Chapter 11

Can't you understand my heart?

Suyeon's POV

Nam Woohyun was a very nice guy. His personality fit together with Hyomin's like a glove. He was outgoing, fun-loving, extroverted and yet he was still a hard worker. He was very handsome too which matched together with Hyomin's looks. Above all else, he truly cared and cherished Hyomin. There wasn't anything to hate about Woohyun.
 
However,  things slowly began to change between my friendship with Hyomin. I hardly spent as much time as I normally did with her. Her birthday was a total flop. Since she kept postponing it because she was spending time with Woohyun, we all ended up just giving her her birthday presents without the usual celebration. I guess as long as Hyomin is happy, I'm happy too. As time passed, I found myself spending more and more time with Sunggyu than I did with Hyomin. Even when I tried to invite her to hang out the response would always be the same. Although it was the same, I still wanted to try. 
During lunchtime, I tried to ask Hyomin to hang out with me, yet again. This was the first time in weeks I had seen Hyomin without Woohyun (he had sports practice). Even Hyunseung and Doojoon had joined us. When I think about it, Doojoon and Hyunseung are joining Sunggyu and I a lot more than when Hyomin was around. I wonder why?
 
"Hyomin, are you free this weekend. Do you think we could hang out?" I asked with a slight hope
 
"I'm reeeaally sorry, I've already made plans with Hyunnie. I'll make it up to you." She apologized,  I gently smiled at her and said it was okay. At that moment, Doojoon stood up from the table at which we were sitting and gestured for me to follow him. I did as I was told
 
After a while Doojoon stopped walking. We were out of the other three's sight. Doojoon turned around and faced me. 
 
"You know you don't have to hold it in. If you feel lonely you can always tell Hyomin about how you feel. It's not good for you to feel so sad. I know you miss her but she won't understand how you feel unless you tell her yourself." Doojoon smiled at me and ruffled my hair. My heart started to beat faster and ache at the truth in his words. I knew I couldn't be that selfish.
"Yeah, I know. Don't worry, I'm not lonely. As long as Hyomin is happy. I'm happy too."  The bell rang and we walked back to class.
 
Doojoon's POV
Lately I noticed Suyeon feeling quite depressed. At first I didn't know why until I realized how Hyomin had become too busy to spend time with her. It was understandable why Suyeon was so dejected. After always being around someone for ten years and then suddenly drifting apart was a very difficult thing.  I should probably talk to her about it soon. The less Hyomin was around Suyeon, the more Sunggyu spent time alone with Suyeon. I didn't like it. Of course my man instincts are warning me of the kinda man this guy was. As the loyal friend  that I was,  I tried to stay closer to Suyeon more than I had before. I didn't want someone like Sunggyu taking advantage of my friend while she was hurting the way she was.