Just The Start.

Mission Like A Forbidden Love.

Author’s POV 

Seul Hyo made her way through the passageway of Jongno Street with the flowers given by Yoseob. While walking on the street, Seul Hyo could feel that there were two persons following her from behind.

Feeling a little bit uneasy, she then made her walk faster but the two persons from behind still continued on following her. She gripped on holding the flowers in her hands with closed eyes. She was  serenely praying in her mind - hoping that these two guys wouldn’t harm her.

“Hey y. Why are you walking away from us?” At that point of time, she forgot that she was wearing her school uniform, a skirt above her knees. That was one of the reasons why did the two guys keep on following her way.

Seul Hyo just managed to stay quiet and keep calm so that these two guys won’t think that she’s frightened. “Hey. Stop! Still remember me huh?” The adrenaline was running through her veins. She shivered upon being cornered by a familiar guy to her.

 “No.. Why.. Lee-- Lee--” Seul Hyo stuttered as she cleared when she saw the familiar guy who cornered her in a dark place. 

 “We meet again, Seul Hyo. Yes, its me, Lee Joon.” Lee Joon smirked underneath his breathe while putting his palm against the cold wall of the dark place.  

Lee Joon was Seul Hyo’s classmate when they were still on 7th Grade. Lee Joon once tried to confess his love for Seul Hyo but the younger girl rejected his love, that caused Lee Joon to get frustrated and be spiteful. 

 “I’m here to make you mine, my dear ex-classmate.” Lee Joon’s eyes were focused on Seul Hyo, his eyes were filled with lust and pursuance towards the girl in front of him. 

 “Stop this, Lee Joon. Please don’t do something to me! Thunder, help me!” Seul Hyo groaned in suddenness as she felt Lee Joon’s free hand sliding against her waist. Thunder was standing there yet he didn’t bother to help Seul Hyo.

Seul Hyo shivers every time she feels Lee Joon’s hand touching her hair and cheeks. 

“Lee Joon, you’re just drunk. I--I don’t love y-you.” 

“And who in the world cares if you don’t love me? Baby, you’re mine now!” Lee Joon exmphasized the word “now” before kissing Seul Hyo on her neck.  Before he could completely kiss Seul Hyo on her neck, someone just popped out of nowhere. 

“She’s not yours, stupid.” Seul Hyo and Lee Joon’s attention turned into the guy standing  below the street lights. The guy was Yoseob, the moment Seul Hyo left him, he saw Lee Joon with Thunder following Seul Hyo’s direction.

“Who are you?” Lee Joon asked as he went near Yoseob in order to see his face clearly. Seul Hyo then took a deep sigh in relief upon being liberated from Lee Joon’s evil deeds. 

“I’m Seul Hyo’s boy friend and.. You don’t have to know my name!” Yoseob growled in indignation, he suddenly gave Lee Joon a blow of his first -  causing Joon to land his to the ground.

“Seul Hyo is mine!” Lee Joon tried to get up and take a revenge to Yoseob whose fists were clenching in exasperation. Lee Joon got the chance to strike Yoseob with his fist, but it seemed like Yoseob wasn’t hurt at all.

With just one punch of Yoseob, Lee Joon once again fell on the ground of the dark place. Yoseob grabbed the chance of releasing a gun from his pocket while Seul Hyo wasn’t taking a glance at them.

As an agent, her godfather asked him to bring his gun every where he goes. He then pointed the risky thing to Lee Joon as he started giving him warns. 

“First, don’t claim Seul Hyo as yours. Second, don’t call him baby because I’m the only one who can call her in that nickname! And third, get your face out of my sight!” Yoseob ranted in an impassioned way while putting back the gun in his pocket. He didn’t want Seul Hyo to know that he is an agent and so as his mission.

Lee Joon stood up from the ground and made his way out of the place with his thrilled body. 

“Seul Hyo, I’m sorry if I’m late. They are now gone, no worries.” Yoseob saw Seul Hyo sitting on the ground with her soaked eyes, he knew that the younger girl was distraught. He kneeled on the ground while unwearing his jacket then quickly wore it off to Seul Hyo.

