acted so smug in front of us. I was gawked when this guy named Yang Yoseob took a step close to Seul Hyo and leaned his face nigh Seul Hyo’s face. 

 

The distance between their faces was just 5 inches away from my own estimation. “I told you to imprint in your mind my name, baby.” Yoseob snickered as his right eye stunningly winked at Seul Hyo, causing her to shrink back in surprise. 

 

“What? Baby?” I unexpectedly voiced out and cocked my head then turned my face wittily to Seul Hyo only to meet her eyes. Seriously, I thought I was the only one who can call her “baby”.

 

My mouth was solely hanging open but then, Seul Hyo grinned at me. “Don’t believe him, KiSeop oppa. He’s dreaming.” She smirked at me as she gently tapped my head. Hearing those, I deeply sighed in relief then rapidly turned my eyes to Yoseob - who was pouting like a little kid. 

 

“I’m not dreaming, she really is my baby. We even both fell on the floor that caused our lips to crash against each other’s.” Yoseob teased as he winked again at Seul Hyo - who had her wide-eyes open upon hearing Yoseob’s humorous yet annoying quirk.

 

Hearing those words of Yoseob, it felt like a penknife stabbed me in the deepest area of my heart. I couldn’t outspeak any words as my very own ears heard those, I was speechless for short. “KiSeop oppa, lets just get out of here.” 

 

Seul Hyo uttered with a soft voice, I let out a deep sigh before nodding my head vigorously. I knew deep inside that Seul Hyo was kind of pissed off to Yoseob thats why she just decided to go.

 

Seul Hyo’s POV 

 

That guy named Yang Yoseob who was 3 inches taller than me won against me? I couldn’t believe that I let him utter those things. How could I be stupidly speechless in front of him? I gotta admit this, I was fluttered. 

 

“I’m not dreaming, she really is my baby. We even both fell on the floor that caused our lips to crash against each other’s.” 

 

End of my world - I was really fluttered as I heard him saying those with his bombastic voice. That sentence kept on swirling over and over inside my whole head.

 

“Yeobo, I bet your stepfather hurt you again.” I cut my train of thoughts as KiSeop oppa appeared from somewhere I didn’t know. After escaping from Yoseob, we just stopped by in a food store near my house. 

 

“Uh- Yes.. I mean, he didn’t.” I merely lied, vigorously shaking my head as a show of a no answer. Taking one last sip of my Baekseju, I abruptly stood up from my chair which made a loud screech sound.

 

I was about to head to my house - it was a few meters away from the store, but KiSeop oppa held my wrist tightly. “Are you sure he didn’t flog you again? Then whats the meaning of this?” I followed the way where his eyes went over, until my eyesight reached my free wrist’s bruise. 

 

It was a puffed-up bruise made by my stepfather last night. 

 

“Like what I always do, let me cure it.” Pouting like a kid, KiSeop’s hands made its way to his shoulder bag, releasing a piece of handkerchief and a thing thats was somewhat like a remedy. 

 

“Don’t!”

 

“Why? Seul Hyo, I’ve been taking care of you for almost years. Just leave this to me.” He didn’t let me finish my sentence. I know that he had been looking after me through these years but sometimes, I really feel ashamed of him. 

 

I watched him shroud my bruise with a piece of handkerchief, he warily did it while beaming at me. After curing my bruise, he offered me his hands to help me stand up from my seat. 

 

“Yeobo! I thought I was the only one who can call you baby?” He said with a worried-like-face, his eyes were speaking to mine - telling me that he’s the only who can call me that name. 

 

“Of course! You are just the only one who can call me baby. Ignore Yoseob.” I said as I smoothly rubbed his hair with a grin imprinted in my face. 

 

Again, he pulled me towards him for a tight hug. I don’t mind if he always cuddled me or what, he’s just my close friend and thats it. PERIOD. 

 

“You’re mine, only mine.” KiSeop uttered underneath his breathe, his chin was resting above my left shoulder. I felt my body get weak as I heard him uttering those self-righteous words, I never expected that he would practically say that. 

 

But KiSeop oppa --”

 

“I know what you’re thinking. We’re just close friends but I’m sorry if I become possessive when it comes to you.” I was cut off again by him. Before heading to my house, I bid goodbye to him as I squeezed  his cheeks, causing him to tickle me. 

