Chapter 3

Can't you understand my heart?

Suyeon's POV

Unfortunately the familiar face wasn't someone like Doojoon. Hehe, it would be nice if it was him. The familiar face was a guy in my class. His name is Sunggyu, I think. I hardly ever talked to him but I would rather sit next to him than anyone else. Seeing him up close and not from the other side of the classroom I could see that he was very handsome. His hair seemed to fall perfectly on his face. Each and every strand. 

When he saw me his eyes widened. 

"What are you doing here, miss goodie too shoes? Never thought I would see a girl like you in here." He teased

"I didn't pay attention in class, hehe. What about you? Aren't you a goodie as well?" I asked

"Well, I'm usually late to school so I usually get detentions for being late to class. Luckily my parents know my reasons so they don't yell at me for getting detentions." He replied 

"Waah, so lucky. This is my first time getting detention and I swear tomorrow you will be hearing news about my death." I said thinking about my scary parents.

"Hahahah relax, the first time you're in here they won't say anything to your parents." He laughed

"Chincha!? That's good I thought the teacher was going to tell my parents. Speaking of teachers, where is the detention teacher." I asked looking around.

"He doesn't come in here, they just lock the door when we get in and unlock it when it's time to get out."

"Why? Won't people just talk? It's not really a punishment if they do this."

"Most of the people in here are always here. When they did proper detentions it had no affect so the teachers didn't want to waste their time" Sunggyu explained to me.

"Aah, I see." I nodded my head

"You wanna hear some funny facts about the people in here?" He asked and I nodded my head with a big smile.

He carried on telling me about how some of the toughest people in our school had the weirdest hobbies. One of the guys, a strong fighter and in a gang, knits as a hobby.  I couldn't help but laugh. So unnexpected. The time passed pretty fast because of Sunggyu. Although we had just met, it felt like he was one of my closest friends. Hehe I think I just made a new friend.

Sunggyu's POV

When I saw Suyeon in detention I was really shock. I never really talked to her but I knew she was extremely smart and she was the good type. So seeing her in detention was a big shock. It was nice seeing someone I sorta knew in here. Different from the usual gang members, smokers and other troublemakers that usually come to this room.

I watched her scan around for a seat. I really hoped she would sit next to me. It would be nice making a new friend. Because I am a reserved person, I don't make a lot of friends ( not a loner though). My heart leaped when she started to move to the  seat near mine. I didn't know what to say so I just asked her what she was doing here. I was a little scared that she wouldn't talk to me but she spoke to me like I was one of her friends. I watched what I was saying to her because I didn't want to come off strong and scare her away but to my surprised she giggled and joined in the conversation. She was nice and really pretty. I think I just made a new friend.