Chapter 6

For A Change

They arrived at the cafe where Dongwoo worked. It was a small and cosy cafe. The lights were dimmed and it looked like a relaxing place to stay. The theme of the cafe was vintage. It had brick walls with tiny lights hanging from the ceiling. There's one big wall full of sticky notes from couples, friends and foreigners. The tables and chairs were at a reasonable size. They were mostly divided for two people or four people. 

Suzy and Myungsoo went inside the shop and saw Dongwoo's smiling face. They took the table nearest to the window and made themselves comfortable. After serving a few people, Dongwoo went over to Suzy and Myungsoo. 

"Hey there!" He greeted them. 

The younger ones smiled. "Hello oppa!" Suzy said while Myungsoo nodded as a reply to his hyung. 

"What can I get you?" Dongwoo asked as he took out a pen and a small notebook. 

"I'll have lemon ice tea, please~" Suzy said as she put the menu book back down on the table. 

"I'll have the same" Myungsoo said blankly. 

Dongwoo smiled and left them alone to get their drinks. They both watched him walk away and when he disappeared from their sight, they looked at each other and made eye contact. They studied each other's eyes, looking for emotions, stories, anything that they can find. Suzy smiled a little, her eyes responded and shrank a little. Myungsoo felt like someone shoved the sun inside him, making his insides melt. This feeling only visited him once... which was today. 

They were interrupted with Dongwoo's laughter. "Are you two having a 'no blinking' competition?" He joked. The younger ones looked at him. He served them their drinks and said, "Well, I can't stay and chat because I have a job to fulfil!" He smiled widely before leaving them again. 

Suzy took a sip of her ice tea before asking Myungsoo, "Did you have any blood related brothers or sisters?" 

Myungsoo shook his head. "Did you?"

Suzy looked at him in the eyes, "Yeah. An older sister and an older brother." 

There was a long pause while they looked into each other's eyes. Unlike before, Suzy's eyes were full of sadness. She tried to hide it by smiling but the emotion is clear. Myungsoo felt hurt all of a sudden after seeing the change of emotion in her eyes. It was soft before but now, it was melted and moulded by force. 

"Do you want to talk about it?" Myungsoo asked softly, being careful with his words. 

Suzy continued to look him in the eyes, "I think it would probably be best. I need to get it out sometime." She paused. Myungsoo waited for her to continue and drank his ice tea as quietly as he can. "My older brother and sister are twins. They were really close like best friends. That's what my unnie told me. But something terrible started to happen in the family which caused a lot of pain and sufferings." Suzy could no longer handle looking at Myungsoo. 

"Oppa decided to send me and unnie away. 'It's for the best' he said to us. He lied." Suzy looked back at him. Her lips were pressed into a line. The happy Suzy was gone. "Unnie died in a car crash. The worst thing is our mother caused her death. Oppa said everything would be better if we left but everything went downhill after few a years." She stopped talking and drank the rest of her ice tea. 

Myungsoo would probably regret asking this but he asked anyway. "When did she die?" 

"About 6 months before I got adopted." 

"Is your brother still alive?" 

"Yeah"

There was a brief moment of silence. 

Myungsoo reached his arm out to hold her hand in comfort. "I'm sorry." Myungsoo apologized for something he didn't do. 

Suzy smiled, "It's not your fault, oppa." 

"What was her name?" Myungsoo asked. He was suddenly curious about her family. And her past. And her. 

"Hyomin." 

Something lit up in Myungsoo's head. He had heard that name before but he can't recall when or how. He must have mistaken it. After all, there's a lot of Hyomin's in South Korea. 

Suzy found his thinking face cute. She leaned forward, reached out and pinched his cheeks. "You're so cute, Myung Myung oppa~" 

Myungsoo snapped back to reality as soon as he heard 'Myung Myung~' He turned around only to nearly die when his face was up close to Suzy. What made him die a little more inside was that she was smiling. He retreated back when he felt all the blood rushed up to his face. He cleared his throat loudly, making Suzy chuckle. 

Suzy, with her sharp eyes, realised she made him blush. "Are you blushing?" 

Myungsoo scoffed, "No." He was back to being an ice prince, as what his brothers use to call him. "Do you like flowers?" 

Suzy thought about it for a while, "Nope, not really. I'm not fond of it." She paused and her face brightened. "Oh! But I do like cherry blossoms. They're beautiful."