“Yoseob, are you hurt?” Seul Hyo went closer to Yoseob, examining Yoseob’s whole body and face if he was hurt or not. 

“I’m not. See what happened? I should have brought you home!” Yoseob pinched Seul Hyo’s nose as he scolded her like a little kid. Seul Hyo just gave him a cute grin before standing up from their seat. 

As they stood up, Seul Hyo suddenly cuddled Yoseob, causing Yoseob’s eyes to get widen in surprise. “Thanks a lot for saving me, Yoseob. I feel so protected when someone hugs me.” Seul Hyo mumbled while gently tapping the back of Yoseob.

Her voice was doddering due to the circumstance that happened a few minutes ago. Yoseob had no choice, he managed to cuddle her back as a show of affection. “I’m always here for you, I promise, I will protect you no matter what. No one can hurt you.” 

He whimpered underneath his breathe while giving Seul Hyo a tighter hug. He wasn’t supposed to say that line but his mouth suddenly opened itself.

* * * * * 

After the undesirable incident that happened lately, Yoseob just opted to bring Seul Hyo back to her home. Yoseob noticed that Seul Hyo was kind of weak at that point in time thats why he decided to put Seul Hyo in his back. 

“Umm. Seul Hyo?” Reaching the house of Seul Hyo, Yoseob was the one who started to speak up after putting the younger girl down. 

“Ne?” Seul Hyo rapidly looked up to Yoseob after removing Yoseob’s jacket. She was about to bring it back to Yoseob but the guy vigorously refused as he gave it back to the girl. 

“Seul Hyo, lets make a de--”

“Umma!” Yoseob was cut off when Seul Hyo squealed upon seeing her mother from the right side of their place. Yoseob shrunk back a bit, he was shocked when he heard Seul Hyo’s shriek.

“Seul Hyo, good thing you safely reached home.” Seul Hyo’s mother uttered with a melodious voice as she gently rubbed the soft hair of Seul Hyo.

“Umma, this is Yoseob, my classmate. Yoseob, this is my mother.” Yoseob made a 90 degree bow as a show of his candid respect to the mother of Seul Hyo, while the other one just smiled sweetly.

“Is he your date? The guy you were talking about this morning?” Her mother asked her while pointing the tip of her index finger to the stunning guy in their front. 

Yoseob’s mouth almost dropped open as he heard the words of Seul Hyo’s mother, he never thought that Seul Hyo would introduce him to her mother. “Uh- Yes. Don’t worry, I have taken care of her.” Yoseob said while bowing like a young kid. 

“Great! I should leave you two now.” The mother of Seul Hyo then made her way to their house. Yoseob rapidly remembered his broken sentence lately, the part where he was cut off by Seul Hyo.

“Anyway, Seul Hyo, lets make a deal. I mean, I have something to tell you.” Yoseob leaned towards to Seul Hyo, his eyes were looking straight at hers, trying to catch the attention of the girl.

“Eh?” Seul Hyo titled her head to the right side, showing an innocent reaction upon hearing Yoseob’s words that seemed incomprehensible to her. 

Yoseob noticed that Seul Hyo didn’t get his words, he then tried to get closer to Seul Hyo and lean his face nigh Seul Hyo’s. “I will protect you from foul people, Seul Hyo. Just say my name and I will be there, only for you.” 

Yoseob mumbled sweetly - causing Seul Hyo’s heart to pump fast as if it was on a race. “Yo- Yoseob.. You can’t just do that. You don’t--” Before she could finish her sentence, she was cut off by Yoseob.

“I can, trust me.” 

“You dont know my life, you don’t how messy it is, Yoseob.” Seul Hyo pushed Yoseob away from her as she tried to leave him alone, yet Yoseob quickly pulled her back into him. 

“I know your life, thats why I’m willing to protect you and change you, Seul Hyo. Tell me, be honest, do you trust me even though we’ve just met each other a few days ago?” Yoseob, who was holding Seul Hyo’s hands, asked the younger girl for a candid and simple answer.

