Threat

Sacrifice

 

"One for five. Not a bad deal, right?" Your heart skipped a beat. You don't want to die, yet you don't want all of them died because of you.
 
"I'll even stay away from them forever. As long as you're gone."


Your POV

 

I quickly went inside my apartment. As I went in, I saw him on the couch. Damn. I didn't know he'll go back this quick.

"Welcome back--" I passed him so he didn't see me and immediately went inside the bathroom. I slammed and locked the door.

I sighed.

Blood was still flowing from the cut on my left shoulder and right abdomen. I winced in pain as the pain ed. I opened my shirt and threw it to the sink. I opened the first aid box and looked for bandages and alcohol. I wiped the blood with my shirt and moistened the cotton with alcohol. I gently pressed it to the wound on my shoulder and I regretted it instantly. I groaned in pain as the alcohol touched the wound.

"Jagiya? Are you alright?" Bad timing. I bit my lower lip and continued putting alcohol on the wound. I groaned and panted.

It hurts. A lot.

"I'm fine!" I shouted before covering the wound with bandage. I quickly covered it and cut the bandage. I tied it and sighed.

"What's wrong, Jagiya?"

"Nothing!" I wiped the blood with my shirt. The wound was bigger than I expected. If it's like this, it has to be stitched. I let out a loud groan and fell to the floor as the pain ed. I could feel as the pain slowly penetrated my body, taking complete control of me. More blood came out from the wound.

"Jagiya? What happened?" Great. I pressed the wound with my shirt.

"I told you I'm fine, Seunghyun!" I groaned as the pain increased when I shouted.

"I'm going in." He said as he struck the door. The door was still closed. I desperately reached for the sewing kit and I opened it, ready to cover the wound. I couldn't as my hand was trembling.

"Damn it!" I groaned and threw away the needle in my hand. Seunghyun struck the door and it opened.

Great. Just great. He saw me on the floor and gaped in shock.

"Oh my god-- what happened?!" he kneeled and pressed my shirt to the wound, replacing my hand.

"We need to go to the hospital." he said sternly as he gently touched my bandaged shoulder. Fear was reflected in his eyes.

"No. I'm fine. I just need to cover this, and I'm--"

"You're not fine, for god's sake! Look at yourself! You're covered in blood! You're saying you're going to sew yourself with this?!" he yelled as he took the sewing kit and threw it away. I closed my eyes, trying to suppress the pain.

"I know my body better than anyone else, Seunghyun. Better than you. I'm fine."

"Yah! Stop it! You're killing yourself! Stop putting up that attitude!" he lifted me and went out of the bathroom.

"Put me down! I'm not going to die because of something like this! I've been through worse! I'm fine!" I yelled at him. Why can't he see that I've been through worse for seven years?! This is nothing!

"Aish, You're the most stubborn person I've ever met." he groaned and opened the car's door. I groaned in pain as he lied me down in the passenger seat. The trip to the hospital was silent. I was upset with him and he was clearly upset with me.

"What happened?" he asked, breaking the silence.

"I got robbed." I said, getting a look from him. Actually, it was more than that. The 'robber' was actually wielding a Japanese sword. Yes, a freaking Japanese sword. I sighed. It was a good thing that I was forced to learn kendo a few years ago, so I could evade some of the attacks. I decided not to tell Seunghyun the real truth, because I know he'll overreact. But I'm also curious about who's behind all this.

"Where were you?" he asked with his cold voice as he sighed. I groaned,

"You're not a detective, Seunghyun. Stop asking me with that cold tone."

"I'm your boyfriend. I have the right to know" he sighed.

"Look, I'm sorry I yelled at you. I..." he sighed. "I love you, _____ ah. I don't want to lose you"

"You don't have to yell."

"I know. I'm sorry." I grunted and pressed my wound harder as the pain increased.

"We're here. Here, put this on" he put off his jacket and gave it to me. He went out of the driver seat and opened the door. He lifted me and immediately went inside the ER.

