Chapter 9

Can't you understand my heart?

Suyeon's POV

After a few more bus stops and a couple of minutes of walking,  we arrived at Sunggyu's place.To  my surprise, Sunggyu's house was a mansion. The house was at least three times as big as my tiny house and the architect design of the house was so modern and flash that I knew that house was worth a lot of money. I would never have guessed he came from a wealthy familyThe more I know about Sunggyu, the more I realize he is a very nice humbly guy. It's hard to find people like him. 

When Doojoon and I went inside, everyone was already there working hard, including Hyomin and her partner. For a good two hours, we all buckled down and worked tremendously hard (surprisingly, even Doojoon). Our efforts paid off and we all finished simultaneously, which indeed felt good. Shortly after, Sunggyu brought some food to the living room, which his mother had thoughtfully prepared for us before she left for work. A nice simple vanilla cake, served with freshly squeezed orange juice. After enjoying such delicious treat, no one was too keen on doing the dishes. Doojoon, being the fun-loving guy he is, suggested we play paper-scissors-rock to determine which two (out of the six of us) would do the dishes. His plan backfired on him when he lost  and unfortunately for me, so did I. 

We gathered to all the dishes and placed them in the kitchen sink. As much as I hated doing dishes, if it was with Doojoon, I didn't mind at all.  "Sorry, you are stuck doing the dishes. This isn't how it was meant to end up." Doojoon surprisingly apologized

I  giggled a little bit. "Hehe, it's okay. At least the game gave me an opportunity to not do the dishes. If it weren't for that, I would have been cornered into doing them myself. So thank you." 

Doojoon smiled weakly. "I know that's why I hoped someone other than you would lose. You are always so kind and hardworking I wanted to do something small for you to give you a rest."

I didn't know what to say his uncommon kind words made me blush. He slowly placed one of his hands on my cheek and my face turned red as a tomato. "I know how hard you've been working on this assignment. Don't push yourself so hard to the point that even I, your longest friend, can't even get the chance to see your smiling face." He gently said. I was so high up in cloud nine that all I could do was stare at him and say nothing. A few seconds after Doojoon suddenly cleared his throat and added "I mean who else would I be able to annoy." He turned away and began doing the dishes. I huge smile plastered on my face and I joined him. Moments like these make me love you so much more, Doojoon. 


Doojoon's POV

What the heck was that!? I'm going nuts.. .  I swear I'm crazy!!