Chapter 1

It's You

 

[One sunny monday...]
 
"So, how much?" the man in the blue suit asked.
"135,000 dollars." replied the older man.
"Deal. I need it prepared by Wednesday."
"I will make sure it is ready by then...will you excuse me for a moment?"
"Sure."
 
Lee Sungmin is soon to be the owner of EZ company. Sungmin was a very detailed man. Religious. Feminine but manly. Charismatic, to be exact. But when it came to working, he puts all things aside and, ofcourse, works until he doesn't feel anything anymore. Due to his heartbreaking past, people understand why he drowns himself with work and...soju. And now...well...he is sitting while whistling. His phone rings and he answers it.
 
"Hello?"
"Um, this is Heechul, are you busy tonight? Because I got two tickets for that golf game."
"Golf?"
"I'm just kidding, what I really meant is that movie you badly wanted to see."
"Oh yeah, what time?"
"Whenever you are free."
"4:30 P.M. then."
"See ya'there."
 
Kim Heechul. Gay. Sungmin is sure that this hyung likes him. Like really likes him. But it's not like Sungmin doesn't like Heechul. Sungmin has been crushing on Heechul and he's planning to tell him today. Anyways, Sungmin erases the thought as the older man came back.
 
"Ah, sorry that I kept you waiting, here are the documents."
"It's okay. Anyways, I need to go."
"Well then, bye."
 
[In a cafe...]
 
"How was the acrobatic show?" 
"It was ok, because my daughter liked it, she wanted to give you these." The man gave the other man an envelope.
"Aww, how sweet of her."
"I know, anyways, I need to go see my family now. I asked the waiter to get you some food. Don't worry, I paid for it." The man went out the cafe and waved goodbye to the other man. 
"Here is the requested food." The waiter, which came out of nowhere, said.
"Ah, thank you."
 
[1 hour and 32 seconds later in the other man's apartment...]
 
"..." The other man looks at the envelope on the coffee table. He stares...stares...and his phone rings. He answers it.
"Hello?"
"Hi, is this Park Leeteuk?"
"...How do you know my real name?"
"This is the managers new secretary."
"Your code?" Leeteuk said, still not trusting th man on the other line.
"64892." The man said, offended.
"I'm sorry...I just....-"
"I know, I know, you do not exist, well, atleast your character doesn't. Anyways, the manager have sent a package for you. Get it at the shop next to the Cinema. Okay?"
"Yes, sir." Leeteuk hanged up, he grabbed his coat and hat and headed to the shop.
 
[Heechul's car]
 
"How's it going?" Heechul broke the silence.
"Fine, you?" Sungmin smiled. Heechul's face was blushing but he thought Sungmin didn't see it.
"I'm great." Heechul mentally slapped himself thinking 'Oh, wow, smooth Heechul, really.' Sungmin just giggles while Heechul starts the engine.
 
[30 minutes later...in the shop]
 
"Hello. Here." Leeteuk gave his stuff to be scanned. A box of siopao, orange juice, and a small milk carton. He paid for it and and left. As he went out, he jogged and accidentally crashed into a man.
"Ah, I'm so sorry." Leeteuk said picking up the man.
"Ah, don't worry, I'm okay." The man said and took the dirt off his pants.
"I'm really sorry."
"Ah, no, it's okay. I'm sorry too. I gotta go though." 
"Ah, okay, I'm soryy." Leeteuk picked his stuff but noticed the man's walket was left behind. He tried to catch the man but he was already gone out of sight. Leeteuk opened the wallet and there was a picture of a handsome man. It was the man's wallet. It stated 'Lee Sungmin'. He decided to just return it tommorrow.
 
[Cinema]
 
"Do you want popcorn?" Heechul whispered to Sungmin.
"No thanks and the movie is starting anyways." Sungmin replied.
"Are you sure?" Heechul asked again.
"If you insist, then, fine." Sungmin replied knowing something had to be, as in had to be, in the popcorn. 
"Okay, I'll go now."Heechul said, leaving to fetch his "special popcorn". As Heechul left, the scene of the movie changes to another scene. A scene where two guys kissing and confessing to each other.
 
[Leeteuk's apartment]
 
Leeteuk ripped open the siopao and found a USB. He drained the orange juice and finds a laminated card with a four digit code. The milk, well, the milk was for breakfast. He plugs in the USB. He puts in the four digit code. Clicks on the one and only file and finds himself looking at document that contains:
 
CASE NO.: 705
Main Objective: Assault(optional) and retrieve information. 
Team: None
Description:
Hello, Agent 233SK. A man named Lee Kwanyu, present owner of EZ company has a lot of information that can help Case no. 348. The longest case ever lived. You need to find a way to make Mr. Lee talk openly to you. If he states anything about a guy named Jue Ponyung, find his whereabouts and find time to assault. ASAP. 
 
Leeteuk remebers something and gets wallet of the man he crashed to earlier. He searched his wallet, knowing he might be a relative of the source. He saw a buisness card. An EZ company buisness card.
 
[Cinema]
 
The movie finished and to Sungmin's suprise, there wasn't anything in the popcorn. So, he just planned to confess later on.
 
[1 hour later...]
 
Sungmin and Heechul are in a park, watching the stars. Sungmin is nervous and can't find the time to talk. But, hell with it.
"Heechul. Do...do you like me?"
"What? Ofcourse. You are my bestfriend."
"No, like, I mean. Like. Lovers."
"You are joking with me right?"
"I'm not."
"Well, I do...." Sungmin smiled. "....but I can't." Sungmin confused looked at Heechul. Heechul kept looking at the sky.
"Why? Is it me? It's me isn't it?" Sungmin replied, hurt.
"No, I love you but c'mon, let's face it Sungmin, we can't. I'll ruin it for you. You are a celebrity and if people start to hate you...it will be my fault."
"But....."Sungmin replied, speechless.
"Look...uhh...you should just forget about me and just go get a girl."
"Just go get a girl?! A girl?! You are telling me to get a girl and what?! I don't like girls anymore and it's because of you! I thought...I would finally get loved again. But, I always get rejected, here and then. What am I?! What am I to you Kim Heechul?!" Sungmin was crying. Heechul felt sorry but he did have a point, even Sungmin knew it. Heechul was hurt to you know.
"Well, I'm sorry if I just wanted to keep your reputation up. I'm sorry if...if I just wanted to show how much I cared about you even if it meant to give up loving you even though deep inside I love you more than myself." Heechul said crying too. Sungmin felt sorry for blaming him.
"I-" Sungmin was cut by Heechul.
"There is no need to say anything. I'm about to go to America for two months. I was gonna give you my phone number there so we could talk but I know you won't talk to me. So, I'll just go now." Heechul said angrily. Sungmin tried to stop him.
"Wait, please don't leave." Sungmin begged.
"I have to leave. Things happen for a reason Sungmin and if I can't date you...then I better just not exist." Heechul said. He continues. "I got a taxi for you. I guess this is goodbye. I love you." Heechul left and started the engine of his car. Sungmin has been left heartbroken, once again.