 

As soon as I entered the house, I slammed my shoulder bag nigh my bed, no one was at home at that time.  I was still wearing my unifom when I lazily let my entire body get knocked down into my bed. 

 

I slid my right hand in the pocket of my school skirt in order to get my phone. I stared at it for a while until I realized something -

 

THAT PHONE WAS NOT MY PHONE! 

 

I freaked out but yet I tried to calm down myself and sat up on the bed. I didn’t have any idea who owned that cell phone, I just knew that we had the same phone. I managed to peek in the Gallery of the phone since it didn’t have a password.

 

NO. This little thing is presumably be kidding. UGH. I’m going to kill that little guy tomorrow when I reach school. The phone was owned by: 

 

Yang Yoseob. 

 

* * * * *

 

After the school hour, I rapidly took my books under my desk and got out of the classroom. “Yang Yoseob! Wait for me!” I swiftly ran towards Yoseob as I saw him coming out from his Social Studies classroom. Good thing his eyes trippingly caught me. 

 

“Ya! My phone? Where is it? You got my phone yesterday and I got yours. Give it back to me.” I blurted out while dashing towards him, my eyebrows were practically meeting in suffocation. 

 

“Ow! Seul Hyo baby! I thought you didn’t notice that. Your phone? Here.” He walked beside me while putting his left arm around my shoulders. Are we close enough to do that to me? 

 

I boldly shoved away his hands from my shoulders as I released his phone from my pocket. “Here’s your phone.” I was about to hand him his phone but something happened that he, I mean we, didn’t like. 

 

His phone slipped from my hand. 

 

It accidentally dropped on the ground that made a soft yet irritating of sound. His phone wasn’t spoiled at all but the glass-keychain was totally cracked into pieces.  Ooops. My bad. 

 

“My key chain! You ruined it!” He cried out while looking at his torn key chain on the floor. Seriously, it was the first time I saw a guy crying over a little thing. But I gotta admit this, I felt guilty. 

 

“Its important to me, Seul Hyo.” After crying over his key chain, he rolled his eyes into me. I shrunk back a bit after seeing his pitiful cute face, I felt so sorry upon dropping his phone in an instant. 

 

“Sorry, Seobbie.” I apologized as I stooped my head down, looking at the ground while my right foot was playing on it. I couldn’t look at him anymore, my eyes were about to cry but I was trying to hold it back. 

 

“Is there anything.. I mean, how could I pay you?” I took a short glance at him then back to looking down. I really couldn’t look at him with straight eyes. 

 

Silence conquered the place until I got the nerves to look at him. My eyes were still waiting for his answer. “Lets date.” He simply answered as a smirk curved at the edge of his lips.

 

“Whaaaaaaaaat? NO!” I screamed with my wide-eyes open after hearing his 2 words answer that made me jump in surprise.  

 

“Lets have a date tomorrow after school. Date will be the successor. Or if you don’t want to, just pay it - 500 won will be enough.” He sarcastically said. 

 

I had no enough money at that time, my stepfather took all my savings thats why. I had no choice, I had to compliant with him. 

 

 

“Sigh. Fine.”
 
“I saved my phone number there in your phone and I also memorized yours. I’m going to send you a message later! Bye, baby!” He rapidly said as he fairly left me alone, standing like a little kid. 
 
“Stop calling me baby!” I screamed at him but he just looked back at me and winked cutely. Actually, he was still cute when he got kind of pissed off at me a while ago. But this will be a tough one. 
 

 *       *        *        *       *       *         *         *        *        *       *        *        *       *       *         *         *        *    

Chapter two is up! Hope you all enjoyed it even though its not that good or awesome. I currently have 8 subscribers. Thanks guys. <3 Please do comment. You guys are my strength. :D

@Ininay: I wish I was just Seul Hyo too. -_____- KiSeop has lines now. :)

@LeahEyah: You kind of guessed it right, Unnie. Good thing you’re satisfied with the first chapter. :) 

@justmeonly: Yeah. First kiss. So lucky. :x

@YukiMary: Here’s my updated chapter, dongsaeng. =D

@Kyudream: Yup. First kiss. ;A; You guessed it, it was KiSeop. :b

@addjec: Thank you. <3

- 11/04/19.