He knew that they had just met a few days ago, but his heart was telling him to accomplish his mission and love her. “I do trust you.” Seul Hyo simply mumbled before looking at the eyes of Yoseob. A melodious beam curved in the edge of Yoseob’s lips after hearing the answer of Seul Hyo.

“When someone hurts you, just say my name and I will be there for you. Real quick.” Yoseob uttered as he gave Seul Hyo a cute grin - a cute grin that could make girls go insane because of him.

Seul Hyo could feel her heartbeat, it was beating fast, the beat was uncommon. “Why? Why do you have to be like this to me?”  She asked with her eyebrows meeting in marvel.

“Because --” Yoseob started off his sentence as he took Seul Hyo’s left hand, planning to put it somewhere. “From now on, my heart is connected to yours.” He finally raised the hands of Seul Hyo and put it against his chest. 

With just one move of Yoseob, Seul Hyo almost wanted to scream and say “Stop it. Can’t you hear my heart’s bawl?” But she couldn’t say it, Yoseob might think that she easily fell in love with him, she had got no idea why was it happening to her.

She was speechless. 

“And one more thing, starting tomorrow, my eyes are only focused on you.” Yoseob grinned while his right hand was playing with the bangs of Seul Hyo. The smile in his face was imprinted like forever.

“You sound like a stalker, Yoseob.” 

“No, I’m not! I’m just doing my mission.” 

“Mission?” Seul Hyo groaned as she heard the word “mission” from Yoseob’s previous statement. Yoseob slipped on that word, he then stopped on playing with her hair and cleared his throat. 

“I mean, I call it a mission because.. Because I want to protect you thats why.” He found a way how to escape from Seul Hyo’s skepticism. Hearing those, Seul Hyo was satisfied enough, she trusts Yoseob and thats it.

Giving Seul Hyo a sweet grin, Yoseob leaned towards the younger girl and gave her a peck of kiss on her forehead. His plump lips were felt by Seul Hyo, who was gawked with the thing that Yoseob just did. 

“Good night, baby.” Yoseob winked at her cutely as he walked away from Seul Hyo. Seul Hyo watched Yoseob’s shadow disappear from the lights. Her heart was still bothering her, she couldn’t understand what was going on with her.

It was beating fast, it started when Yoseob said sweet words to her. But she didn’t know, Yoseob was feeling the same way too. Both of them were confused towards the abnormal palpitation of their heart. 

Seul Hyo’s POV

Train of thoughts had been killing me since last night, I didn’t have any idea on the abnormal throb of my heart. It just felt strange when my face would suddenly shift to the right side then Yoseob’s face will abruptly get caught by my eyes.

“Ms. Kim? Something’s wrong?” And I’m dead now, my train of thoughts were cut off by our Professor, Mr. Woo. Since the time our class had started, my mind was taking its own flight to nowhere. 

“Nothing. Sorry.” I looked up at him as I vigorously shook my head. My classmates were giving me deadly glares, I could see it in the very corner of my two eyes. I wanted to slam my forehead against my desk but I can’t, I might get tortured by these people.  

Feeling someone staring at me, I rapidly tended my eyes to my right side where I saw Yoseob gazing at me. “You okay?” He mouthed while doing hand gestures that made him look more tempting.

“Yeah.” I simply nodded my head with a grin then quickly returned my eyes to our Professor. I didn’t want my eyesight to stay any longer to him. Perhaps, I was just carried away by his melodious words last night. 

* * * * *

Class had ended thats why I got the opportunity to wander around the entire campus, alone. I already placed my books in my locker so I had no problem, only my bag that was on my back. 

“Hey.” After getting out of the Science Laboratory, a familiar voice called me out from behind. I turned around to face the owner of the voice and saw Eli Kim, his voice was like trembling or something.

“Oh hi, Eli. What are you up to now? Are you here to tease me again or what?” Eli is one of the famous guys here in our campus, but I hated him in the first place. He teased me a lot in front of numerous people back then, causing me to get a huge disgrace.