Hearing this, Myungsoo smiled. "At least, we have something in common." 

"You like them too?" Myungsoo nodded. 

"Great! I know a park full of cherry blossom trees but it's quite far." Suzy pouted. Myungsoo's heart skipped a beat. 

Suzy and Myungsoo brainstormed some ideas on how to get there. A light bulb lit up in Myungsoo's head. "Can we take a bus there?" 

Suzy nodded, "But it might take a while for us to get there and back home. It's probably going to be too late when we come back home." 

"Wait... Do you have any lesson after this free lesson?"

"Yeah. This is my only free lesson today." 

Myungsoo smiled a little, "its fine. Sunggyu hyung won't mind. I'll meet you at the gate entrance." 

Suzy grinned, "Okay! Don't you have any more lessons today?" 

"Nope!" 

Suzy looked around and spotted the wall full of notes. "Look!" She said as she pointed at the wall. "Let's do one of those"

Myungsoo looked at the direction that Suzy was pointing at. He was amazed by all the sticky notes that lived there. "Aren't those for couples only?" He asked, still looking at the wall. 

"Well, we could be the first non-couple to do it." Suzy suggested. "Let's go Myung Myung oppa!" Suzy stood up and made her way to the wall. Yet again, Myungsoo died a little inside. It's probably he's tenth time that he died today because of her. The only thing he doesn't understand is why he keeps 'dying' and why butterflies keeps coming in and out of him. 

He stood up and followed Suzy. There's a small table near the wall. It has a bunch blank sticky notes and a bunch of pens. Suzy started to write something. Myungsoo went over and looked over her shoulder, trying to read what she wrote. Suzy could feel his breathing so she turned around and said, "You're not allowed to look" 

Myungsoo responded with a blank expression, "Why not?" 

"You're allowed to look at it... when I say so." Suzy turned her back on Myungsoo and continued writing. 

"Fine, if you won't let me see it then you can't see fine." Myungsoo went at the opposite side of Suzy, took a pen and started to write something. Suzy moved back a little and created a shield around her piece of paper with her hand. Myungsoo looked up and smiled. So childish, he thought. 

"Are you done?" Suzy asked, patting Myungsoo's shoulder. 

"Wait..." Myungsoo looked up. "Done." 

"Good! Now, you put yours over there and I'll put my over here so we won't look at each other's!" 

"You're just like Sunggyu hyung. Orders people around" 

Suzy felt a firework set off inside of her. She grinned, "I know~!" 

Myungsoo walked to the other end of the wall and stuck his there. Suzy did the same. They walked up to each other and met in the middle. 

"Can't look until I tell you too" Suzy reminded him.

"Same goes for you. Now let's go back to school. I'm sure you don't want to be late, especially on your first day of school." Suzy nodded and they both headed back to the tables. They got ready to go and headed out when Myungsoo remembered something. "Wait. I need to tell Dongwoo hyung something." 

Myungsoo searched for Dongwoo, who was at the counter talking to one of his colleagues. Myungsoo went over and Suzy followed him. 

"Hyung" Myungsoo said, getting Dongwoo's attention. "Suzy and I are going to be late back home later. We're going somewhere for our project."

Dongwoo looked at Myungsoo then at Suzy then back at Myungsoo. "That's probably a good idea." He smiled. 

Myungsoo was confused for a minute until he remembered their mother. He nodded, "Yeah. Thanks hyung" He turned around and walked out the cafe with Suzy. 

"Who was that?" Wooyoung asked, Dongwoo's colleague. 

"My younger brother and sister." Dongwoo replied with his signature smile. 

Wooyoung seemed taken aback. "Really? I thought they were dating." 

Dongwoo scoffed, "Why would you think that?" 

"Well, they wrote something for the wall over there and..." Wooyoung paused. 

"And...?"

"And... they just do, okay? Stop pressuring me! Sheesh!" Wooyoung went to serve a group of people who came in and left Dongwoo alone. 

"I hope they won't end up like one. Everything will just get even more complicated and Sunggyu hyung would probably disapprove." He sighed. "Wait... so they weren't playing the 'no blinking' game?" 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meh... It's quite long, right? So I decided to add the MyungZy tag cos MyungZy just so perfect and beautiful. I can't leave them alone ;u; Oh and the cherry blossoms.. cos I love them. Have some namhearts~ (/≧▽≦)/~♥ 

 

Love, asdfghjklomg!