Chapter 10

Seeing You Again (And We Meet Again Spinoff!)

Jason and I spend the entire afternoon creating detailed plans and contracts, calling various restaurants and shops, and filling Tanya and Kevin in on what we called “Operation: ChelsEli”. By the time I depart from the café I’m exhausted... but absolutely excited at the same time.

It’s time to go dress shopping.

 


              

The next day I call Eli first thing in the morning.

“Chelsea?” he says apprehensively. He’s probably jumpy about my reaction to the news he broke yesterday: that he's moving back to Seoul. “How are you?”

“There’s no need to sound so nervous,” I giggle. “Is Eli Kim losing his bite? Don’t tell me you’re turning into a meek little boy?”

"Meek little boy?” Eli scoffs, his concerned tone replaced by a joking one. “Au contraire, mon frere. I just think you’re delusional.”

“Are you free at 7 tonight?” I smile.

“I’m always free for you, my sweetie pie munchkin bumpkin.”

 “Yeah, yeah." I roll my eyes, giggling despite myself. "Meet me at Vivian Park at 7, kay? Wear something nice.” I quickly hang up, cutting Eli off as he asks, “Wait, why do I have to wear something ni-,”

 


               

It’s 6:53 PM.

T minus 7 minutes.

Pacing back and forth in my designer red Prada v-neck dress, I dial Jason to check the status on dinner.

“The food’s done and ready to be wheeled in. Everything’s set up.” Someone on the line tells Jason something, and he informs me, "We're good to go, Chelsea. You should get in position."

“Got it.” I stow my phone away and stride inside the large pavilion that is adorned with beautiful red roses (courtesy of Flower Palooza. Their decorating services are relatively inexpensive). Thin strings of light are woven between the wide pillars of the structure, giving the entire place a stunning, ethereal look.

Pulling out the padded white chair sitting on one end of the glass table which sits in the middle of the pavilion, I cross my legs and nervously wait for Eli.

Only a few minutes later, a sleek black Mercedes pull up to the parking lot. Eli emerges from the car, gaping awe-struck at the beautiful sight before him. He turns around, and that’s when he sees me.

His eyes widen, and he saunters up the steps to the pavilion.

“What’s this?” he jokes. “I would’ve thought that all this was for your boyfriend.”

“Exactly.” I grab his hand and gaze into his warm brown eyes. “Eli, you’re a funny, wonderful, amazing guy. I’ve known you for 6 years and there hasn’t been a single moment during that time when I haven’t stopped liking you. Even though we get on each others' nerves sometimes, you're still the guy I love. Will you... be my boyfriend?”

Eli stares at me for a full minute, then murmurs, “About damn time.”

And he lifts me up and kisses me.

It feels like my entire body is melting into his arms, like we're the only two people in the entire world. Oh my god, I can feel the fireworks exploding between us. I can hear the soft groan that escapes his lips, the sound of the fabric of my dress being ruffled up by the movement of his arm.

After we detach from each other, Eli wraps me in a tight embrace.

“I love you, Chelsea,” he whispers into my ear. “You don’t know how kind and funny and beautiful you are. When I left to go back to Seoul, I never stopped thinking about you for the entire 5 years. I was there After I came back here I thought you had moved on. You and Jason-,”

“You idiot.” I roll my eyes affectionately. “Jason has a boyfriend already.”

Eli looks down at his feet, a mortified expression on his face. “Oh. I- I knew that.”

“So can you call me your ‘sweetie pie munchkin bumpkin’ for real this time?” I smile.

“I was always calling you that for real,” he grins, and wraps me up in another kiss. 

 


A/N: One more chapter and this story will be over~