“No, please don’t think of that way. I’m just here to give these roses I bought for you.” He unveiled the thing that he was holding lately then gave it to me. Making a 90-degree bow, he slowly walked away from me and left me in the certain place.

“Seul Hyo is flirting with Eli Kim again. Huh, and she even believed that Eli Kim likes her.” And the story continues, the 3 sarcastic fan girls of Eli just arrived. They were about 12 inches away from me with their arms being folded. 

I was about to leave them but -- 

“If you’re going to leave us, it means you are coward.” Minah spoke up with an obnoxious voice, I could feel their snickers towards me. 

“I’m not coward, I just don’t want to start a wrangle with stupid girls like you.”

I knew that Minah tensed up just by hearing my last words, she didn’t want being called stupid. She then raised her hand with a book then threw it into me.

But.. What happened? Why didn’t I feel the sting of being thrown by a book? 

My eyes were closed for a moment, I barely opened it for a while and saw Yoseob cuddling me.

No.. He.. He just did.. It..

He was covering me while his eyes were focused on mine, telling me that I’m safe now he’s here. “Yoseob, go away.” I mumbled underneath my breathe as I peeked at Minah and saw her still pitching her books, causing those to hit Yoseob’s back. 

See? I told you, I would protect you no matter what happens, baby.” I heard him chuckle for a second, I knew deep inside that he was enduring the pain of being hit by the books. 

I wanted to shove him away from me, yet he was too strong to escape from. A couple of minutes later, Minah stopped from throwing books to us, she then left us sarcastically with her co-fan girls. 

“Yoseob, you can let go of me now. The stupid girls are already gone.”

“I don’t want to, baby. I’m still enjoying our hug. Uhhhhh, so relaxing.” 

What the heck? After all these things that happened, he still had the guts to tease me? This is why I hate Yoseob, even though he’s in pain, he still have the nerves to grin and tease me. 

“Baby, why aren’t you moving? Enjoying the hug too? So relaxing, right? And oh, this hug, the sweetest hug I have ever felt!” Shrieked by Yoseob who was enjoying the tight hug he had given me. I was about to shove him away from me but the abnormal throb, I felt it again.

“What the are you doing to Seul Hyo!” KiSeop popped out of nowhere as he rapidly dashed over Yoseob then gave him a blow of his fist. 

“Yoseob!” I cried out before going towards Yoseob, who was clenching his fist in exasperation. I was about to walk towards him but KiSeop oppa held my hands and pulled me in him. 

“Seul Hyo, can’t you see he was touching you! He was being randy to you!” KiSeop locked his arms around my waist while yelling at me. His eyes were telling me that I shouldn’t be friends with Yoseob, I knew it because he always told me that I’m only his. 

“He wasn’t! He was just protecting me from Minah! In fact, he’s in pain now.” I protested, trying to soothe the spleen inside him. Seriously, is it wrong to be protected by somebody else? 

“You’re wrong, Seul Hyo. I saw it.” 

“You don’t know whats going on, KiSeop. So please don’t intervene.”

“I just want you to be mine, Seul Hyo.

“As always.”

Planning to leave KiSeop alone, I took a deep sigh  and made my way to Yoseob. But before I can reach the little guy over there, KiSeop pulled me towards him and crashed his lips onto mine. I was gawked, he kissed me in front of Yoseob? Pushing him away with my wide-eyes, I slapped KiSeop and walked away with my head down. 

 

*       *        *        *       *       *         *         *        *        *       *        *        *       *       *         *         *        *

Chapter 4 is up! It . Right? :A: Kinda had a hard time writing this chapter. IDK why, I had no idea how would I write this. Pardon me. n__n 

@Ininay: You’re not a slow poke. =P "I think I can feel the drama coming." Why so genius? Teehee. :DD 

@LeahEyah: Its OK dear. Yes, Yoseob is annoying but that makes him look even cuter! :))) 

@YukiMary: Thanks, dongsaeng! I love youuuu more. <3 

I LOVE YOU ALL. =)

- 11/05/05.