Epilogue

Sacrifice

Third Person's POV

-two years later: Incheon International Airport-

 

'_____ ah? What time did you arrive? You're fine, right?' 

"Yes, oppa. Yeah, I'm fine, I've just arrived. You don't have to be so worried"

'Of course I'm worried... Oh, it's wednesday already in there, right? Happy birthday _____ ah'

"Thanks oppa, it's not really different from other days, right?"

'Of course it's different! Anyway, I gotta hang up now, meeting's coming'

"Mm, I'll call you later. Good luck oppa" she hung up and locked her phone, putting it inside her pocket. She walked out of International Arrivals and went inside a cab. She smiled at the scenery of Seoul. She really missed this place.

"Eh... Tourist, miss?" asked the driver clumsily in english. She chuckled,

"No, ahjussi" she answered in Korean. The driver laughed, "Going back to your hometown, miss?"

"Yeah, something like that." she said as she leaned back to the chair.


 

"Hyung, listen to me" he said as he sat on the chair.

"Not now, Maknae." Seunghyun threw a pillow at him, and used another pillow to cover his own face.

"Hyung! I'm telling you, you're lonely, hyung. You need someone to-- Hyung! Don't sleep!"

"Seungri! It's 8 in the morning, for god's sake!"

"You have to move on from her, hyung-- YAH! HYUNG STOP!" Seungri screamed as Seunghyun threw him out of his room, slamming the door shut.

"Attempt number two hundred fifty two." Jiyong smirked as he saw Seungri on the floor.

"Just give it a break, Seungri" said Youngbae as he the TV.

"Hyung, it's been two years. Two years." Seungri pointed out as he sighed.

"Just leave him alone. He knows what's best for him" Jiyong sighed as he joined Youngbae on the sofa. Daesung slightly hit his head before joining his hyungs. Seungri lied back on the floor with a grunt as Jiyong laughed at the TV.


 

-later that evening-

_____ sighed as she finished settling all her clothes in the dresser. She threw herself to bed and glanced at the clock.

8.30pm.

The night's still young. Way too young.

She sat up and stared at the ring on her right ring finger.

'Are you sure you're ready to meet him, _____ ah? What if he had move on and already have someone else?' she mumbled to herself. She brushed off the thought of her head and stood up.

'It's none of your business, _____ ah. He deserves a better person.' she nodded to herself as she put on her high-heeled boots. She groaned at the fact she hasn't bought any shoes but high heels recently. She hung her bag on her shoulder and went out of her apartment.


 

Seunghyun stared at himself in the mirror as he finished washing his face.

'You have to move on from her, hyung!' Seungri's words came back to him. Seunghyun sighed. He hates to admit that he's right. He dried his face with a towel and went out of the bathroom.

"Jiyong I'm leaving" he said to Jiyong as he put on his shoes.

"Hyung! Where are you going? Are you going to find some girls--" Seungri started, but he was cut off by Seunghyun.

"Seungri I'm leaving" he said to him as he closed the door behind him. He smirked as he heard Seungri shouting his name from inside.



_____ walked through the park, smiling at the scenery before her. Her shoes were already held by her left hand, she was walking bare-footed. She sighed as she saw the bench where she first met him. She felt stupid for hoping he was there, waiting for her.

'Well, he's definitely not.' she thought to herself as she approached the bench.

"_____ ah?" a voice called her. She knew that voice. That deep soothing voice. She turned to the source of the voice. It was him.

"Seunghyun" she muttered.

 

Five minutes had passed, and both of them was sitting at the bench, staring blankly at the vacant playground.

"So, how are you?" He asked her, his eyes were still focused on the playground.

"Great." She answered. Her voice cracked. She thought she was over him, but she was wrong. She missed him so bad.

"That's...good, then." He answered and she returned it with a small nod.

"How's your dad?"

"He's in prison. Not in Japan, but... Yeah. He won't be going anywhere for a while."

"Good for you then." He smiled. Both of them went back in silence. Seunghyun cleared his throat,

"Have you....found my replacement yet?" He tried faking a smile. Deep inside, he was hoping that she hadn't found one yet and her heart would open one more time to him.

Well, he wished so.

_____ bitterly smiled.

"No. You?" Seunghyun slightly shook his head. _____ slightly nodded as a response. Both of them stayed in silence.

"_____ ah..." He held her hand.

"...Is there any chance for us to go back? Like how we were two years ago?" _____ looked at him.

"I...think I've hurt you too much, Seunghyun. Mentally and... Physically. You deserve a better person." she looked away.

"_____ ah I... You're torturing me right now." He gently cupped her face.

"I'm this close to you, yet I can't kiss you, or just embrace you in my arms. I miss us, _____ ah. I love you. And it hasn't changed for two years."

"You almost died because of me, Seunghyun. I don't get it why you still want me."

"Because I love you, _____ ah."

"Please don't say that, Seunghyun" she stood up, preparing to leave.

"I--" Seunghyun quickly stood up and gently grabbed her arm, kissing her in the lips. She struggled from him, trying to push him away. She knew this was wrong. She didn't want to have a relationship with him, afraid that she'll hurt him again. But his grasp were too strong for her. Her body was slowly starting to give in to him. His arms were wrapped around her waist, and her hands slowly went around his neck. Seunghyun pulled himself off her, their faces were just inches away.

"I love you, more than anything."

"I'm... screwed up, Seunghyun ah. You're going to regret it."

"I won't. The only thing I regret is when I couldn't protect you that day."

"Seunghyun... This is just wrong." she pulled her arms of him.

"I--" he held her closer to him. His hands slowly her hair. _____ just stayed quiet at his actions. She was lying when she said it was wrong when he kissed her. She knew they were meant to be together. She knew she missed him too much that she couldn't hold it anymore.

His touch, his perfume smell, his everything.

'What the hell am I doing?' she questioned herself.

"What are you doing, _____ ah? Don't lie to yourself." he said, as if he could read her mind.

"If you really want me to go, I'll go. I won't bother you anymore. Just....say it in front of me. Say that you don't want me. Say that you hate me. Please." She just stayed silent.

"Stop evading me" he released her from his arms. She stared at his intense eyes. She knew those eyes looked for honesty in her.

"Don't go." she whispered, "I need you here, right beside me." Tears were falling to her cheeks. Seunghyun stayed quiet for a while before he smiled at her and said,

"Would you be my girlfriend, _____ ah?"

"I would."

He smiled at her. He tucked her bangs behind her ear and gently kissed her lips.

"You don't have to worry about me, _____ ah. I'll never leave you." _____ closed her eyes and wrapped her hands around him.

"I missed you so much." Seunghyun her hair, but then he stopped. He suddenly lifted her, bridal style.

"S-Seunghyun--" he kneeled and took her shoes.

"I know you're not used to heels." he smiled and started to walk. _____ chuckled. She only said it once when they first met yet he still remembered it.

"Happy birthday,_____ ah" he suddenly said. _____ smiled. She leaned her head to his chest.

"Thanks." She wishes she could stay like this forever. He is indeed, the best birthday present for her.

 

 


YAAAY IT'S FINALLY DONE :"D

I had some doubts while writing the ending but... I think this is the one.

Many many thanks to all of you guys who reads and subscribes to this fanfic!!! I love you<3

Don't forget to add me as friend okay? I'll gladly accept! ;)

Anyway I will make a new year special one-shot story! Please look forward to it!

Happy New Year guys! :)