Chapter 4

For A Change

"We should wake her up! She didn't eat lunch yet and she could die from starvation!" Sungyeol exaggerated. Myungsoo rolled his eyes while Sungjong sighed at his hyung. 

"I'm sure she'll wake up when she gets hungry." Sunggyu comforted the younger boy. 

Sungyeol stood up in frustration, "Am I the only one who's worried!?" He looked around, searching for someone to be on his side. 

Everyone ignored him except for Myungsoo. "Sit down." Myungsoo ordered. 

Sungyeol did as he was told and pouted at him. "You're worried too, right?" 

Myungsoo replied with his signature poker face and shrugged. Sungyeol calmed down when something on TV distracted him and made him laugh. Sungjong and Myungsoo were watching with him while Dongwoo took a nap. Woohyun and Hoya were on the laptop. Sunggyu made his way upstairs to get ready to go to work. Before going to his room, he passed by Suzy's and opened the door a little, taking a peek. She was still sleeping. He went to take a shower and got ready. 

He came down after an hour to find Dongwoo awake, holding a bag of crisps. The others were nowhere to be seen. "Where are the others?" Sunggyu asked, taking the bag of crisps away from Dongwoo. "And this is unhealthy." 

Dongwoo rolled his eyes, "They're outside. Sungyeol got really bored and dragged them all out. Luckily I was still asleep." Sunggyu nodded and made his way to the door that leads to the garden. He watched his brothers through the transparent glass. "Suzy should be having fun too." Dongwoo said from behind. 

Sunggyu turned around to make eye contact with Dongwoo. "Will you look after her when I'm not here please? I know the others would too but they could get over board some times." He turned to look at Sungyeol outside. "Especially Yeollie." Dongwoo patted Sunggyu's shoulders as a yes. Sunggyu gave him a smile before going. "Ring me if something happens, okay? Oh! And mum will be back tonight. Make sure all of you are in bed especially Suzy." Dongwoo nodded again and motioned him to go. 

Dongwoo watched Sunggyu walk out the door. "The things you do for us." He said to no one in particular. 

Just a few seconds after Sunggyu left, Suzy made her downstairs. "Where did Sunggyu oppa go?" She asked him, rubbing her eyes. 

Dongwoo gave her a warm smile, "He just went to work." Something on Suzy's arm caught his eye. 

He kept staring at it until Suzy realised what he was looking at. "Where's the other oppas?" She attempted to distract him. 

Dongwoo looked up, "Outside." He decided not to ask any questions about it. "Go out and have fun with them."

Suzy smiled, "I will after I eat. I'm starving!" 

Suzy made her way to the kitchen followed by Dongwoo. Suzy picked up an apple and took a bite out of it. "Is that all you're eating?" Dongwoo looked at her worriedly. 

Suzy nodded, "Not that hungry." 

Dongwoo chuckled, "Well, you're definition of starving is completely different from mine." 

Suzy smiled, "I'm not a big eater." 

"That explains everything." 

It was quiet for a few minutes. Dongwoo would take glances between his brothers outside and Suzy eating her apple. Suzy took the last bite and throwed the apple core in the bin. "Did mum leave for work?" Suzy asked, trying to make conversation. 

Dongwoo seems a bit uncomfortable talking about their mother. "Yeah" was all he said. 

"Did you sleep well last night oppa?" Suzy took a sit on the kitchen table, looking outside. 

"Yeah. Did you?" 

Suzy nodded. "Do we have any pain killers?" 

Dongwoo snapped his head to look at her "Are you in pain?" He started to examine her. Every visible skin. 

Suzy laughed a little, "No. Just in case. Sungyeol oppa might need it after losing the wrestling match with Hoya oppa and Woohyun oppa." 

Dongwoo scoffed and looked outside, "Sungyeol won't let them." He was relieved that it wasn't her. "But yeah, we do." Suzy just nodded. "So are you exited for school tomorrow?" 

"Yeah!" Suzy beamed. "By the way oppa, do you work?" 

"Yeah. I work at a cafe near your school. You should come tomorrow when you have some free time." Dongwoo informed her. 

"I would love to!" Suzy smiled enthusiastically. 

"Suzy, can I ask you something?" Dongwoo asked, looking at her arm again. Suzy nodded. Dongwoo waited a while before asking. He looked at her in the eye and asked, "Are you hurt?" 

Suzy was surprised by his question but shook her head, "No. Why?" 

"Nothing." Dongwoo shrugged it off. "Did you get hurt?" He made sure to state the difference between the questions. 

Suzy was quiet for a few minutes. "No oppa." Suzy's enthusiasm suddenly disappeared. "Can we please talk about something else? I don't like this gloomy and serious atmosphere." 

Before Dongwoo could answer, the others came in noisily. "Oh! Suzy you're awake!" Sungyeol exclaimed. Myungsoo smiled from behind Sungyeol and continued to make his way through the living room. Woohyun patted Suzy's head and Hoya gave her a smile. Sungjong sat next to them. 

"Have you eaten?" Sungjong asked her. 

Suzy nodded, "Yeah."

Sungjong felt the weird atmosphere. He looked at Dongwoo, searching for answers. Dongwoo looked at Sungjong in the eye before drifting his eyes back to one of Suzy's arm. Sungjong followed the gaze. His face stiffened and his mouth was pressed into a thin line. After a few moments, Suzy got up and made her way to the living room where the others are. 

Sungjong waited until Suzy was out of sight before asking Dongwoo "Is that why mum didn't bother us last night?" Sungjong said through gritted teeth. 

Dongwoo shook his head slowly, "I don't know. I didn't ask her just in case it was from something different. She could have banged her arm against a table or something." 

Sungjong stood up and folded his arms. "Did she say anything about?" 

"No." Dongwoo paused ebfore continuing. "But if you think about it, she would hide it if mum did do it to her. I'm pretty sure she doesn't want us to worry about her but she didn't hide it. She saw me looking at it but she didn't panic and she didn't try to hide it." Dongwoo was getting more serious. "We could be jumping to conclusions."

Sungjong nodded in agreement, "Let's just observe for the next couple of days. If it multiplies, we know the answer." They averted they gaze to the door. They could hear Sungyeol's laugh followed by an 'ow'. "Let's also keep this to ourselves. The others might take this in their hands. Especially Sunggyu hyung." 

Dongwoo nodded and jumped off the kitchen table. He walked to the living with Sungjong following from behind.