 

-the next morning-

I slowly opened my eyes and looked around the room I'm not familiar with. I groaned as I remembered that the doctor said that I have to stay for the night. I looked beside me and found Seunghyun in the couch, sleeping peacefully.

"Seunghyun" I called him, trying to wake him up.

"Seunghyun ah" I called him louder

"Choi Seunghyun!" I shouted, startling him.

"Ah...." He tilted his head, "Morning, jagi" he smiled. I sighed and smiled,

"Go get something to eat. You haven't eaten anything since last night"

"Nah, you don't need to worry about me. Besides, I'm not hung--" suddenly his stomach grumbled.

"Go" I said while laughing

"Alright, alright. You got me" he stood up and smiled, "wait here" I nodded at him and he walked out of the door. I sighed and gently held my stomach. It doesn't hurt as much as last night, but it still stings. It was silent until someone knocked the door.

"Excuse me miss," a nurse came in, "There's a call for you. She said that it's really urgent."

"Alright. Thanks." The nurse nodded and went out as the phone rang. I answered it,

"Yeoboseyo?"

"Hi. Getting all cozy and comfortable at the hospital?" I frowned.

Ayaka.

What does she want now?

"I assume you're out of jail already" I said, trying to keep my temper.

"Please." She laughed,

"Anyway what happened yesterday.... You know it's not going to end right there, right?" I closed my eyes. Of course. Dad is the head of yakuza group in Japan. They're not going to stop.

"Come. Alone. Before I changed my mind and slaughter all of you. You have three days." she laughed and hung up. I sighed and leaned. This is it. From dad's character, I know he wants to make me pay for his humiliation. He wants to make sure I'm not breathing anymore.

He's going to kill me.

I looked at my couple ring and sighed.

"I'm sorry. But you deserve a better life without me."

 



-later that evening-

"Jagiya are you sure you're fine?" He asked as he wrapped his hand around my waist. I was discharged from the hospital, and both of us were walking to his car.

"Seunghyun, I need to talk." I said, facing him. I looked at his face, and he looked confused. I took a deep breath, trying to hold back my tears. Maybe this is the answer. That we are not meant to be together. I closed my eyes.

"Seunghyun...let's break up." I opened my eyes, looking at his reaction. His eyes widened in shock. His expression changed from shock to anger.

"What....what are you talking about?" Tears were starting to fill his eyes.

"This is not even funny, _____ ah!" He yelled. I tried to look away from him. I couldn't hold it much longer. Tears were flowing down my cheeks.

"Who did it?" He suddenly asked. His face were also wet of tears.

"No, Seunghyun, I--"

"I'm asking you who did this to you!" He yelled. I could only look away. This is for both of us, Seunghyun. Please understand. I don't want to hurt you. You belong in a different world from me.

"I..... want us to break up." He gently cupped my face, forcing me to look to his eyes.

"Say that one more time. In front of me. Look at my eyes." He said, half-shouted. Tears were clouding my sight.

"Look, I know it'll be hard at first, but--"

"Don't lie to me."

"I'm not, Seunghyun." He let go of his hands and looked away in disbelief before looking at me.

"What did I do wrong, _____ ah? Tell me..." he was sobbing. I closed my eyes. I can't look at him. Please don't cry. You'll be happier without me.

Please. Just let me go.

"You...didn't. It's just me. I.....I d-don't think we should continue much further." I looked into his intense eyes.

"I don't deserve...you. And you deserve a better person. Trust me. You'll be happier with someone else."

"So suddenly you're feeling unworthy? What are you talking about? I'm happy with you on my side. I want you and only you. I love you, _____ ah." His voice cracked.

Please don't say that.

"I'm sorry, Seunghyun ah." I took a step back from him. My face were wet of tears, and so do his. He suddenly approached me and wrapped his arms around my body.

"Please, don't do this to me. Please give me another chance. Please don't leave me alone. I need you. " I let go of his arms.

"Goodbye." I took a step back. I was getting further and further from him. He was crying. I turned and ran away from him. I didn't care if my abdomen hurts.

 


I'm sorry, Seunghyun.

 


Stay tune!